Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 12 2012, 01:02 PM   #571
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

Re: Green Arrow (CW)

^ I agree with that.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2012, 03:32 AM   #572
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

Well I enjoyed the mid-season final ep. Did anyone catch the first name Merlyn mentioned while attacking Ollie? It sounded like Hook. The second was Ravage but couldnt make out the first.
Old December 13 2012, 05:05 AM   #573
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Hunt.

The bald guy from the beginning.

Adam Hunt.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2012, 03:14 AM   #574
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Finally caught up with the midseason finale. I liked it well enough, but it didn't knock it out of the park.

I guess the show is going the Raimi Spider-Man route now with Malcolm as the Dark Archer. I thought the reveal was okay, it felt a bit underwhelming. I wish it had been more dramatic. I also wish that the situation with Walter had been more final, to give the show more punch. I like Colin Salmon but I've long thought his days were numbered on the show and was hoping we would get a good end for his character.

Granted, with Walter being held hostage it's more leverage on Moira. But Moira already seemed fearful enough to keep in line anyway. The hostage thing might piss her off enough to finally turn against Malcolm and the organization. Hope the organization gets a name soon. Wishful thinking that it could be the Court of Owls. Though the 100 or 1000, League of Assassins/Shadows works just as well. In fact, making it the League of Shadows would be very cool and tie the show even more to the Nolan films.

I hope we get a little explanation of how Malcolm became this badass archer that can fight Oliver. A flashback or a bit of dialogue would be helpful.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2012, 04:36 AM   #575
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

We saw him fencing earlier, so we already knew that this guy liked old timey weapons.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2012, 01:44 PM   #576
trekkiebaggio
Vice Admiral

View trekkiebaggio's Twitter Profile

Awww Green Arrow found his Christmas spirit

I liked how he actually has a formidable enemy now. One of my criticisms of the show is that so far most of the bad guys have been easily defeated. But now Ollie knows he'll have to up his game.

Man of Yesterday - My blog: movie, books and board game reviews.
trekkiebaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2012, 05:43 PM   #577
ToddKent
Captain

View ToddKent's Twitter Profile

So we can all agree that Tommy is as good as dead, right?

My prediction: Tommy gets caught in the crossfire between Ollie and Merlyn Sr. and dies. Ollie blames Merlyn Sr for the death of his friend. Merlyn Sr blames the Arrow (or Hood or whatever) for the death of his son. The death brings Laurel and Ollie closer but she blames Arrow for her boyfriend's death thereby adding angst and giving Ollie something else to whine about.

Last edited by ToddKent; December 14 2012 at 07:54 PM.
ToddKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2012, 07:35 PM   #578
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

I can easily see Tommy being killed. When the show began he seemed an anomaly. Given his last name being Green Arrow's only strong enemy. But clearly not him at all.

Looking back now this was all carefully planned out. The big theme of the show is of family. How descions of one member of a family affect others.
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2012, 07:39 PM   #579
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Was the evil Archer Tommy's Dad ? I knew it wasn't Tommy, and the dark archer thing reminded me of Merlyn, but I didn't recongnise the guy when he took off the mask at the end, although I was sure that I was supposed to (even though Tommy's Dad has had, what, two scenes in the whole series so far?).
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2012, 08:22 PM   #580
Icemizer
Fleet Captain

My moneys on things happening another way or two.
1. Ollie kills the dark Archer in front of Tommy who finds out its his father and sees Ollie as the Arrow. Vowing revenge he takes up the mantle of the Dark Archer and vows to destroy Ollie & Laurel. I like this one because the young actor is cheaper to keep around than Barrowman.
2. After a long battle between GA & DA where Tommy and Laurel are held captive both Archers are revealed to the captives. After more fighting Ollie is nearly beaten but Tommy takes the kill shot. Ollie then "kills" the Dark archer. Laurel conflicted tells Ollie she never want to see him again. Which gives us our angst for next season.
Old December 14 2012, 08:26 PM   #581
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

kirk55555 wrote: View Post
Was the evil Archer Tommy's Dad ? I knew it wasn't Tommy, and the dark archer thing reminded me of Merlyn, but I didn't recongnise the guy when he took off the mask at the end, although I was sure that I was supposed to (even though Tommy's Dad has had, what, two scenes in the whole series so far?).
You must of missed some episodes. He has been in a lot more episodes than 2. His screen time has been slowly building to longer and more scenes as time has gone on. Tommy and the father had a scene together which confirmed their relationship.
Old December 14 2012, 10:06 PM   #582
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
We saw him fencing earlier, so we already knew that this guy liked old timey weapons.
That was a good start, but it's still not the same as showing him being able to be the kind of fighter and archer that can best Arrow.
Old December 14 2012, 10:08 PM   #583
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Icemizer wrote: View Post
My moneys on things happening another way or two.
1. Ollie kills the dark Archer in front of Tommy who finds out its his father and sees Ollie as the Arrow. Vowing revenge he takes up the mantle of the Dark Archer and vows to destroy Ollie & Laurel. I like this one because the young actor is cheaper to keep around than Barrowman.
2. After a long battle between GA & DA where Tommy and Laurel are held captive both Archers are revealed to the captives. After more fighting Ollie is nearly beaten but Tommy takes the kill shot. Ollie then "kills" the Dark archer. Laurel conflicted tells Ollie she never want to see him again. Which gives us our angst for next season.
I'm thinking it's going to be more like your option #1. Though I don't think Tommy is going to find out that Ollie is the Arrow right off. I think it's going to be more like the Raimi Spider-Man films where you will see Tommy slowly becoming more corrosive about his father's death and vengeful about Arrow's involvement. Of course if it goes that route the show is going to have to show Malcolm treating Tommy with a modicum of respect and concern.
Old December 14 2012, 10:50 PM   #584
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

DarKush wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
That was a good start, but it's still not the same as showing him being able to be the kind of fighter and archer that can best Arrow.
Well we really nothing of Malcolm MERYLN on the show yet. So its not like this contradicts anything! He is based on the comic character whose sole role is to be an equal to Oliver. So I am sure that will be part of his back story on the show.

We now know that Oliver ending up on that specific Island was no accident. It was a prison. Malcolm must of had connections there. Perhaps he was trained by the same man as Oliver Queen was?
Old December 15 2012, 09:42 AM   #585
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Donald Draper wrote: View Post

We now know that Oliver ending up on that specific Island was no accident.
We do? I don't recall anything indicating that someone planned for him to end up there.