RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,411
Members: 24,630
Currently online: 464
Newest member: DasGeneral

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 22 2012, 05:09 AM   #16
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: What Is Next For Batman?

I don't except a Justice League film to happen in the next ten years. I think DC Ent just doesn't know how to do one and make it successful frankly.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2012, 08:19 AM   #17
Jetfire

Even though Batman is a hot property right now with the films...I think at some point they should stop with individual movies with all DC characters and do a Justice League trilogy...I know that won't sit well with fan-boys but it could be AWESOME!!!
Old January 22 2012, 08:21 AM   #18
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Actually I think most DC film fans want a Justice Legaue film or trilogy. We just want it done right and treated with the same respect and "seriousness" as Nolan has done with his Batman films. I'm not talking about serious in tone, I'm talking about serious as in an approach. Taking care with the film and story and characters. These are the companies iconic characters. They need to be dealt with that way.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.

Last edited by Admiral_Young; January 22 2012 at 08:45 AM.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 22 2012, 08:28 AM   #19
Jetfire

True dat!

Yeah they need to approach it with respect to the characters and tell a compelling story. I'd like to see a LoTR approach and do a Justice League trilogy filmed all together. But with all these individual projects...I don't see it happening...they need to stop...regroup and do a JL trilogy. IMHO. I want this being what is next for Batman, Superman and the rest.
Old January 22 2012, 06:46 PM   #20
JD
Admiral

Yeah, I'd love to see a good live action JL trilogy. Honestly, I really think you would need at least two movies to really be able to do it justice. With so many characters, IMO it would probably take one movie alone to believably introduce their versions of the characters and bring them all together.
I would love a live action Batman, or Bat related series. As for the approach, IMO I think the way they've gone for a little more realistic feel, but still included comic booky stuff like Killer Croc, and Solomon Grundy in the Arkham games would work great for a live action adaptation.