Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old July 27 2013, 12:35 AM   #2491
JD
Admiral

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2013

I'm glad to see them looking at some more space shows. Even though I enjoy the fantasy stuff they've been showing lately it's still nice to see them looking at doing more science fiction.
Old July 27 2013, 01:08 AM   #2492
Christopher
Writer

^Well, like I said, I think there's another generation-ship idea out there, and I wondered if I was misremembering that show, but maybe that's not it and there really is another one.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 27 2013, 01:15 AM   #2493
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

AMC is developing a show called Ballistic City, which is described as a cop show set on a generation ship travelling to another star system. That's probably the show you're thinking of, Christopher.
Old July 27 2013, 04:01 AM   #2494
Christopher
Writer

^Yeah, that's the one. Thanks.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 27 2013, 04:32 AM   #2495
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Didn't SyFy already announce Blake's 7 with a full season of 13 episodes? I think it startd with Pilot commision, then changed to full season order? Haven't heard a thing more on that?

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27 2013, 01:05 PM   #2496
Kegg
Rear Admiral

^
A description of the first scene of the pilot (set in Blake's London flat) has been online:
The year is 2136, Blake wakes up on one side of the bed. He reaches for the other side. There’s nobody there. As reality sets in, this handsome ex-soldier sits up, and looks at a photo of his wife Rachel. Beautiful. Deceased.
Otherwise nothing.
Old July 28 2013, 09:46 PM   #2497
publiusr
Commodore

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: View Post
AMC is developing a show called Ballistic City, which is described as a cop show set on a generation ship travelling to another star system. That's probably the show you're thinking of, Christopher.
Take a look at Star Trek Secrets of the Universe On the History2 channel:
[COLOR=#006699]http://www.history.com/shows/star-trek-secrets-of-the-universe/episodes[/COLOR]

It showed a generation ship that looked like the argus array, as well as footage of the Enterprise that looked to be made for that documentary--not just bits from the two JJ movies.
publiusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29 2013, 06:33 PM   #2498
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Incursion, described as Band of Brothers meets Halo, is still in development at Starz, but it's moving slowly as they try to figure out how to tackle such a difficult production within a reasonable budget. Starz's Chris Albrecht said this at the Television Critics Association panel recently:

There’s been a lot of pre-production that’s been done. We’ve realized just how challenging this is just from a production standpoint. The description of ‘Band of Brothers meets Halo’ is really apt and comes with all the necessary command of resources that would need to be applied against it…It is in a slow pause just because we can’t go forward on a pilot that would not be affordable. We need to do a lot more work in the pilot phase.
Old July 30 2013, 09:55 PM   #2499
Out Of My Vulcan Mind
Vice Admiral

Josh Hartnett and Eva Green have been cast in Showtime's Penny Dreadful. From Deadline Hollywood:

Josh Hartnett and Eva Green have been tapped for Showtime’s upcoming eight-episode series Penny Dreadful, created, written and executive produced by John Logan and executive produced by Sam Mendes . The psychosexual horror series features some of literature’s most iconic figures as then become embroiled in Victorian London, and will begin production in London this fall.. Green will play the heroine, the beautiful Vanessa Ives. Hartnett will play handsome “fake cowboy” American Ethan Chandler.
Old July 30 2013, 10:45 PM   #2500
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Huh, Eva Green...I'm in.
Old July 31 2013, 02:35 AM   #2501
JD
Admiral

I like both of them, so that makes me happy.
Old July 31 2013, 09:33 AM   #2502
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

That sounds like it has potential, but I don't get Showtime. I'll have to get the DVDs if it turns out good.
Old August 2 2013, 12:36 AM   #2503
JD
Admiral

^I'm in the same position. I'm really starting to wish I could afford to upgrade to digital cable.
Old August 2 2013, 05:00 AM   #2504
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Time-Travel Drama From David Magee & Michael Green Lands At ABC

Life Of Pi scribe David Magee is venturing into television. The Oscar-nominated feature writer has teamed with Michael Green for a high-concept drama project, which has landed at ABC with significant penalty. Written by Magee with Green supervising, Travelers centers on a man who brings his family to a wake for the father he never knew, only to discover that the doors inside his father’s estate are time portals which trap them in the house and send them on a journey through history.

'Go On's' Todd Holland Developing Sci-Fi Thriller at NBC - The high-concept drama will center on immortal humans living among mankind.

The untitled project is described as an action drama about immortal humans who have existed among us for the past 3,000 years. The drama revolves around Jack, an enforcer/bounty hunter -- and I-M himself.

Last edited by Enterprise is Great; August 2 2013 at 05:49 AM.
Enterprise is Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2 2013, 06:41 AM   #2505
sojourner
Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Time-Travel Drama From David Magee & Michael Green Lands At ABC

Life Of Pi scribe David Magee is venturing into television. The Oscar-nominated feature writer has teamed with Michael Green for a high-concept drama project, which has landed at ABC with significant penalty. Written by Magee with Green supervising, Travelers centers on a man who brings his family to a wake for the father he never knew, only to discover that the doors inside his father’s estate are time portals which trap them in the house and send them on a journey through history.
Ah, the House 2 show. As in the movie House 2, no relation to that Dr. fella from tv.