RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 145,466
Members: 25,790
Currently online: 498
Newest member: magnoliamanor

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old May 9 2015, 11:36 PM   #1
think
Rear Admiral

View think's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to think Send a message via AIM to think Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to think Send a message via Yahoo to think
Do you hallucinate?-Your experience with this?

Ok? My first hallucinations were of the rising sun. (Suns). This was from staying up all night.,, Then the voices arrived in 1984.,, the voices are still going but it's more music and visual notes,.. Then anything else still I feel bugs bite me,.. See them,.. But they are not there just hallucinations,.. Sometimes I have divine intervention like and the voices are God or godlike sometimes Buddha other lesser or greater personalities anyway besides tasting blood or smells of stuff pugnacious and bad. Also the plant's spirits talk to me as much as communications from other galaxies and other universes out there.

What do you hallucinate? Have you ever had a hallucination? Have you ever had to help someone having bad hallucinations?

What is your experience with this? Or what is your confusion about this?

Peace sauce,..
Old May 9 2015, 11:45 PM   #2
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Do you hallucinate?-Your experience with this?

I have never hallucinated.

Passed out? Yes. No hallucinations. It's probably better that way.
Old May 9 2015, 11:48 PM   #3
Kilana2
Fleet Captain

Maria Johanna????? Cocaine????? Ketracel White??????? Never used that stuff.
Old May 9 2015, 11:50 PM   #4
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

^ Me neither. Booze is as far as I go.
Old May 10 2015, 12:05 AM   #5
think
Rear Admiral

View think's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to think Send a message via AIM to think Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to think Send a message via Yahoo to think

right --- i did not mention the drug problem,.. i was, in the hospital and had broken my ankle and they put me on morphine --- I hallucinated after surgery that the nurse was my dead mother and I got to say all the things i needed to say to Mom after she died... hallucinations yes.. drugs yes... the sun rise was sleep deprivation some religions use fasting to hallucinate ... (see God) or sweat lodges to even frankincense that I ware is a mild hallucinagen used by the catholic church ...

any way focus have you notice a person that was hallucinating how did you handle the situation? how would I handle that situation if I meet someone tripped for one reason or another... you know hallucinating ?
Old May 10 2015, 01:41 AM   #6
Awesome Possum
Mad With Power

View Awesome Possum's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Awesome Possum Send a message via AIM to Awesome Possum

Only under the influence of substances that aren't exactly seen as legal. They ranged from pleasant to terrifying, but in the end were all beneficial. But I don't think they really compare to the other kind of hallucination.
I have existed from the creation of the forum and I shall exist until the last thread is deleted from the server. Although I have taken the form of Awesome Possum, I am all posters as I am no poster and therefore I am a Mod.
Awesome Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2015, 03:08 AM   #7
Let the Good Times Roll!!

I hallucinated a great deal in my younger days. Took a LOT of LSD in college.

Always had a good time. Never had a "bad trip".

I'm way too old for that now, but back when I was 8 feet tall and bulletproof....I saw some shit, man!

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2015, 03:20 AM   #8
think
Rear Admiral

Awesome Possum wrote: View Post
Only under the influence of substances that aren't exactly seen as legal. They ranged from pleasant to terrifying, but in the end were all beneficial. But I don't think they really compare to the other kind of hallucination.
help me out other as in seeing/hearing God? or other as in going to the other side of like nowheres and such? I think you are saying the divine interventional mystical experience right? have you been to that other side... even in some kind of fasting sweat lodge?

1001001 wrote: View Post

I'm way too old for that now, but back when I was 8 feet tall and bulletproof....I saw some shit, man!

why are you way too old? I have worked at nursing homes with the inmates.. errr patients mmmm consumers of the providers there.. hehehe --- would do the doses all the time or either live ... I mean live for years just like doing oxycontins or something similar.. yep. I in my personal arena I hope to never have to detox from the opiates or their derivatives again. the detox from say smoking meth or eating LSD was difficult for me... but it was the best thing I could do since I crossed the line between wanting to trip and needing to trip.. I was on the needy side and it left me doing things I am really not proud of at all.. Hence I am not too old for that, I am too wise for that IMO... even still wise is not the correct word I guess.

bad trip = the acid did not work?

