RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,717
Members: 24,211
Currently online: 796
Newest member: dmhp32

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Productions

Fan Productions Creating our own Trek canon!

Old October 22 2011, 06:31 PM   #1
MarsWeeps
Commander

Starship Farragut Bridge - almost ready for action!

I've been keeping an eye on this since they started construction. This is the Starship Farragut's bridge, almost ready for filming. They did an excellent job!

Starship Farragut Bridge

Another Bridge shot
MarsWeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2011, 08:49 PM   #2
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile
Re: Starship Farragut Bridge - almost ready for action!

Yay!
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22 2011, 10:18 PM   #3
Admiral Buzzkill
The Legend

It's a very cool set, as is the whole sound stage. I went down there a couple of times last year and helped out with painting, hammering and failing at taking simple instructions.

They actually shot their episode "The Price Of Anything" (written by Paul R. Sieber) on these sets last week, BTW. You can find images from their shoot on Facebook and at their website, http://www.starshipfarragut.com.

Here's some footage of their Romulan bridge set under construction:

Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2011, 12:01 AM   #4
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

Wow. Really fantastic stuff.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2011, 12:16 AM   #5
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

Congratulations, Starship Farragut. I always feel like I'm in a dream when I see such well-crafted recreations of TOS sets!
Old October 23 2011, 06:16 AM   #6
chardman
Vice Admiral

View chardman's Twitter Profile

Just out of curiosity, now that Farragut has a bridge set of it's very own, how many TOS era bridge sets are there in private hands? Anyone know?

I know only of Phase II's bridge, and Ajax's soon to be completed restoration of Exeter's bridge set, but I know there are at last a couple of others, like the partial bridge built for "Enterprise's" mirror universe episode that was sold in the big Trek auction at Christie's a couple of years back. Anyone know who owns it now, and what they're doing with it? They planning to use it to make a fan film, or giving it to a museum, or what?
Old October 23 2011, 06:26 AM   #7
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile

In addition to Phase II, Farragut, and Ajax, Star Trek Eagle has a bridge set. http://startrekreviewed.blogspot.com/2009/06/36.html A partial bridge set was used in Star Trek Spoof. http://startrekreviewed.blogspot.com/2009/06/45.html There could be others...
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2011, 09:30 AM   #8
chardman
Vice Admiral

View chardman's Twitter Profile

Not to be a pain, but neither of those look like permanent standing sets, which is what I'm actually looking for.

And rather than clutter this thread with my somewhat off-topic inquiry, I think I'll start up a new thread for it. Please look for it if interested.
Old November 8 2011, 02:33 PM   #9
Admiral Buzzkill
The Legend

I had dinner at John "Captain Carter" Broughton's last evening and had the opportunity to watch about ten minutes of the rough cut of their new episode "The Price Of Anything."

I was blown away by it. The overall production values, lighting, photography, direction, performances, sets, costuming - it goes on and on. The show's absolutely top notch, and as much dedication and care as this group has put into all of its shows this one looks to be a great leap forward on all fronts. John himself has some really emotional material to play in this one and he nails it.

This show is the result of six years, at least, of patient work and investment in all aspects of this series by the folks involved and that really shines through.

Among other things I saw the opening scenes on the Farragut bridge, some scenes in the transporter room and the shuttlecraft...and this just looks and feels more like TOS Trek than anything else to date. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it (John could tell you how many times I made him back up and replay particular shots, though. )
Old November 9 2011, 01:23 AM   #10
MarsWeeps
Commander

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
I had dinner at John "Captain Carter" Broughton's last evening and had the opportunity to watch about ten minutes of the rough cut of their new episode "The Price Of Anything."
I believe I read on his blog that he was stepping down as Captain after this episode. Sad to hear that but it will be interesting to see how it's addressed in the show.

I swear the Farragut's bridge is the best I've ever seen. Watching it being built from scratch and seeing how incredible the detail is, you can't tell the difference between their bridge and Kirk's.
MarsWeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2011, 04:13 PM   #11
JimTheBuilder
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to JimTheBuilder

Farragut's done some nice work, and from my few PMs with John, he seems like a helluva nice guy.

"He's dead Jim. You get his phaser, I'll get his wallet."
JimTheBuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2011, 04:21 PM   #12
Admiral Buzzkill
The Legend

He's about the nicest guy on Earth, really.
Old November 14 2011, 08:32 PM   #13
Lord Garth, FOI
Lieutenant Commander

Awesome!

I have enjoyed all they have done. They and Exeter were really the tops by leaps and bounds in these fan productions
Lord Garth, FOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2011, 09:41 PM   #14
Kail
Commodore

My Name Is Legion wrote: View Post
He's about the nicest guy on Earth, really.
I have to agree. He and Michael Bednar are very down to earth, and very friendly. Can't say enough about how much I admire them both.

I'm very selective about the reality I accept.
Kail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19 2012, 12:58 AM   #15
Admiral Buzzkill
The Legend

I got a chance to watch the trailer for Starship Farragut's upcoming episode, "The Price Of Anything," at the Farpoint convention today. I assume that it will be viewable online sometime in the very near future.

I have to say that it looks outstanding. This is closer to the look and feel of the original Star Trek television series than any fan film I've seen to date; the production values are all first-rate and the performances and action are strong. Really, really good work all around.