RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,684
Members: 24,829
Currently online: 385
Newest member: Enabran

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old January 21 2012, 09:58 PM   #1
CaptainMatt
Fleet Captain

Dark Frontier TV-Movie: Thoughts and First-Time Recollections

So I remmeber watching Star Trek Voyager late 1990s and seeing the TV Movie Dark Frontier.
I was not all that suprised that the Borg were brought back as I knew all about Scorpion and 7of9.
What did suprise me is the Queen was included and reintroduced for those fans who had seen the feature, Star Trek-First Contact.
So I am just wondering who else recalls first time seeing this rare event and what their thoughts were then and now. Who thought "SNAP! The Queen! I thought Picard and Data axed her royal ass in the movie!?" or something like that?
CaptainMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2012, 09:10 PM   #2
CaptainMatt
Fleet Captain

Re: Dark Frontier TV-Movie: Thoughts and First-Time Recollections

Come on! Surely out of the 40 who have viewed this topic, there is somebody out here who wants to contribute?
Old January 22 2012, 09:22 PM   #3
Shawnster
Fleet Captain

My initial thought was "groan... not Borg queen again. Didn't they just kill her off? Oh well, I suppose they'd get another queen."
Shawnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2012, 09:22 PM   #4
Sandoval
Fleet Captain

CaptainMatt wrote: View Post
Come on! Surely out of the 40 who have viewed this topic, there is somebody out here who wants to contribute?
You do realise that shouting "Come on!" and making rather pathetic statements like the one quoted gives you the appearance of a petulant child stamping your feet because no one is giving you attention don't you?

In fact I bet seeing that someone has replied to your topic and excitedly clicking on your thread, only to find this post and not a much-anticipated contribution about Dark Frontier will only fuel your little tantrum.

Oh well...
Old January 22 2012, 09:23 PM   #5
CaptainMatt
Fleet Captain

What are you some sort of Mod?
Old January 22 2012, 09:29 PM   #6
Sandoval
Fleet Captain

What are you some sort of Mod?
What are you?

Some sort of ill-tempered child who throw their toys around because people aren't replying to your threads as quickly as you'd like?
Old January 22 2012, 09:29 PM   #7
CaptainMatt
Fleet Captain

Shawnster wrote: View Post
My initial thought was "groan... not Borg queen again. Didn't they just kill her off? Oh well, I suppose they'd get another queen."

See what I had initially thought was there was just the one Queen and once she was dead she was d-e-a-d dead. But apparently not as the film FC's backstory says she was also there at Picard's assimilation and survived the destruction of that cube as well.
Old January 22 2012, 09:37 PM   #8
Sandoval
Fleet Captain

Please don't send me any more private messages, I have no desire to converse with a petulant child in a more private manner.
Old January 22 2012, 10:04 PM   #9
You_Will_Fail
Fleet Captain

Sandoval wrote: View Post
You do realise that shouting "Come on!" and making rather pathetic statements like the one quoted gives you the appearance of a petulant child stamping your feet because no one is giving you attention don't you?

In fact I bet seeing that someone has replied to your topic and excitedly clicking on your thread, only to find this post and not a much-anticipated contribution about Dark Frontier will only fuel your little tantrum.

Oh well...
Jeez what is wrong with you? Stop acting like such a brat
I share your frustration OP, sometimes threads I create gets tons of views but no replies, but I think these forums have a lot of lurkers too. Anyway, I never saw "Dark Frontier" the first time it aired but it is one of my favorite episodes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofz1Zbpkxys
You_Will_Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2012, 10:08 PM   #10
CaptainMatt
Fleet Captain

I dl not know if you mean me when you said "what is wrong with you" or not. And for the record the only reason I sent the pm was to clear the air instead of doing it on the board itself and risk a flame war. I had assumed a Mod would approve of that but this one didn't.
I did not ask for him to be so rude to me. I just wanted to talk about Dark Frontier. Thank you for your time and post.
Old January 22 2012, 10:09 PM   #11
You_Will_Fail
Fleet Captain

I was quoting sandoval, I was addressing him. His reaction was as puzzling as it was unfriendly and rude.

I appreciate a thread on one of my favorite Trek episodes.
Old January 22 2012, 10:20 PM   #12
CaptainMatt
Fleet Captain

Thank you. I appreciate it. So was it the first time you saw the Queen, or had you seen her in FC or one of the other VOYager episodes? I first saw the Queen in FC and was suprised the writers brought her back, no doubt a rathings hook to be sure. But what of her onscreen relationship to 7of9? It borderlined on sexual almost from what I saw.
Old January 22 2012, 10:32 PM   #13
You_Will_Fail
Fleet Captain

No, I'd seen the Queen in "First Contact" and hated the whole notion of a Queen but found it worked much better in "Dark Frontier". Her appearances in "Unimatrix Zero" and "Endgame" are a whole different story however.
And I don't think her interactions with Seven were particularly sexual at all!
Somebody laughed at me in another thread when I said "Dark Frontier" was better than "Best of Both Worlds" but I feel it was a more personal episode and DF told us a lot more about Seven of Nine and Janeway, than BOBW told us about Riker who I find to be a fairly insufferable character anyway. Scenes such as Seven as helping soon to be assimilated people escape from the Borg vessel and all her interaction with the Borg queen was so much more personal and arresting than what we got in First Contact too. The reveal of Seven's assimilated father was a major O.O moment for me. And of course, it had one of the best cold opens in Trek!
Old January 22 2012, 10:35 PM   #14
Sandoval
Fleet Captain

All this animosity for calling someone on their temper tantrum!

The OP should be thanking me for kick-starting their thread, look how popular it is now!

I feel so under-appreciated...
Old January 22 2012, 10:58 PM   #15
Harvey
Admiral

I've never cared for "Dark Frontier." Star Trek: Voyager should have moved on from the Borg after "The Raven." Everytime they encountered them again after "The Gift" it cheapened what Kes did for Voyager ("The Raven" gets a pass because it explicitly shows Seven back-tracking into Borg space).

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote