Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 17 2014, 01:14 AM   #3151
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2013

The promo for Ascension was reportedly put together to give an idea of the concept with footage shot specially for the promo. The mini-series hasn't actually started production yet, so some of the elements, like the ship design, might be different in the finished product.
Old May 17 2014, 10:09 AM   #3152
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

^^ Ah, that's interesting. Slightly disappointing, actually, because I loved that trailer. I was looking at it as a kind of Steampunk, too-- Apollopunk, I guess. Certainly the most unique concept for a Space Opera that I've seen in a long while. In any case, that's one to look forward to.

The Dominion trailer looks like Supernatural with bigger guns. Not very interesting.
Old May 17 2014, 10:30 PM   #3153
Morpheus 02
Commodore

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
NBC has cancelled Believe. No surprise there.
Whoever scheduled this was an idiot. A lot of their potential audience first was watching Walking Dead. When that ended, Resurrection was the next logical choice (with bad guys from robocop & Eureka in against-type roles)... They should've waited till Resurrection was over.

NBC has ordered Constantine to series. All of the DC Comics shows ordered to pilot this season have now been ordered to series. There will be five DC Comics shows on the broadcast networks next season.
Arrow, Flash, Gotham, Constantine and ....?????

[QUOTE=Out Of My Vulcan Mind;9570493]NBC has set Constantine to premiere in the fall at 10pm following Grimm. Emerald City and Heroes Reborn are planned as mid-season shows.

Here are NBC's descriptions of the three shows:

HEROES REBORN

The saga behind the 2006 breakout series “Heroes” will continue as creator Tim Kring returns to the fold and develops new layers to his original superhero concept. This highly anticipated 13-episode miniseries will reconnect with the basic elements of the show’s first season where ordinary people were waking up to the fact that they had extraordinary abilities. This series will be preceded by a new digital series that will introduce audiences to the new characters and storylines that will take the “Heroes” phenomenon to new places.

I am actually looking forward to it...hopefully it will tie-in to the previous show. While several characters (or really their actors) have their own shows going on, I hope they bring back Noah Bennett, to help bridge the series.

Also, I REALLY liked the digital comic series. Looking forward to that returning as well. It'll provide good lead up to the new show.
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2014, 10:39 PM   #3154
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Morpheus 02 wrote: View Post
iZombie?
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2014, 10:44 PM   #3155
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

NBC has cancelled Believe. No surprise there.
Whoever scheduled this was an idiot. A lot of their potential audience first was watching Walking Dead. When that ended, Resurrection was the next logical choice (with bad guys from robocop & Eureka in against-type roles)... They should've waited till Resurrection was over.

NBC has ordered Constantine to series. All of the DC Comics shows ordered to pilot this season have now been ordered to series. There will be five DC Comics shows on the broadcast networks next season.
iZombie

NBC has set Constantine to premiere in the fall at 10pm following Grimm. Emerald City and Heroes Reborn are planned as mid-season shows.

Here are NBC's descriptions of the three shows:

HEROES REBORN

The saga behind the 2006 breakout series “Heroes” will continue as creator Tim Kring returns to the fold and develops new layers to his original superhero concept. This highly anticipated 13-episode miniseries will reconnect with the basic elements of the show’s first season where ordinary people were waking up to the fact that they had extraordinary abilities. This series will be preceded by a new digital series that will introduce audiences to the new characters and storylines that will take the “Heroes” phenomenon to new places.
I am actually looking forward to it...hopefully it will tie-in to the previous show. While several characters (or really their actors) have their own shows going on, I hope they bring back Noah Bennett, to help bridge the series.

Also, I REALLY liked the digital comic series. Looking forward to that returning as well. It'll provide good lead up to the new show.
The only character I would want to see return is Noah Bennett. I was tired of all the rest by the end of the series.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17 2014, 11:27 PM   #3156
JD
Admiral

Trailer for Syfy's Dominion:
Looks pretty cool to me, although I haven't seen the movie.
Old May 18 2014, 10:57 PM   #3157
NJOberheim
Captain

Hey guys, this thread is great. Just wondering, is there anywhere I can find a definitive list of all sci-fi/fantasy tv shows premiering in the fall 2014-2015 tv season?
NJOberheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18 2014, 11:08 PM   #3158
sojourner
Admiral

Go back one page in this thread.
Old May 18 2014, 11:12 PM   #3159
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

NJOberheim wrote: View Post
Hey guys, this thread is great. Just wondering, is there anywhere I can find a definitive list of all sci-fi/fantasy tv shows premiering in the fall 2014-2015 tv season?
I gave the full list of SF/F drama shows that are slated for the 2014-2015 season on the broadcast networks here. In addition, there are two half-hour comedy SF/F shows slated for mid-season 2014-2015, namely Fox's The Last Man on Earth and ABC's Galavant.
Old May 19 2014, 10:59 PM   #3160
NJOberheim
Captain

Thanks guys. Not sure how I missed that.
NJOberheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19 2014, 11:21 PM   #3161
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Glen Mazzara Prepping 'Omen' Follow-Up for Lifetime

Titled Damien, the drama centers on the film's young boy Damien Thorn. Now an adult and haunted by his past, Damien is faced with a series of macabre events and must finally face his true destiny: he is the Antichrist.
Low Winter Sun alumna Athena Karkanis has been cast in Lifetime’s conspiracy thriller The Lottery
Old May 21 2014, 11:54 PM   #3162
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

IDW Entertainment & EOne To Develop Jonathan Maberry’s ‘V-Wars’ As Series

Three-time Emmy nominee Tim Schlattmann (Dexter, Smallville) will write the pilot based on Bram Stoker Award-winning author Jonathan Maberry’s best-selling book. V-Wars debuted as a collection of prose stories that chronicles the first Vampire War, and a second volume is scheduled for release in July. V-Wars is set in a world transformed by a catastrophic environmental event that releases a millennium-old virus that, once triggered, affects individuals differently depending on their DNA. The result is vampires as unique as their cultures and a response from those unaffected humans like never seen before. (The Walking Dead).
Old May 22 2014, 09:43 AM   #3163
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Ah, the Vampire Apocalypse. Well, the part about the different kinds of Vampires sounds interesting, anyway.
Old May 22 2014, 04:45 PM   #3164
Mistral
Vice Admiral

Extant looks interesting-I'm just afraid it will get all complicated, go on an over-long hiatus and drop so far in viewership that it never recovers, only to be canceled when it starts getting really good.

Mistral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23 2014, 05:21 AM   #3165
JD
Admiral

Isn't it just a miniseries? I swear I remember it being referred to as a limited series somewhere when they first started talking about it around the web.