New Funko Trek Figure
By: T'Bonz on Jul 21

Saldana As A Role Model

San Diego Comic-Con Trek Fan Guide

Cumberbatch As Turing

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Art

Fan Art Post your Trek fan art here, including hobby models and collectibles.

Old March 26 2012, 07:27 AM   #271
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Re: My homebrew kitbashes

I know I keep saying this project is done, but this time I think it really is. One last tinker on my Galaxy, changing the scale and some detailing.

Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2012, 11:51 PM   #272
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

Awesome
Old March 27 2012, 04:59 AM   #273
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Some stats for the NX-2900:

Specifications Commissioned March 11, 2285
Length 391.6m
Width 186.3m
Height 86m (21 decks)
Weight 1,475,600mt
Crew Complement 495 officers and crew
Cruising Speed Wf 11 [Cochrane scale] / 8.6 [Okuda scale]
Maximum Speed Wf 13 [Cochrane scale] / 9.6 [Okuda scale]
Maximum Endurance 10 years w/o refuelling
Weapons
  • 18 Mark 15-A/Type 8 twin-mount phaser banks (14 covering fore/port/starboard arcs on the saucer section, 1 each covering foreward/port/starboard and aft/port/starboard arcs on the secondary hull), 1 bank covering port, 1 bank covering starborard, and 2 Mark-15-A/Type 8 single mount phaser banks (both covering aft arc)
  • 2 Mark 7-B rapid fire photon torpedo tubes forward, 1 tube aft. Each tube can fire up to 3 torpedoes at a time
Transporters
  • 5 6-pad personnel transporters
  • 4 cargo transporters
  • 3 20-pad emergency transporters
Embarked Craft
  • 6 Class L/Type 4 standard shuttles (Glenn, Gagarin, Christopher, Cochrane, Archer, April)
  • 1 Class G-2 aquashuttle (Trieste)
  • 2 Class H-4 long range/cargo shuttles (Atlas, Hercules)

Deck Directory
1 - Bridge, airlock
2 - Ship's Office, Officer's Lounge
3 - dorsal phaser banks
4 - Senior Officer's quarters
5 - Crew quarters, Laboratories, Impulse Engineering 1 and 2 (upper level), auxilliary airlocks
6 - Lounge/messhall (forward), Arboretum (port), Auxilliary Control, Recreation Room (starboard), Briefing room, crew quarters, laboratories, Sickbay, Transporter Rooms 1-4, Main computer core, Impulse Engineering 1 and 2 (lower level), Main gangway airlock (port), Brig
7 - ventral phaser banks, Galley
8 - Cargo bay, Emergency transporter 1 and 2
9 - Sensor maintenance

Secondary Hull
10 - forward torpedo Bay upper level
11 - forward torpedo bay lower level
12 - deuterium storage
13 - Main Engineering (upper level), aft dorsal phaser banks, airlock (port and starboard)
14 - Main Engineering (main level), warp nacelle power transfer conduits, Hangar deck, Main Cargo bay (upper level)
15 - Main engineering (lower level), Main Cargo Bay (lower level), shuttle storage/maintenance, Transporter Room 5, Emergency Transporter 3
16 - auxilliary computer core, material fabrication units, Waste reclamation, aft torpedo bay
17 - workshops, crew quarters, swimming pool
18 - workshops, crew quarters, consumables storage
19 - consumables storage
20 - anti-deuterium storage
21 - ventral phaser banks, warp core ejection hatch
Old March 28 2012, 01:45 AM   #274
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Old March 28 2012, 01:51 AM   #275
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaiser Send a message via Yahoo to Kaiser

Very Cool look'n Command Cruiser there
Old March 30 2012, 08:11 AM   #276
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

During the period between 2313 and 2344, the Cerberus class light frigate was the exemplar of Federation defensive strategy. It was a period of peace in the Alpha Quadrant. The Khitomer Accords were holding. The Romulans seemed content to mind their own business behind the Neutral Zone. It had been ages since there had been any aggression from the "lesser" Threat powers such as the Gorn or Kzinti.

Consequently, Starfleet Plans and Policies structured the balance of active forces to favor routine patrol and "policing" duties. Such assignments called for fast ships that relied more on strong shields than on raw firepower for defense, which was exactly the combination designed into the Cerberus and her sisters. Able to sustain a Warp 7 cruise on the re-calibrated "Okuda scale", they were easily able to move from system to system as needed. Upon arrival, their heavy shielding was more than a match for any known ship type available to either the Minor powers or pirate bands, which allowed the aggressors to be disabled with precision phaser fire or a well placed photon torpedo.

The time of peace came to an abrupt end with the sudden re-emergence of hostilities with the Klingon Empire, with whom the Federation fought a brief but bloody conflict in the late 2340s. Hard on the heels of that conflict came the "brush-fire" wars with the Tzenkethi and Cardassian Union. As a consequence, SP&P refocused the fleet back towards a posture that permitted more aggressive response utilizing heavier weaponry. As a result, the Cerberus class was eventually withdrawn from front-line service and relegated to secondary duties starting in 2351.

Old March 30 2012, 07:24 PM   #277
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Pretty ship
Old March 31 2012, 07:42 AM   #278
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Jonas Salk-class medical vessel

Old March 31 2012, 08:32 AM   #279
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Good Medical ship
Old March 31 2012, 09:52 PM   #280
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Blame DrX (at Sub Odeon) for this revisit...

Old March 31 2012, 10:18 PM   #281
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Looks good
Old March 31 2012, 10:51 PM   #282
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

But which is better? The "supersaucer" Connie derivitive or the Excelsior saucer (as modified)?
Old March 31 2012, 11:25 PM   #283
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

modded Excelsior Saucer
Old April 2 2012, 01:11 AM   #284
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Detail tinkering

Old April 2 2012, 03:02 AM   #285
Kaiser
Rear Admiral

Looks good