RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,677
Members: 24,826
Currently online: 499
Newest member: ragster

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old March 6 2012, 09:54 PM   #76
Bob Greenberger
Writer

Re: Author turnover: Why did they leave, and where are they now?

tomswift2002 wrote: View Post
But, you know it would be nice to see Carmen Carter, Peter David, Robert Greenberger and Michael Jan Friedman team up again to maybe do a Voyager, Enterprise and New Frontier novel together (of course that would be three different books, not all three crews together).
Would you settle for me, Peter, and Mike working together on something non-Trek related? If so, stay tuned for some news in a few months.
Old March 9 2012, 07:01 AM   #77
TenLubak
Commander

Sho wrote: View Post
TenLubak wrote: View Post
(This site always signs me out before I can finsih typing why does it do this. I loose everything!) arg
Did you read my long explanation about why and what you can do about it? It was in the other thread where you complained.
yes and it STILL happens! even in the other browser. Maybe my compter keeps falling off the server when the little green lights go off and thats what does it. Anyway it did help at first, or so i thought!
TenLubak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9 2012, 08:00 AM   #78
Therin of Andor
Admiral

View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile

TenLubak wrote: View Post
yes and it STILL happens! even in the other browser. Maybe my compter keeps falling off the server when the little green lights go off and thats what does it. Anyway it did help at first, or so i thought!
Why not type your replies into Word, Pages, or Wordpad, or even a blank email form, then cut 'n' paste into your TrekBBS post?
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2012, 05:10 PM   #79
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

WarsTrek1993 wrote: View Post
I'd like to see A.C. Crispin write another Star Trek novel! (After the classics Yesterday's Son and Sarek.
Yeah, I don't see that happening. She has a well-deserved grudge against the publisher. It might interest you to know she had begun working on a new trilogy about Zar and Spock, and had completed the first book, when she was effectively dumped by the then-editor of the ST line.

She is one hell of a writer, and it's a shame it happened. I'd love to see her working in the Trek universe again, but it's unlikely. Then again, so was having Margaret come back after the Probe fiasco.
Old March 15 2012, 08:45 AM   #80
Therin of Andor
Admiral

View Therin of Andor's Twitter Profile

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
Yeah, I don't see that happening. She has a well-deserved grudge against the publisher. It might interest you to know she had begun working on a new trilogy about Zar and Spock, and had completed the first book, when she was effectively dumped by the then-editor of the ST line.
But she'd missed her contractual deadline on the trilogy by several years, IIRC, and there was only one third of the story written when it was handed in.

Negative reactions to long delays in multi-part stories ("The Lost Years Saga", "Rihannsu Saga", "Captain's Glory" and "Errand of Fury") probably contributed to the decision to cancel the contract. Was Pocket supposed to sit on the first manuscript for several years while Ms Crispin wrote the next two parts, or release Part 1 and hope that she'd eventually write two more?
Therin of Andor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2012, 01:41 AM   #81
UncleRogi
Commander

I just wonder that with all the research, reading, and writing going on with all our Trek writers, that any of them have time to post here, as well as read these posts....

I think the have forsaken sleep.

Or have their own private Trek Writers Guardian of Deadlines-- "Many such journeys are possible through me"

Thanks for all you do, Humble Authors!

You're not the Devil, and I'm no angel; we are simply two minds in contention. Do what you must, but not with him [Uncle Rogi]--Atoning Unifex to newborn Fury (Julian May)
UncleRogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2012, 02:09 AM   #82
rfmcdpei
Captain

View rfmcdpei's Twitter Profile

What of Olivia Woods? I quite liked her two DS9 novels.
rfmcdpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2012, 05:05 AM   #83
Dantheman
Lieutenant Commander

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Let's just be thankful that Raiders of the Lost Ark didn't feel obliged to explain exactly how Indy and Marion broke up years ago.
The Raiders of the Lost Ark novelization, which had a lot of cool scenes and elaborations not in the film (Belloq meets with Hitler in Bertesgarten to discuss the Ark of the Covenant, it's mentioned Abner Ravenwood died in an avalanche in the Himalayas after going crazy and trying to find the Ark in the snow) but as far as I can recall, the book didn't mention much about how Indy and Marion broke up.
Dantheman is offline   Reply With Quote