Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Doctor Who

Doctor Who "Bigger on the inside..."

Old February 15 2012, 12:52 AM   #61
Kelthaz
Commodore

Re: Holy ....! Doctor Who/Star Trek Crossover coming From IDW!

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
I think Farscape/Doctor Who would work a lot better.
Let's compromise and go with Farscape/Doctor Who/Star Trek

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 08:52 AM   #62
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Kelthaz wrote: View Post
You'd think that sci-fi fans wouldn't limit their imaginations so much. I think this is a fantastic idea and I hope we see more Star Trek crossovers in the future. Farscape would be pretty cool.
I think Farscape/Doctor Who would work a lot better.
I wouldn't be able to buy that fast enough. I would die and go to heaven.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 11:00 AM   #63
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Farscape/Doctor Who would be awesome. I'd like to see the Tenth Doctor with John and the gang!

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 12:48 PM   #64
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Oddly, despite The Third Doctor being my least favorite Doctor, I think he would be the best fit for John and company.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 06:39 PM   #65
JRoss
Captain

I'd be more excited if it didn't have Amy.

Fun times.
JRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15 2012, 06:46 PM   #66
wamdue
Admiral

JRoss wrote: View Post
I'd be more excited if it didn't have Amy.
sorry, but you dont wnat to ass Amy in a Starfleet uniform, lets face it the only disappointment on this front is that its not set in the TOS era. Karen Gillian in a TOS outfit defines a very literal "fankwank"

As for the Cybermen on the Borg, im just not seeing the team up, what will the Cyberman offer the Borg, even if there is nothing left for the Borg to assimilate, they wont struggle to blow them up. Unless you work on the idea that the Borg believe they can learn how to be more robotic from the Cybermen.
Old February 16 2012, 12:13 AM   #67
JRoss
Captain

I know that Cybermen existed first, but the Borg are way cooler and would destroy them in a heartbeat.

Fun times.
JRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2012, 04:01 AM   #68
The Wormhole
Admiral

wamdue wrote: View Post
lets face it the only disappointment on this front is that its not set in the TOS era. Karen Gillian in a TOS outfit defines a very literal "fankwank"
They could always put her in the season 1 "skant" uniform. Hell, they could have both Amy and Rory wearing skants...
Old February 16 2012, 04:33 AM   #69
ATimson
Rear Admiral

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
They could always put her in the season 1 "skant" uniform. Hell, they could have both Amy and Rory wearing skants...
"I'm wearing a skant now. Skants are cool, right?"
"Not on you, Rory."

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2012, 04:48 AM   #70
wamdue
Admiral

wamdue wrote: View Post
lets face it the only disappointment on this front is that its not set in the TOS era. Karen Gillian in a TOS outfit defines a very literal "fankwank"
they could, and it did cross my mind as I typed the post, but only if it involves Amy, and obviously only if its important to the plot
Old February 16 2012, 05:01 AM   #71
Neroon
Mod of balance

ATimson wrote: View Post
"I'm wearing a skant now. Skants are cool, right?"
"Not on you, Rory."

Well played. That deserves some fish sticks and gagh!
- Proverbs 12:20
Neroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2012, 08:20 PM   #72
23skidoo
Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Really, you don't think much of Scream of the Shalka? I think it's an awesome story, and wish there were more Richard E. Grant episodes, Derek Jacobi's Master as his companion was a terrific idea, that I would've liked to see explored further. And, it's got Liz X in it as the Girl he hangs out with in the story
Actually I liked it a lot and I wish they'd gone through with the DVD release. Somewhere on my hard drive I have the vampire short story the BBC published too.

I was just meaning filed in terms of projects that are ignored in terms of being part of the canon. Technically speaking anything that is officially licensed is canon if you take letter of the law, but Dimensions in Time and Shalka and Fatal Death are the only items to be officially or universally "decanonized". Shalka was decanonized when Richard Grant's Ninth Doctor was replaced by Eccleston's Ninth Doctor. But I like Shalka just fine and was quite happy that Jacobi and Sophie O got their chance to do so-called "official" Who later on.

(Someone suggested, in all seriousness, that there should be a knowing meta level to the story, along the lines of the "Visit to a Weird Planet" and "Visit to a Weird Planet Revisited" Star Trek fanfic stories.)
It is a standalone - not connected to either the ongoing DW or Trek titles - so they could do something like that. The "it's a dream" gambit has also crossed my mind.

And there are some who are upset that Star Trek is sullying their beloved Doctor Who.
Probably a good thing RTD's idea never came through! Oh well, it survived the damage by Eastenders...

By the way, Alex, do you have a link to that "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" post? I think I'd really like to read it.
Actually, that's the entire text. It's on the blog at dwin.org - the post consists of the Amy/Rory/Doctor on the Bridge image Bleeding Cool posted and, well... "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Heh.

To be fair, they're a good-humored bunch at DWIN so while the reaction has been generally negative, that particular post likely had a fair serving of tongue in cheek!

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16 2012, 08:42 PM   #73
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

23skidoo wrote: View Post
I was just meaning filed in terms of projects that are ignored in terms of being part of the canon. Technically speaking anything that is officially licensed is canon if you take letter of the law
Here we go again ... A reminder - There is no such thing as "Doctor Who Canon." You're thinking Star Trek, where there is such a thing. DW re-writes its history all the time.
Old February 16 2012, 08:48 PM   #74
Professor Zoom
Vice Admiral

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
23skidoo wrote: View Post
I was just meaning filed in terms of projects that are ignored in terms of being part of the canon. Technically speaking anything that is officially licensed is canon if you take letter of the law
Here we go again ... A reminder - There is no such thing as "Doctor Who Canon." You're thinking Star Trek, where there is such a thing. DW re-writes its history all the time.

QFT.
Old February 16 2012, 09:02 PM   #75
CaptainMatt
Fleet Captain

And yet there was a so-called 'canon-keeper' in the 1980s hired by John Nathan-Turner. He was called Ian Levine. How good he did his job, however, is another matter entirely...LOL
CaptainMatt is offline   Reply With Quote