RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,684
Members: 24,830
Currently online: 369
Newest member: Old Man 51

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 12 2013, 11:49 PM   #736
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

Re: Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

I guess a book that's on a weekly schedule requires an assload of artists to keep up.

BTW I hope Miller gives us a Luthor family reunion. I want to see what Lucas Luthor is up to! Not only that but I want to see Tess get her hands on some Julian Luthor DNA and bring Grant Gabriel back!

I want to see a Luthor family feud the likes of which we've never seen before!

Lionel can stay dead though. He lives on through Lex now.
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12 2013, 11:53 PM   #737
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Lucas's current location is unknown and has been since his appearance in season two. Given the memory problems Lex has been suffering thanks to Tess...I wonder if he even remembers Lucas, especially since Lex had him placed "safely away under his protection". He'd have to remember that in the first place.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13 2013, 12:00 AM   #738
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

That's why I think it would be Lutessa who would organize this little family reunion. I could imagine her rallying Lucas, Julian and even Connor and pitting them against Lex. Not in a Lionel way though... In a naive but spiteful Tess kind of way.
Old July 13 2013, 12:11 AM   #739
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Julian is deceased...so is "Grant" I believe. Unless there are more clones out there. I'm kind of hoping Tess overcomes her spitefulness...this is part of her having trouble adjusting to her new life, I know, but still...now that she's had one experience at being a hero...she needs to let go of her "Luthorness" and enjoy the new "life" that has been granted her. She has no real need for revenge. Hopefully through time...she can see that.

Old July 13 2013, 12:14 AM   #740
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

Dude, you're telling me things I already know, re: Lucas & Julian.

I've little doubt there are tons of Julian Luthor embryos in cold storage just waiting to grow into a thorn in Lex's side.

Tess wouldn't be Tess if she wasn't a at least a little bitter. It just so happens that Tess' mercy generally outweighs her spite. That's what makes her more of a hero than your average Luthor.
Old July 13 2013, 12:19 AM   #741
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I wasn't implying that you didn't know about Lucas and Julian...I guess I'm just disagreeing about the Luthor family reunion, unless Q is somehow able to incorporate it into Lex's regaining memories...I don't see a purpose for it right now. I would love to see Connor though. Now that Clark is a little more mature...it would be interesting to see what Connor has been doing over the last year or so.

Next week though...she's finally here....DIANA!!!

Old July 13 2013, 12:34 AM   #742
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

Honestly I'm being kinda facetious about a full fledged reunion but... I think that it was a mistake for Al and Miles and-later on-Brian and Kelly to forget there was an extra Luthor heir out there. We go through all that drama at the end of the series about Lex and Tess and it's like Lionel had no other kids. I find it hard to believe that Lionel would just write off such a devious seed as Lucas. I mean he basically is the Luthor ideal and he's just forgotten.

Bullshit!

I think Lucas would make a neat speed bump in Lex's arc this season. He's busy trying to figure out his life again and then BOOM there's a baby brother who's more than willing to take his place as Metroplis's magnificent bastard!

Heck even if they skip it this season it might make a nice arc for Season 12.

Last edited by Admiral James Kirk; July 13 2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old July 13 2013, 12:43 AM   #743
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

I think Season 12 would probably be a more appropriate place for such an arc. Lex has too much on his plate as it is right now! Although I suppose I really shouldn't rule out anything...especially given what Q has already given us thus far in the first place!

Old July 13 2013, 08:47 PM   #744
Procutus
Admiral

Haven't started reading 'Hollow' yet, but do either of you guys think that this could be leading up to them cloning Tess' dead body and somehow transferring her mind back into it? I mean what the hell, the Lex wandering around now isn't the original, right? Surely, one of Lex's facilities must've had some of Tess' genetic material stored somewhere.

I'm just sayin'...

Old July 13 2013, 09:56 PM   #745
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

Honestly that never occurred to me! If they could clone Julian and Lex then why shouldn't they be able to clone Tess? Nice call, Pro!
Old July 13 2013, 10:19 PM   #746
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Hmmm. The question would be though would they have any kind of moral issue with that? Lex we know doesn't. Unless of course they brought this option up to Tess and she gave them their approval. Clones aside from Connor...haven't fared too well in the Smallville'Verse to date IIRC. That is a fascinating point Proc brought up though.

Old July 13 2013, 11:20 PM   #747
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

Why would there be a moral issue? Just grow a clone with no memories. Don't even let it become conscious before uploading Tess into it. Just make it a gorgeous, flame haired slab of meat just waiting for it's brain! Sort of a sexy Frankenstein!
Old July 14 2013, 04:43 AM   #748
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Yeah. I guess you're right there wouldn't be any ethical or moral concerns. They would have to find a way to make sure the clone was stable though and didn't destablize or breakdown. They remind me of the Clone Wars clones. The few we've seen. If anyone could figure that out...it'd be Emil.

Old July 14 2013, 06:20 PM   #749
Procutus
Admiral

Admiral James Kirk wrote: View Post
Don't even let it become conscious before uploading Tess into it. Just make it a gorgeous, flame haired slab of meat just waiting for it's brain! Sort of a sexy Frankenstein!

Now that's exactly what I had in mind!

Seriously, why wouldn't Tess want to have her body back? This, to me, seems to be a brilliant way to bring the character back, since the essence that made her what she was is safely preserved.

Thank you both for your support and kind comments. Let's see if Q comes up with the same idea.

Old July 14 2013, 11:26 PM   #750
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

Actually I feel like a schmuckface for not thinking it up myself. Here I was speculating on the possibility of more Julian Luthor clones and I never even think of there being any Lutessa Luthor clones out there.