Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 18 2012, 06:43 PM   #346
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Re: Green Arrow (CW)

Other than the guy who's neck he broke who has Arrow killed?

I'm betting that the guy who shot Oliver on the island is Deathstroke. It makes sense since we saw his mask on the island right before Oliver got off it.

Ratings remain good:

tvline.com

The CW’s Arrow stayed on target this Wednesday night, matching its premiere rating of 1.3 and besting NBC’s 8 o’clock comedy block (which averaged a 1.2).
And though the action-drama dipped 15 percent in total audience (to 3.5 million viewers), it actually rose week-to-week in both the Men 18-34 and Men 18-49 demos.
Old October 18 2012, 06:55 PM   #347
kirk55555
Fleet Captain

Well, we don't have anything confirmed, but he shoots those arrow indiscriminately, and into the chest region a bunch of times, so I'm betting he's killed more than one. Still, even if its only one, its still murder. I don't care if it was to "protect his secret", it really wasn't justified, and I do kind of hope he pays for it. Maybe not in the obvious way (geting caught and arrested) but it would be interesting if that kill comes back to haunt him (a family member getting revenge, etc).
kirk55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 07:55 PM   #348
I Am Groot
I Am Groot

It is a bit troublesome that he takes out loads of guards but leaves the actual big bad mostly intact. Granted, most of those henchmen were probably evil too, but some of them could just be Average Joe rentacops trying to put their kids through college when suddenly they took an arrow to the knee, or the shoulder, or whatever other likely to be crippling but morally acceptable in TV-land wounds they receive. If some crazy parkour dude in a hood and too much eye shadow started shooting arrows at me, I'd fire right back at him too.
Old October 18 2012, 08:22 PM   #349
Takeru
Fleet Captain

Can someone explain to me why the bad guy will go to prison? His confession is worthless, even if it's allowed to be used in court, what jury will convict a man who "confessed" while a vigilante was threatening to murder him? He would have confessed to being Mickey Mouse in disguise under that circumstances.
Takeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 08:58 PM   #350
sojourner
Admiral

^It's comicbook justice.

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
You seriously think all the thugs he's shot with those barbed, razor sharp arrows survived? Especially since we haven't had the usual qualifying piece of dialog, "it's amazing he only injured our guys, considering those arrows!"
Old October 18 2012, 09:05 PM   #351
Geoff Peterson
Fleet Admiral

Takeru wrote: View Post
Can someone explain to me why the bad guy will go to prison? His confession is worthless, even if it's allowed to be used in court, what jury will convict a man who "confessed" while a vigilante was threatening to murder him? He would have confessed to being Mickey Mouse in disguise under that circumstances.
When they change the name of the show to Law and Order: Starling City, then I'll start wondering about such things.
Old October 18 2012, 09:36 PM   #352
I Am Groot
I Am Groot

sojourner wrote: View Post
^It's comicbook justice.

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
You seriously think all the thugs he's shot with those barbed, razor sharp arrows survived? Especially since we haven't had the usual qualifying piece of dialog, "it's amazing he only injured our guys, considering those arrows!"
Actually, Detective Lance did use the word "injured" or something similar in regards to his first bloodbath of the episode. I took note of it because I thought they were trying to make him not look as bad.

That being said, with modern response times and antibiotics to prevent infection, I'd imagine the vast majority of arrow wounds would be survivable unless he purposely went for a head or heart shot or nicked an artery. It's not going to tumble or fragment inside your body and tear up your organs and soft tissue like a bullet would, and even most bullet wounds are survivable. I'd imagine unless he specifically went for a killshot or they didn't get rapid medical attention, almost all of the henchmen probably survived.
Old October 18 2012, 10:07 PM   #353
Eduardo
Commander

The main bad guy in the 1st episode mentioned that he put his men in the hospital.

Which makes me wonder, I haven't been shot with an arrow really, but I don't think they are supposed to knock you out like that. Well, they are probably laced with something...

Oh, and during yesterday's episode, one of the thugs fall either to his death or a really nice set of fractures and paralyisis.
Old October 18 2012, 10:10 PM   #354
sojourner
Admiral

^It's that "almost all" that still makes him a killer. They might have helped matters if they'd presented more of the henchmen types writhing in pain to show the audience they were alive instead of most of them just disappearing off camera.

Besides, we've already been presented that Ollie is willing to kill just to protect his secret, nevermind when going after someone he's actually after and their goons.
Old October 18 2012, 10:14 PM   #355
I Am Groot
I Am Groot

Oh, he's definitely a killer. I'm not disputing that. I'm just relaying what was said on the show.
Old October 18 2012, 10:19 PM   #356
Mister Fandango
Fleet Captain

The character in this show is being presented as an avenger, not a superhero. He's more in line with characters like the Punisher or Judge Dredd. He's not Batman despite the similar overall tone. He never made a vow to not kill, nor is his primary motivation to save lives.
Mister Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 11:30 PM   #357
SG-17
Commodore

sojourner wrote: View Post
SG-17 wrote: View Post

Do we know if superpowers exist in this universe? Or is it like the Dark Knight universe where powers don't exist?
No indication so far, but they seem to be keeping to non-powered villains if that's any indication. Doesn't mean powers couldn't be introduced at a later point.

They may name drop a super powered character long before we see one. "Superman doesn't have to put up with this".
I wonder what they would do with Black Canary then?

Also, are they really going to make Speedy (Red Arrow), his sister? That just seems odd.

SG-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 11:33 PM   #358
NrobbieC
Commander

I couldn't care less about any redshirt goons he kills, they're collateral damage. He'll probably wind up going up against the Borg Queen eventually so we'll no doubt get to see if he'll stick to his code when he's aiming at his family.
NrobbieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 11:45 PM   #359
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

he doesn't kill the big bads because he wants their money. Anbd poverty and jail is probably worse for these guys than death. poverty and jail with no thumbs might yet be even worse, but that's just splitting hairs.

And dadcop was screaming at the top of his lungs that Green Arrow is a murderer.

The Archer on the island is the guy in a fight to the death with Deathstroke.

A war is when two armies fight.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 18 2012, 11:51 PM   #360
Dream
Admiral

This show really needs to give GA a nemesis like Lex was for Clark in Smallville.

GA beating up a bunch of goons isn't going to cut it.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote