Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Closed Thread

Old March 21 2010, 11:06 AM   #1
daedalus5

Buddy Keys for Star Trek Online

In order to try and limit some of the spam and new cadets registering simply to get ST:0 buddy keys, I have decided to create this sticky thread.

To limit spam by newbie cadets wanting keys, I would encourage TrekBBS members to only give keys to fellow members who are contributing to the boards.

Any other requests for keys will be merged into this thread, else closed.
Old March 22 2010, 04:31 AM   #2
Dustpreacher76
Cadet

Re: Buddy Keys for Star Trek Online

Sorry didnt mean to offend i guess i just want to try it out...Im a avid tng, enterprise, and voyager fan plus i loved the older movies....some of the tng movies were good too.
The reason i ask for a buddy pass is i would like to try it before i buy it. Ive played many of star trek games and most , not all, most seem to bomb out for the real feel for Star Trek like enviroment. But if you feel that is all for naught than i will not take anymore of your time. Btw great site i love most the threads and discussions. I hope if nothing else i can be a participant of the discussions held here. Thanks for having me.
Old March 23 2010, 10:40 AM   #3
USS Renegade
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via Yahoo to USS Renegade

Well, I'm still looking for one, and I'm not a newbie to the board or a spammer. I just blip out for years at a time. Actually I was here when Voyager was on the air, but since I didn't watch Enterprise I stopped posting a few years after Voyager was over since I didn't have much left to talk about, except the never ending Tuvix debate. And after a few years that account was deleted for inactivity, which brought big frownies to my face. Not because of board rank, but because I had to do another 50 posts before I could put up an avatar. But with the new movie, there was more new stuff to discuss and so back I came again.

In any case, I'm not a new guy who is just on here looking for a key. Maybe a few folks from the Voyager or Trek Lit forums remember me from back in the day. Maybe not. But I do want to try this game. I was wondering why I kept getting the cold shoulder about a trial key when there were threads offering them. Are the spammers that bad on STO? The only MMO I have played recently is CoH, and that was mainly pre-Katrina. And, well, definitely didn't have that problem there. But then, leveling and getting influence wasn't exactly hard there. Buying money was pointless when the high levels gave it away because they had way more than they could ever spend. Way more.
Old March 23 2010, 06:17 PM   #4
daedalus5

^^^^
Spammers aren't major, but there was a thread that essentially became exclusivley populated by folks who had just registered to get a key. I think this sticky thread is a lot fairer.
Old March 26 2010, 01:53 PM   #5
USS Renegade
Lieutenant Commander

I meant the spammers in game, I saw that thread.
Old March 27 2010, 01:53 PM   #6
Freman
Fleet Captain

I wouldn't mind one. I bought the game yesterday, thinking I got 30 days free with my purchase of the game (which is how it SHOULD be) and was utterly dismayed to realize I have to pay for more months in order to get the 30 so called "free" days. My credit cards are all tied up for the next 2 months so I guess I'm out of luck.

Not impressed with ST Online so far, and I haven't even played it yet. lol
Old March 28 2010, 11:11 AM   #7
USS Renegade
Lieutenant Commander

Freman wrote: View Post
I wouldn't mind one. I bought the game yesterday, thinking I got 30 days free with my purchase of the game (which is how it SHOULD be) and was utterly dismayed to realize I have to pay for more months in order to get the 30 so called "free" days. My credit cards are all tied up for the next 2 months so I guess I'm out of luck.

Not impressed with ST Online so far, and I haven't even played it yet. lol
Seriously? Well, that sucks. A lot.
Old April 1 2010, 09:01 AM   #8
STR
Captain

You're not charged anything. They check to see if you have sufficient funds. If you use debit, your bank might place a hold on the funds. It's still your money until they day comes due for the subscription renewal.

It's no different than pre-ordering physical products, or even placing an order through Amazon. If it's credit, they run a check for balance. Debit, a hold is placed. They money isn't exchanged until shipping.

Last edited by STR; April 1 2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old April 10 2010, 04:33 PM   #9
Kain
Lieutenant

The game looks very interesting, but I want to try it before I give the $50 to buy it, since I've heard a lot of good and bad things about it, and I still don't know if I'll like it or not.

So, if anyone would be so kind as to give me a Buddy Key, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Old April 20 2010, 04:33 PM   #10
mackula
Lieutenant Commander

I bought the Collector's Edition which included some pretty cool stuff. Been playing about a month now, and it's been fun. It has been frustrating due to the lack of "official" documentation from the developer and the amount of time you need to invest to find quality info about gameplay.

As a newbie to MMO's it has been difficult, but I'm slowly picking up what I need to do. I have printouts of the Galaxy Map, Starbase maps. It's also helpful that I run Dual monitors so I have STO on one, and a bunch of browser windows open in the other with my "helper" info.

Overall, I'm having a good time captaining my own ship and crew. Especially the space battles.
Old May 1 2010, 11:28 PM   #11
bones_taw
Cadet

We have collected some free 10 day trial keys.
Just post over on the taw.net thread and someone will PM you one.
Old May 3 2010, 12:37 PM   #12
bradders87
Cadet

ST:O Buddy Key =)

Hi there i know im a "cadet" and have this 1 post only but i cannot wait until the 7th for free trials to come out and would very much appreciate a spare buddy key going if anyone has one. Thanks in advance.
Old May 7 2010, 09:04 PM   #13
johnnyrog
Cadet

I actually have several buddy keys that will gain you free access to try the game out. I have been playing for a couple months, and will be glad to help new players. If you are interested in a key email me at johnnyrog@yahoo.com.
Old May 8 2010, 09:03 PM   #14
Bacl
Fleet Captain

I have a few more keys available. If anyone would like a key to try this game out for free, just PM me or send an email to *edited* and I'll be happy to give away the keys.

Last edited by Hoser; August 27 2010 at 08:42 AM. Reason: requested
Old May 10 2010, 04:50 PM   #15
LastLIne
Cadet

Ok I know I'm new but I've got some of these referrals available if anyone wants them, either pm me here or email me at ysjclarke @ yahoo. co. uk (obviously remove spaces) I believe this games truely great and it'd be lovely to see more people come to play it.
Closed Thread