Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 7 2012, 06:59 AM   #31
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Once Nolan's trilogy ends..

I'm 50/50 on the issue. The "Young Bruce Wayne" series proposal had a lot of interesting concepts in it but I really don't see it lasting for more than two or three seasons. They milked "Smallville" far longer than it should have been in my opinion (I think we disagree on this too). Besides which I kind of think we got a live action Batman series with Green Arrow in "Smallville" which was basically modified Miles and Gough plans for Bruce Wayne.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2012, 07:04 AM   #32
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I'm 50/50 on the issue. The "Young Bruce Wayne" series proposal had a lot of interesting concepts in it but I really don't see it lasting for more than two or three seasons. They milked "Smallville" far longer than it should have been in my opinion (I think we disagree on this too). Besides which I kind of think we got a live action Batman series with Green Arrow in "Smallville" which was basically modified Miles and Gough plans for Bruce Wayne.
I thought Adam Knight was suppose to be Batman? But, yeah, I know what you mean.

I can see a Young Bruce Wayne series working because they would obviously add the CW formula to it (I don't mean that in a bad way - it's a workable formula). Plus, it would be superhero show without being a superhero show, much like Smallville was in its early days.

I just think doing a full-on Batman show would be incredibly difficult to pull off in terms of making it marketable (though, that is probably not the right term).
Old January 7 2012, 07:12 AM   #33
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Whatever happens after the reboot in a couple of years will be interesting to see and what process Nolan follows as the Executive Producer of the thing. I'm still intrigued by this new animated series they're developing.

Old January 7 2012, 09:50 AM   #34
Harvey
Admiral

I'd rather they just let the property stay dormant for a while, as I'm rather sick of superhero movies after the cycle of the past ten years, but obviously that'll never happen. Hopefully the next take on the character is a radical departure from the Nolan/Goyer version; if they wanted to continue in the same vein why reboot?

Christian Bale as an older Batman in ten or twenty years might be interesting, provided the next movie doesn't kill off the character.

My blog: Star Trek Fact Check.
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2012, 11:53 AM   #35
Lonemagpie
Writer

Stone_Cold_Sisko wrote: View Post
T
I do agree though, I'd like to see a Batman that could field Clayface, the immortal Ra's,

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2012, 01:57 PM   #36
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

A TV show set in Nolan's universe would be the most probable option for a live action show, in my opinion. Why? Because Gotham looks like a normal city: lower budget. Because this version of Batman is immensely popular: high ratings.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2012, 04:19 PM   #37
Agent Richard07
Admiral

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
A TV show set in Nolan's universe would be the most probable option for a live action show, in my opinion. Why? Because Gotham looks like a normal city: lower budget. Because this version of Batman is immensely popular: high ratings.
I'd love to see that, but I don't know how well it would do. A lot of hot movie properties aren't so hot as weekly TV shows.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2012, 05:02 PM   #38
RandyS
Vice Admiral

View RandyS's Twitter Profile

It's time we had a comedy Batman that mercilessly mocks everybody and everything.

No more serious and grimness. Bring on Adam West. Or somebody like him.
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2012, 05:29 PM   #39
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ I've had thoughts about a live-action Batman Beyond series that's a continuation of the 60s show, that also has Adam West as an elderly Bruce Wayne.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2012, 06:00 PM   #40
the G-man
Commodore

Disruptor wrote: View Post
the G-man wrote: View Post
A hyper stylized Robert Rodriquez Batman film that combines elements of "Sin City" with tarantino's Crazy 88 sequence from kill Bill..with a twangy surf rock soundtrack. But no camp.

So, then "camp".
Only if you consider the films I cited--along with Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Desperado, etc.-- as "camp."
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7 2012, 06:04 PM   #41
the G-man
Commodore

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
Whatever happens after the reboot in a couple of years will be interesting to see and what process Nolan follows as the Executive Producer of the thing...

EP could easily be a ceremonial title (for lack of better term).

After all, Burton and Spielberg were producers on, respectively, "Batman Forever" and the "Transformers" series but you don't see much of their vision in either.

I think once we see "Superman: Man of Steel" we'll have an idea how Nolan handles executive producer duties.
Old January 7 2012, 07:50 PM   #42
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

^ It's just called "Man of Steel" btw. No Superman in the front of it and Nolan has been very hands on including re-writing the script himself a couple of times. He also personally hired Snyder and his brother and David Goyer wrote the script. Nolan seems like the type of person where he's very hands on and cares about the jobs he undertakes. I very much doubt that he took on the Executive Producer title for the reboot for ceremonial purposes. If he wasn't interested he would have just walked away after his trilogy was finished.

Old January 7 2012, 08:15 PM   #43
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

There's a big difference between Batman and Superman, though. Superman cannot be portrayed like Nolan's Batman. Superman flies, has super strength, can shoot lasers out of his eyes, etc. He is by nature unreal. I don't really think we can use Man of Steel to gauge how Nolan would handle being only EP on a Batman film.
Old January 7 2012, 08:20 PM   #44
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

Sigh. Yeah we went through this debate in the "Man of Steel" film thread. My point though was that Nolan has been very hands on "Man of Steel". He only stepped back due to "The Dark Knight Rises" going into production earlier this year. Otherwise he's been extremely interactive with "Man of Steel".

Old January 7 2012, 08:55 PM   #45
the G-man
Commodore

the G-man wrote: View Post
I think once we see "Man of Steel" we'll have an idea how Nolan handles executive producer duties.
Emphasis added.

Until then, and ever after that, it is only speculation as to how "hands on" he is or isn't in terms of putting his stamp on the next Batman series.

Last edited by the G-man; January 7 2012 at 09:27 PM.