Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 16 2013, 01:55 AM   #916
SG-17
Commodore

Re: Green Arrow (CW)

Well... I did not see that coming. I think that they will pull a "One Year Later" and have season 2 jump a year ahead.

SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 01:55 AM   #917
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

Hmm now to see where they go next season. We've got wrap up for two characters though I'm wondering if some-one will blame Oliver for one of deaths rather than taking responsibility.

Guess it's a bit of spoiler though when you know actors have been signed to become regulars for the next season.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 03:03 AM   #918
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

Strong ending to the season. Didnt see Tommy going that way at all and am pretty sure Merlyn is not quite dead. Is Tommys end the moment that changes Ollie from killer to hero? I could have done without Felicity crying. Will Ollie assume the head of Queen Industries? We also need a new bad guy for next year. Cant wait.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 03:05 AM   #919
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

I am not convinced Malcolm is dead. Not because of what Oliver told Tommy. He said that because its what he wanted to hear. But because Malcolm's injury was no where as serve as his son's. More than anything he is too damn good a character to kill off.

Time jump is possible. But clearly we are going to see the aftermath of all this. Moria in jail, the effects of the earthquake on the city. This will have long term effects.
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 04:36 AM   #920
Lighthammer
Fleet Captain

I really have to admit, I could see this episode going a few ways and thats what made this episode fun, really.

- I expected Walter to be the guy to piece things together and make the announcement Moira did.

- I really didn't expect them to follow up on the Felicity hacking ties but we see why now.

- I expected Ollie to tell his mom who he was.

- When Ollie saw Laurel last, I was expecting him to tell her who he was finally (too) and expected Laurel would INSIST on confronting Malcolm and Tommy with Ollie in some sort of pseudo Black Canary costume.

- I expected Moira to die by the hands Malcolm Merlyn but I don't know exactly how. After SHE made the announcement, I expected a hitman to kill her.

- When Tommy confronted his dad, I expected him to say "I understand why you're doing this" and join him, at least in some sense.

- I didn't expect Tommy's mom to REALLY (at least to the best of our knowledge) be dead.

- I expected Roy was going to link up with Detective Lance enroute to the machine and somehow protect / help him.

- I NEVER expected Detective Lance to be suspended or pull a "James Gordon" (per Batman Begins). I have to admit, I really did expect him to die when he called his daughter.

- By this point, I expected this episode to turn into a "passing the torch episode" sort of episode where Malcolm, Moira, Quentin and maybe Diggle would die.

- When Diggle and Ollie confronted Malcolm, I expected to see Diggle finally in some sort of hero-esque costume. It does seem more and more like he's taking on the "Arsonal" role.

- I didn't expect Malcolm to have a second device (great twist).

- I expected Felicity to confess her undying love to Ollie when it seemed like the building was going down (and maybe have it get garbled).

- I didn't expect for a second Tommy would save Laurel and seemingly die.

- I didn't expect Fyer to die. That --- erp --- lets talk about that after we know what else happens on the island. They only covered a few months out of 5 years (and I hope thats not all they're covering).

- I expected Roy to do more --- something --- ANYTHING to get noticed by Ollie as a good, decent kid.

This episode was a rollercoaster and I'll have to admit, I have to sit on it see how I feel about it. I enjoyed watching it lots. I might feel a little different after I break down some of the events.

I think its obvious Deahtstroke and Shado work into the plot down the road, but I do muchly finding myself wondering how. Just now it seems like the three kind of have a "League of Light" (contrapositive to the League of Shadows, if that's not obvious) going which doesn't fit several of the character's traditional history.
Old May 16 2013, 04:44 AM   #921
sojourner
Admiral

^I didn't think any of those things were going to happen especially Laurel putting on a costume to help Ollie.

I'm not sure why everyone is convinced half the cast is going to turn into superheroes.
Old May 16 2013, 04:54 AM   #922
SG-17
Commodore

I expected the episode to end with Oliver walking out of the building with Tommy's body and Laurel and Detective Lance seeing that he is the Arrow.

Though that may be how season 2 opens if there isn't a time skip.

SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 05:25 AM   #923
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

I do not get it either. Other than, its a comic book show everyone will have a code name and costume. This show is not Smallvile. Thank God!!!! Roy is the only character I think will take on the role of working with Oliver but that could be a long time from now. Maybe he will never wear a costume. Think John Blake.

No offense Lighthammer but none of your predictions I saw coming. Its not that type of show. I am glad they did not cram too many reveals and shocks into a single episode. The show was renewed and has time for story lines to naturally develop.

I had predicted right in this thread that Tommy could and should be killed. Doing this the writers have solidified by respect for them. Turning Tommy into a villain who replaces his Dad would have been a cliche and completely out of character. There has been tension between him and Oliver but not much beyond that. He thought Oliver was a murderer I could never see him becoming like his Dad.

Tommy fulfilled his purpose on the show. Looking back he was largely there to setup his father. It was a mystery in the Pilot why Oliver friend was called Tommy MERLYN. But he actually was a strong character in his own right. But once Malcolm was revealed as his Dad and the split with Laurel and friction he had with Oliver, his function was complete. Otherwise what would there be to do with him? Jealous ex boyfriend? Angry former best friend, turned super-villain? No thank you. That would have been a soap opera... in other words Smallville. I am very pleased that this series does not feel the need to keep the characters frozen and not changing for years to maintain the status quo.
Old May 16 2013, 06:06 AM   #924
sojourner
Admiral

Maybe Tommy's death will be the impetus for Oliver to stop killing.
Old May 16 2013, 08:26 AM   #925
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Moira isn't dead, thank god.
It was a great finale, I did not see the second device coming, I'm so used to the good guys winning that I did not expect Merlyn's plan to be successful. I'm sad to see Tommy go, at the start of the series I didn't care for him but I did like his and Laurel's relationship and he was a good friend to Oliver (most of the time). Personally I don't care for Oliver/Laurel at all, can't they just be friends and allies instead of lovers?
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 09:40 AM   #926
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Who noticed the episode title?

"Sacrifice".

Is there an echo in here?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 12:31 PM   #927
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

I did not expect the second device either. I am glad part of Malcolm's plot succeeded. It means everything that happened this season will have an effect on the whole run of the show. This whole series has been around the Undertaking. If it had been completely stopped and wrapped up they would have had to completely start fresh. But the characters relationships are so tied to it.
Old May 16 2013, 12:45 PM   #928
Caliburn24
Commodore

From the first half of the season I was pretty sure Tommy was either going to turn evil or get killed. So that wasn't a shock. But it was well done.

I also thought that Det. Lance was probably going to get killed to make room for the new cast members(plus his character really has nothing to do in many episodes). So I enjoyed the misdirection of his conversation with Laural the most of anything in the episode. It'll be nice if he becomes the Jim Gordon to Ollie's Batman, but it'll have the downside of giving Laural even less to do(and shoe-horning her into episodes was already something the writers were struggling with).

Moira was another one on the chopping block, with the Undertaking plot over, her character really has nothing to do except be a normal mother now. Presumably she'll be reduced to a recurring role next season, or maybe just one or two appearances in the whole season.
Caliburn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 01:48 PM   #929
Aeolusdallas
Captain

I so didn't expect the second device. That was brilliant.
I liked Roy's scene at the crashed bus. Loved the Merlyn versus Diggle and Arrow fight. Really the fight choreography on this show is superb
Aeolusdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16 2013, 02:15 PM   #930
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

If Diggle had come into the room shooting instead of talking... Sigh.

How the frakk do these people keep outrunning bullets?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote