RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,651
Members: 24,810
Currently online: 589
Newest member: Damix

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old August 12 2013, 10:13 PM   #991
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Re: Green Arrow (CW)

From greenarrowtv.com

ast week, news broke that Stargate SG-1 actress Teryl Rothery would be guest starring for a multi-episode arc on Arrow… but little was known about who she would be playing.

Here at GreenArrowTV, we’ve got you covered, not only revealing who she will be playing, but also that there’s something very cool about her character: She’s playing a character from the DC Universe who first appeared in the comics over 50 years ago!

Rothery is playing Jean Loring. Fans of DC Comics know Jean as the wife, and then ex-wife of Ray Palmer, a.k.a. the Atom.

JEAN LORING is a savvy attorney from the DC COMICS UNIVERSE who would do anything for her clients. Jean makes her way onto “Arrow” as a longtime friend and legal counsel to Moira Queen, who is on trial for her role in the destruction of The Glades, but soon finds herself pulled into the scandalous lives of the entire Queen family.
Old August 12 2013, 11:13 PM   #992
Sto-Vo-Kory
Commander

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
From greenarrowtv.com

ast week, news broke that Stargate SG-1 actress Teryl Rothery would be guest starring for a multi-episode arc on Arrow… but little was known about who she would be playing.

Here at GreenArrowTV, we’ve got you covered, not only revealing who she will be playing, but also that there’s something very cool about her character: She’s playing a character from the DC Universe who first appeared in the comics over 50 years ago!

Rothery is playing Jean Loring. Fans of DC Comics know Jean as the wife, and then ex-wife of Ray Palmer, a.k.a. the Atom.

JEAN LORING is a savvy attorney from the DC COMICS UNIVERSE who would do anything for her clients. Jean makes her way onto “Arrow” as a longtime friend and legal counsel to Moira Queen, who is on trial for her role in the destruction of The Glades, but soon finds herself pulled into the scandalous lives of the entire Queen family.
What!?! This news is cool in a twisted sort of way. I wonder if she'll be a more silver age Jean Loring or more Jean Loring on the path to Identity Crisis.
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2013, 11:38 PM   #993
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

"Hi, I walk inside people and jump up and down on their brains till they stroke out."

So hot.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 04:42 PM   #994
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

There will be a little Sin in this season of Arrow. The character does nothing for me and I dont see it as being anything but a reason for Canary to have to leave the show while she does her thing training her.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16 2013, 05:17 PM   #995
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
"Hi, I walk inside people and jump up and down on their brains till they stroke out."

So hot.
Jean "tiny dancer" Loring or Little Jeannie.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23 2013, 07:03 AM   #996
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/08/arr...5-snippet.html

Doctor Anthony Ivo coming to Arrow
http://www.eonline.com/news/451292/a...iver-s-new-foe

Arrow has cast its latest villain for season two and it's one of TV's ultimate baddies: Homeland's Navid Negahban, who played the terrifying terrorist Abu Nazir during the Showtime's hit first two seasons, is set to guest star as the villainous Al-Owal, we can exclusively confirm.

Negahban will appear in episode five and is described as a formidable foe. Meticulous, driven, and deadly, Al-Owal, whose name in Arabic means "The First," is after someone very close to Oliver. Oh, and the man knows how to handle a scimitar.

DC Comics fans will surely geek out over Al-Owal's membership in the shadowy League of Assassins, which is headed up by Ra's Al Ghul, one of Batman's greatest foes (played by Liam Neeson in Batman Begins). Guess who else was a member of the League? Merlyn, who planned The Undertaking to destroy the Glades.
Old August 29 2013, 06:19 PM   #997
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/08/arr...d-snippet.html

This episode will see the introduction of recurring character Amanda Waller who is an agent of A.R.G.U.S. who sends out a team to kidnap Diggle.
Old August 29 2013, 08:29 PM   #998
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Amanda Waller sounds great! I'm glad they are tying her to Diggle. Early on I wondered if they should've just made Diggle Bronze Tiger, but I'm glad they didn't do that now.

Looking forward to seeing who they cast. I doubt it'll happen but it would be great if Angela Bassett reprised the role.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29 2013, 11:59 PM   #999
JD
Admiral

I was about the recommend Pam Grier, and it turns out she was Waller in Smallville. I had totally forgotten that until I just saw it on her Wikipedia page.
Old August 30 2013, 12:38 AM   #1000
sojourner
Admiral

If only Nell Carter was still available.
Old August 30 2013, 01:20 AM   #1001
Savage Dragon
TheSeeker

Unless they're going the New 52 route for Amanda Waller.
Savage Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2013, 02:20 AM   #1002
JD
Admiral

CCH Pounder for Pre-New 52 Waller?
Old August 30 2013, 08:22 PM   #1003
DarKush
Rear Admiral

^
Not a bad idea at all!
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2013, 08:31 PM   #1004
Takeru
Fleet Captain

I want Stacey Dash for Amanda Waller, she's the right age and has the required CW looks.
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30 2013, 08:57 PM   #1005
CorporalClegg
Admiral

TheSeeker wrote: View Post
Unless they're going the New 52 route for Amanda Waller.
They probably will.

New 52 sucks.