RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,377
Posts: 5,504,561
Members: 25,125
Currently online: 591
Newest member: Ted Dave

TrekToday headlines

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 29 2012, 03:51 AM   #496
Agent Richard07
Retired
 
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

DarKush wrote: View Post
Funny, but I liked the actress they got for Huntress. Granted, she's not as beautiful as Helena is usually drawn in the books, but she showed the kind of edge that I would expect from someone playing the character.
I'm the opposite. I think she looks great, but it looked like she couldn't act.

DarKush wrote: View Post
As for chemistry, I don't think Amell has much chemistry with anybody, though he has gotten better with many of the characters/actors in his immediate circle.
That's true. I love the show itself, but the lead lacks charisma.

DarKush wrote: View Post
How is Arrow #1? I was thinking about picking it up.
Don't know. I haven't read it yet. It's well drawn, but the colors are subdued just like on the show.

And to Eduardo... I looked and issue #1 has the first three chapters of the digital series.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2012, 05:16 AM   #497
SG-17
Commodore
 
SG-17's Avatar
 
Location: Pennsylvania
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

I couldn't take the hitman seriously, it was frakking Helo.
SG-17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2012, 05:31 AM   #498
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

sojourner wrote: View Post

Oh! maybe John Barrowman's character is Tommy's dad?
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2012, 04:28 PM   #499
ToddKent
Captain
 
ToddKent's Avatar
 
Location: Dallas, TX
View ToddKent's Twitter Profile
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

I thought the Huntress' father was miscast. It was hard to buy him as an Italian mob boss.
ToddKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2012, 04:31 PM   #500
Icemizer
Fleet Captain
 
Icemizer's Avatar
 
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

Not a bad episode, however we are expected to believe she cant shoot straight but is a superior hand to hand combatant? Sillyness. Also glad to see that she was not a one and done character but will get two shows. Next week with the mask looks better. The couple that kills together stays together.
Icemizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2012, 08:01 PM   #501
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

I really liked the actress who did Huntress, and I thought the episode was great. It was kind of interesting seeing Ollie look at someone so similar to himself. I did not expect the reveal of John Barrowman's character, but now I do wonder if he's going to be The Dark Archer.
__________________
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it is not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance. - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2012, 08:30 PM   #502
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral
 
Enterprise is Great's Avatar
 
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

I'm guessing that Tommy's Dad is the Dark Archer...for now. Eventually Arrow will kill him and Tommy takes over vowing revenge against Arrow.
__________________
JJverse Star Trek...ROCKED on May 17, 2013 and beyond!
Enterprise is Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2012, 08:33 PM   #503
ToddKent
Captain
 
ToddKent's Avatar
 
Location: Dallas, TX
View ToddKent's Twitter Profile
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

I'm guessing the "Dark Archer" is the other guy from the island (the one who helped Ollie)
ToddKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2012, 08:36 PM   #504
Shazam!
Rear Admiral
 
Shazam!'s Avatar
 
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

Agent Richard07;7318807And in other news, I got issue #1 of [I wrote:
Arrow[/I]. DC has started up a monthly title based on the show.
Ah, the good ol' comic book of a TV show based on a comic book.
Shazam! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2012, 08:44 PM   #505
Aeolusdallas
Captain
 
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

ToddKent wrote: View Post
I'm guessing the "Dark Archer" is the other guy from the island (the one who helped Ollie)
Except that the Dark Archer's name is Merlyn. Which means Tommy or his father.
Aeolusdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2012, 09:27 PM   #506
Eduardo
Commander
 
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
I'm guessing that Tommy's Dad is the Dark Archer...for now. Eventually Arrow will kill him and Tommy takes over vowing revenge against Arrow.
So we are going the Spider-Man - Green Goblin route? With the lawyer as Mary Jane, Tommy as Harry.
__________________
You aren’t the online one
Eduardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2012, 02:07 AM   #507
DarKush
Rear Admiral
 
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
DarKush wrote: View Post
Funny, but I liked the actress they got for Huntress. Granted, she's not as beautiful as Helena is usually drawn in the books, but she showed the kind of edge that I would expect from someone playing the character.
I'm the opposite. I think she looks great, but it looked like she couldn't act.

DarKush wrote: View Post
As for chemistry, I don't think Amell has much chemistry with anybody, though he has gotten better with many of the characters/actors in his immediate circle.
That's true. I love the show itself, but the lead lacks charisma.

DarKush wrote: View Post
How is Arrow #1? I was thinking about picking it up.
Don't know. I haven't read it yet. It's well drawn, but the colors are subdued just like on the show.

And to Eduardo... I looked and issue #1 has the first three chapters of the digital series.
Let me clarify, I think the actress is attractive. She's not as voluptuous (sp) as Helena is in the comics, is all I meant. The actress is a bit raw boned.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2012, 06:10 AM   #508
theenglish
Rear Admiral
 
theenglish's Avatar
 
Location: Suriname
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
The Huntress episode has aired.

As usual, the guy has his judgment impared by a pretty girl. If a man had done what Helena did, Ollie would have taken action.
I am still confused. What IS the difference between them?
theenglish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2012, 06:17 AM   #509
theenglish
Rear Admiral
 
theenglish's Avatar
 
Location: Suriname
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

DarKush wrote: View Post
Let me clarify, I think the actress is attractive. She's not as voluptuous (sp) as Helena is in the comics, is all I meant. The actress is a bit raw boned.
Comics need to start drawing more realistic women--I would be fine if Huntress got a visual makeover (haven't read World's Finest yet) to make her look more like this actress.
theenglish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2012, 06:21 AM   #510
Agent Richard07
Retired
 
Re: Green Arrow (CW)

theenglish wrote: View Post
Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
The Huntress episode has aired.

As usual, the guy has his judgment impared by a pretty girl. If a man had done what Helena did, Ollie would have taken action.
I am still confused. What IS the difference between them?
I don't know. They're very much alike.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
arrow, green arrow, the cw

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.