Last edited by think; May 10 2015 at 03:25 AM. Reason: I hope, hope is real... There is hope...
think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10 2015, 03:23 AM   #9
Awesome Possum
Mad With Power

View Awesome Possum's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Awesome Possum Send a message via AIM to Awesome Possum

Under the proper dosage of mushrooms. The barrier between your mind and the universe dissolve, revealing the true wireframe of reality and fact that individuality is really a delusion and we are all the same entity perceiving itself as different people. Later on the same night I learned that, I hid under a sheet because I thought my future self was in the kitchen and if we saw each other, space-time would collapse.
I have existed from the creation of the forum and I shall exist until the last thread is deleted from the server. Although I have taken the form of Awesome Possum, I am all posters as I am no poster and therefore I am a Mod.
Old May 10 2015, 03:26 AM   #10
Awesome Possum
Mad With Power

think wrote: View Post
help me out other as in seeing/hearing God? or other as in going to the other side of like nowheres and such? I think you are saying the divine interventional mystical experience right? have you been to that other side... even in some kind of fasting sweat lodge?
I didn't see God, but I don't believe in any god. I did feel a deep connection to the universe and all life.

think wrote: View Post
1001001 wrote: View Post

why are you way too old? I have worked at nursing homes with the inmates.. errr patients mmmm consumers of the providers there.. hehehe --- would do the doses all the time or either live ... I mean live for years just like doing oxycontins or something similar.. yep. I in my personal arena I hope to never have to detox from the opiates or there derivatives again. the detox from say smoking meth or eating LSD was difficult for me... but it was the best thing I could do since I crossed the line between wanting to trip and needing to trip.. I was on the needy side and it left me doing things I am really not proud of at all.. Hence I am not too old for that I am too wise for that IMO...

bad trip = the acid did not work?
There's no such thing as a bad trip, just a challenging trip.
Old May 10 2015, 03:37 AM   #11
think
Rear Admiral

Under the proper dosage of mushrooms. The barrier between your mind and the universe dissolve, revealing the true wireframe of reality and fact that individuality is really a delusion and we are all the same entity perceiving itself as different people. Later on the same night I learned that, I hid under a sheet because I thought my future self was in the kitchen and if we saw each other, space-time would collapse.
Thought hallucinations are... also real.. and very new by definition but not by actualization... thinking your future self and you could cause this space-time collapse is interesting to me. I had a similar experience with moving setting of a cascade of butterfly effects leaving like your collapse mine would just slip out of existence everything that was. What was is also questionable because I had just had my first voice hallucinations and was started the psychotic drift to what gets labeled as schizoid .. and such. in college at about 21 years in 1984,.. my belief systems were becoming rewritten due to that first group of voices that chanted my name in every direction about me with no one there ...leading to the psychologist in the bushes out my wind that i had done therapy with thru high school.

I have found that there are unique personalities not of ... this universal mind we can ... communicate with at times... IMO they are not separate and yet are not apart of the "continuum" of one self being that we are. not many realize this one being many being idea... it is Awesome to see you realized that Possum... 000

Last edited by think; May 10 2015 at 03:39 AM. Reason: of one
think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13 2015, 11:37 PM   #12
Tora Ziyal
Rear Admiral

I hallucinated a couple times on Ambien. A little scary, a whole lot fascinating. In fact, I was kind of concerned about how fascinating I'd found it. It wasn't very reliable as a sleep med anyway, so I stopped taking it in a hurry.
Tora Ziyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2015, 12:01 AM   #13
JadziaDax
Lieutenant Commander

Depends on what I'm on...
JadziaDax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14 2015, 02:11 AM   #14
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

I don't hallucinate, but I can see things that need a second look--such as quickly glancing at a new product on a store shelf and initially misreading the label.
Old May 14 2015, 07:23 AM   #15
Melakon
Admiral

Was given morphine prior to knee surgery but never hallucinated. Closest to hallucinations seems to be when given gas prior to surgeries. The recurring image before immediate unconsciousness is like being under a spinning child's merry-go-round on a playground, with a whirring sound. Once got too much gas at a dentist's office, and because of a repeating phrase in a song on the radio, felt like I was in a timeloop and nearly had an anxiety attack. With gas, takes almost an hour longer than they expect for me to wake up.