Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

New Trek Puzzles
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Star Trek Online: Delta Rising
By: T'Bonz on Oct 15

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 22 2014, 10:10 AM   #3001
Korob
The Revd's Oldman

View Korob's Twitter Profile
Re: sf/f TV development news - 2013

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
I don't even know how to watch Amazon shows. You'd think they would advertise to me since I'm a member.

Bob The Skutter wrote: View Post
Why not? Netflix does, I'm assuming Amazon probably will, once they get round to making anything worthwhile. Microsoft have made one Halo show that wouldn't be out of place, so I can't imagine their new stuff will be watered down. So I don't see why Playstation would take a different route.
I don't know, I guess I just expected a gaming system to be more geared toward general audiences. I hope you're right. Powers needs to be uncensored.
Go to amazon instant video and anything with a primelogo is free. as for general audiences, games have 18/M rated content and there are parental controls on consoles. No reason they can't do content however they want.
Old March 23 2014, 09:27 AM   #3002
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Thanks, I'll give it a try and see what they've got available.
Old March 25 2014, 10:31 PM   #3003
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

AMC has set a director for the SF/F pilot Galyntine. From Deadline:

Another 2014 AMC pilot, Galyntine, will be directed by David Mackenzie (Starred Up, Perfect Sense). The fantasy-action adventure with hints of sci-fi is set in a postapocalyptic future without technology where a band of survivors is forced to adapt to isolation and the challenges of their new world. Jason Cahill (Halt and Catch Fire) wrote the pilot and is exec producing with The Walking Dead‘s Greg Nicotero. Scott Free’s David Zucker and Ridley Scott also are executive producing through their first-look deal with AMC. Knifeman and Galytine are being eyed for 2015 series pickups.
Old March 26 2014, 02:09 PM   #3004
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

^^ At this rate, between the upcoming Walking Dead spin off and the above proposed pilot, AMC should drop the M and change their name to the Apocalypse Channel.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2014, 09:32 PM   #3005
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

How things stand now for the SF/F shows on the broadcast networks:

Renewed

Arrow (CW)
Grimm (NBC)
The Originals (CW)
Person of Interest (CBS)
Sleepy Hollow (Fox)
Supernatural (CW)
Under the Dome (CBS, summer show)
The Vampire Diaries (CW)

Highly likely to be renewed

Agents of SHIELD (ABC)
Once Upon a Time
(ABC)

Early days but looking good for renewal so far

The 100 (CW)
Resurrection (ABC)

On the bubble

Almost Human (Fox)
Revolution (NBC, leaning to cancellation as the latest episodes have dropped in the ratings)

Likely to be cancelled

Believe (NBC)
Dracula (NBC, slim chance that its low license fee as an international co-production could save it)
The Tomorrow People (CW)

Highly likely to be cancelled

Beauty and the Beast (CW)
Intelligence (CBS)
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (ABC)
Star-Crossed (CW)
Old March 26 2014, 09:57 PM   #3006
dansigal
Commander

I think Tomorrow People is on the bubble as much as Revolution is. Strong numbers for The 100 hurt it, but it's doing better in the Monday time slot than what was previously in the slot. It's got a chance.
dansigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2014, 10:08 PM   #3007
Christopher
Writer

I'd be disappointed to see Star-Crossed go. While its central "Space Romeo and Earth Juliet" conceit is largely stillborn due to a mediocre "Juliet," the aspects of the show that aren't related to the central romance have actually gotten pretty intriguing.

I'm on the fence about The Tomorrow People. I honestly can't decide whether I like it enough that I'd want to see it continue.

As for Grimm, I think it needs to be put out of its misery at this point. This whole season has been mostly a mess, and the lead character has become increasingly unsympathetic. Although if they gave Sgt. Wu, Monroe, and Rosalee a spinoff, I'd watch the heck out of that.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26 2014, 10:47 PM   #3008
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

dansigal wrote: View Post
I think Tomorrow People is on the bubble as much as Revolution is. Strong numbers for The 100 hurt it, but it's doing better in the Monday time slot than what was previously in the slot. It's got a chance.
I think the fact that TTP is a first season show that's already dropped as low as 0.3 in the demo and the pedigree of the SF/F shows ordered to pilot for next season make TTP a likely cancellation. One can make a good case for dropping Revolution to the "likely to be cancelled" category.

Last edited by Out Of My Vulcan Mind; March 27 2014 at 12:23 AM.
Out Of My Vulcan Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27 2014, 12:20 AM   #3009
JD
Admiral

I really hop Tomorrow People, Revolution, Almost Human and Dracula get picked up. I've been a big fan of Revolution since it started, and I think it's been getting better as it's gone on.
Tomorrow People started out OK, but it's started getting really good IMO over the last few episode. This last episode was a big game changer, that was their best episode yet. Almost Human was pretty much in the same boat as TP.
Dracula I thought was good from the beginning. I didn't enjoy quite as much as Revolution, the good episodes of The Tomorrow People, or Almost Human, but I was really curious to see where it was going to go in a second season.
Old March 27 2014, 05:39 AM   #3010
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

AMC’s development slate includes projects from Chris Carter, Michael Perry

Writer and Executive Producer: Chris Carter (“The X Files”); Executive Producer: Gale Anne Hurd (“The Walking Dead,” “The Terminator”)
Based on the NY Times best-seller “Area 51: An Uncensored History of America’s Top Secret Military Base” by Annie Jacobson. A contemporary conspiracy thriller revealing the true story behind the infamous Area 51, America’s most mysterious military installation.
· “The Sparrow”

Writer and Executive Producer: Michael Perry (“The River,” “Paranormal Activity 2”)
Based on Mary Doria Russell’s acclaimed science-fiction epic, “The Sparrow” tells the story of a Jesuit-led mission to make first contact with an alien race.
AMC also announced that the network has optioned three books for scripted drama series development including:

· “Somewhere East of Life”

Author: Brian Aldiss

Set in the near future, this book tells the story of a man as he tries to reclaim his identity after having the last ten years of his memories stolen.

“Silent History”

Serialized, exploratory novel for iPad and iPhone created by: Eli Horowitz, Matthew Derby and Kevin Moffett; Executive Producer: Amy Lippman (“Party of Five,” “Masters of Sex”)

Chronicling a generation of children born without the ability to communicate.
Old March 28 2014, 07:30 AM   #3011
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I only like Supernatural on CW. It sucks because they have a lot of shows but I don't like any of them. I've tried a few times but even Arrow just puts me to sleep.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28 2014, 10:07 AM   #3012
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

AlanHartsell wrote: View Post
The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of wlan jammer kaufen as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.
Geez, man, all I said was use "canicule" in a sentence.
Old March 28 2014, 05:34 PM   #3013
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Syfy has renewed Helix for a second season and ABC has (no surprise) officially cancelled Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.
Old March 28 2014, 11:13 PM   #3014
JD
Admiral

It will be interesting to see if the Area 51 series is actually sci-fi or just a straight drama. The description and title make it sound more realistic.
Old March 30 2014, 07:29 PM   #3015
Zod
Commander

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
Syfy has renewed Helix for a second season and ABC has (no surprise) officially cancelled Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.
Good for Helix

Its been pretty good overall. The ending has me wanting more asap!
Zod is offline   Reply With Quote