RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,397
Members: 24,627
Currently online: 490
Newest member: space2050

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: What did You Think Of The 2 Hour Premiere?
::::::::[ "Pilot" ]::::: 2 3.17%
Excellent! 11 17.46%
Good 35 55.56%
Average 11 17.46%
Bad 3 4.76%
Horrible! 1 1.59%
:::::[ "Ernest Cobb" ]::::: 2 3.17%
Excellent! 9 14.29%
Good 28 44.44%
Average 13 20.63%
Bad 1 1.59%
Horrible! 1 1.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 25 2012, 10:56 PM   #181
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Re: Alcatraz (FOX) "Pilot" & "Ernest Cobb" *Spoilers!*

Roger Wilco wrote: View Post
Icemizer wrote: View Post
Is there a point to keeping them alive and in a hidden prison?
Good question. Despite killing the bad guy in the last episode (probably showing, that even with questionable goals and allegiances, he has a heart), he was very insistent earlier on catching their targets alive, there must be a reason for that.

Maybe so all the prisoners can be sent back to the 1960's at once without any memory of being in 2012?

Then they'll all age naturally the next time 2012 rolls around for them. Then they won't be much of a threat
Old January 25 2012, 11:00 PM   #182
sojourner
Vice Admiral

I am guessing they will rehabilitate his character. It will turn out that "things are not as they seem" in regards to the people he killed. Otherwise I don't think they would have bothered to cast someone with leading actor looks.
Old January 26 2012, 12:29 AM   #183
Santeria
Lieutenant Commander

Well, I think it's fairly clear that Neill isn't working for the government proper, as that prison is way too nice and fancy for the government to have built it. We also have no idea why the doctor is taking so much blood from blondie's grandfather and the first prisoner, which means the blood is a pretty important component in figuring out what's going on.

I just hope they actually have a plan and aren't making shit up as they go like they usually do. This is the last chance they have to keep me as a viewer. If it winds up like Lost did, I'm just not going to bother with anything they have a hand in ever again. Star Trek included.
Santeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26 2012, 06:08 AM   #184
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

Who is "they?" The creators Elizabeth Sarnoff, Steven Lilien, and Bryan Wynbrandt? Bad Robot? JJ Abrams has admitted all he does is give occasional script input.
Old January 26 2012, 08:28 PM   #185
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

And from the Idiot Fan File:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/26/alcatr...rists-warning/

Some fans of the TV show "Alcatraz" aren't so bright -- because they're infiltrating guided tours on the real-life island to search for a top secret room ... that only exists on the scripted drama!

National Parks Service rep Alexandra Picavet tells TMZ ... tourists are starting to stray from their tours and sneak into "closed areas" on the former federal prison.

Picavet says many of the not-so-super sleuths have confessed they're looking for a high tech control room (below) ... described on the show as a "bat-cave underneath Alcatraz."

Picavet says they've now posted the following sign on the island: "The TV show Alcatraz is fictional, many areas it depicts are not real. Closed areas protect you, historic structures and nesting birds."
Shit...there's a lot of dumb people out there. And many of these morons vote. Scary.
Old January 27 2012, 12:55 AM   #186
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post

Some fans of the TV show "Alcatraz" aren't so bright -- because they're infiltrating guided tours on the real-life island to search for a top secret room ... that only exists on the scripted drama!

National Parks Service rep Alexandra Picavet tells TMZ ... tourists are starting to stray from their tours and sneak into "closed areas" on the former federal prison.

Picavet says many of the not-so-super sleuths have confessed they're looking for a high tech control room (below) ... described on the show as a "bat-cave underneath Alcatraz."

Picavet says they've now posted the following sign on the island: "The TV show Alcatraz is fictional, many areas it depicts are not real. Closed areas protect you, historic structures and nesting birds."
Shit...there's a lot of dumb people out there. And many of these morons vote. Scary.
That's what they want you think. It's a conspiracy I tells ya.
Old January 27 2012, 01:34 AM   #187
24thcenstfan
Commander

That is pretty goofball.

Last edited by 24thcenstfan; January 27 2012 at 01:44 AM.
24thcenstfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2012, 07:20 AM   #188
Jetfire

I haven't been online to do a week to week for Alcatraz...but I guess this thread will serve.
Old January 27 2012, 07:41 AM   #189
Skywalker
Admiral

Eh, there aren't really many shows out there now that really stir up enough discussion to merit full threads for every individual episode. It's not like the old days when Lost, BSG, and the various Stargate shows were all airing.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27 2012, 07:47 AM   #190
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

tomalak301 wrote: View Post

That's what they want you think. It's a conspiracy I tells ya.
It's called plausible deniability. I learned about it on Stargate SG-1.
Old January 30 2012, 10:29 AM   #191
Jetfire

I missed last week's Ep3 "Kit Nelson" Will probably see it later today.

Up tonight; Ep4 "Cal Sweeney"
A bank robber from the past causes mayhem in the present and puts Rebecca in a difficult position.

Promo

Old January 30 2012, 11:11 PM   #192
Procutus
Admiral

^

With guest-star Eric Johnson of Flash Gordon and Smallville.

Old January 31 2012, 07:07 AM   #193
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

I might be starting to lose patience with this show. We're four episodes in and all the interesting stuff is always happening at the end. Yeah I'm all for hints and stuff like that, but are we going to get some time to explore all this stuff or is it going to be Prisoner of the week or next week Gaurd of the week for 55 minutes and then the final 5 being something interesting and insidious that we have no choice but to come back the next week.

I might give this show one more episode, as next week we're getting a Guard returning and that's going to be a little different. I just wish if we're not going to get answers, things get at least more interesting then they have been. I actually thought this was the weakest episode of the series so far, partly because I feel like I've already seen it for the previous 3 episodes.
Old January 31 2012, 07:49 AM   #194
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

They worked the plot this week.

I feel they confirmed it's time travel and not some other mechanism.

A little better than Terra Nova, but not by much.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2012, 07:51 AM   #195
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
They worked the plot this week.

I feel they confirmed it's time travel and not some other mechanism.

A little better than Terra Nova, but not by much.
Wait, how did you get time travel for that again? Maybe I missed something.