TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old March 6 2012, 06:46 PM   #1
Lanny77
Lieutenant

Denied starship upgrade

Long story short, yesterday I completed a mission and hit transwarp to Sol before the admiral finished their message. I leveled up to Lt.Commander fine but I'm being denied the option to get my new ship. Logged a customer support message with Cryptic but not sure if it'll be answered.

Is there anyone out there that can help or at least put me in contact with someone who can.

I am Lanny, Hear me muse!
read, fallow, enjoy
Lanny77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2012, 12:38 AM   #2
intrinsical
Commodore

Re: Denied starship upgrade

Have you talked to Admiral Quinn? I was so happy that I had made Rear Admiral that I went straight to the shipyard for my new ship and faced your issue. I then realized I forgot to speak with Admiral Quinn and he fixed everything for me.
Old March 7 2012, 12:52 AM   #3
Timelord Victorious
TARDIS Janitor

intrinsical wrote: View Post
Have you talked to Admiral Quinn? I was so happy that I had made Rear Admiral that I went straight to the shipyard for my new ship and faced your issue. I then realized I forgot to speak with Admiral Quinn and he fixed everything for me.
This
Timelord Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7 2012, 12:57 AM   #4
Lanny77
Lieutenant

Was able to get in touch with someone from cryptic team. Turns out the server glitched for a second and wasn't registering the promotion properly.

Feel free to ignore this thread

I am Lanny, Hear me muse!
read, fallow, enjoy
Lanny77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8 2012, 01:46 PM   #5
Rocketeer
Captain

Lanny77 wrote: View Post
Long story short, yesterday I completed a mission and hit transwarp to Sol before the admiral finished their message. I leveled up to Lt.Commander fine but I'm being denied the option to get my new ship. Logged a customer support message with Cryptic but not sure if it'll be answered.

Is there anyone out there that can help or at least put me in contact with someone who can.
I realize that you said it was a server glitch and has been resolved. However, a lot of new people ask me this question so I'm posting what I do.

Anytime I advance (or get enough points to advance) to a new rank, I go visit Admiral Quinn, go do the promotion ceremony, then go back to Admiral Quinn, who then tells me I have a ship token and respec token. Then I visit the shipyard.

Considering FEDCON 23 in Dusseldorf, 29 May - 1 Jun 2014
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8 2012, 01:55 PM   #6
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

Rocketeer wrote: View Post

I realize that you said it was a server glitch and has been resolved. However, a lot of new people ask me this question so I'm posting what I do.

Anytime I advance (or get enough points to advance) to a new rank, I go visit Admiral Quinn, go do the promotion ceremony, then go back to Admiral Quinn, who then tells me I have a ship token and respec token. Then I visit the shipyard.

what's this promotion ceremony thing?
whenever I advance in rank I just talk to him twice, then he gives me the tokens
Old March 8 2012, 02:16 PM   #7
Trek
Fleet Captain

backstept wrote: View Post
Rocketeer wrote: View Post

what's this promotion ceremony thing?
whenever I advance in rank I just talk to him twice, then he gives me the tokens
There's an optional ceremony you can go to.

http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Atte...mony_(Optional)

Minn Hilo is located in the conference hall which is in the same section as the Bridge officer trainer/medical bay.
Twitter: @Trek88
Trek is offline   Reply With Quote