Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old February 23 2012, 03:01 AM   #1126
tighr
Commodore

Re: Does It Get Better???

WarpCore wrote: View Post
tighr wrote: View Post
Lt. Stadi would have been helpful to the mission had she not gotten herself killed in Caretaker. She was a Betazoid, too.
Stadi would have been helpful to the show, imo. Alicia Coppola was smoking hot in her limited scenes.
I got my Alicia Coppola fix in Jericho. Then they cancelled that show. Idiots.
Old February 23 2012, 03:10 AM   #1127
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I got my Alicia Coppila fix in the Nine Lives of Chloe King. Then they cancelled that show. Idiots.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2012, 04:09 AM   #1128
AdmiralScreed
Captain

Latent Image: I'm so tired, I can hardly type......just wanted to say I enjoyed this episode. Good development for the doctor, good moral dilemma(s), fine acting, I enjoyed the flashbacks too. My only gripe is the way Janeway dismissed the doctor as "just a hologram" at the beginning in her scene with 7 of 9. That was definitely not in her character, and I thought everyone had moved past that issue four seasons ago.
All in all, very good.
7/10
Old February 24 2012, 04:36 AM   #1129
You_Will_Fail
Fleet Captain

I think "Latent Image" is a fantastic episode, one of my all time favorite in Trek. No matter how annoyed I would get with Voyager's flaws, its episodes like "Latent Image" that remind me Voyager was still a really good series for the most part.
The mystery in the beginning, the ethical dilemma of the crew, the ethical dilemma of the doctor, it was fantastic. The concept of the Doctor suddenly becoming unable to function because he saved a friend instead of an acquaintance when they had an equal chance of living is a really wonderful concept - the kind of thing we didn't get in DS9 because it was so story-arc based. That's why I can appreciate Voyager as a sort of counterpoint to what DS9 was doing at the time, they both fulfilled certain needs - the need for big story arcs and drama, and the traditional concept episodes.
Only one thing bothered me and that was the lack of continuity regarding the timeline, since Kes would have been in sickbay, not Tom. A throwaway line explaining her whereabouts would have done it. Oh and its interesting how Seven has completely supplanted Kes in being the champion for the Doctor's rights. Here, Seven tries to convince Janeway that the EMH is more than just a hologram when it was Kes who had done it before in very similar circumstances.
Personally I had no problem with Janeway's reaction to the Doctor. She'd clearly been through the whole thing before and decided that the EMH really is a computer program that is essential to the ship and if it malfunctions, then of course it needs to be repaired.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofz1Zbpkxys
You_Will_Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2012, 09:02 AM   #1130
MacLeod
Admiral

Whilst an interesting episode, I wonder what happened to all those stasis pods Voyager had and why they didn't use one. Though I guess it might have taken longer to prep one than they had but a throwaway line could have said as much.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2012, 02:30 PM   #1131
jpch
Commander

Latent image and nothing Human an amazing brawl with ethic and morals i just love the doctor in those 2 episodes
jpch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2012, 04:49 PM   #1132
AdmiralScreed
Captain

Here are my scores for season 5 so far:
Night 5
Drone 6
Extreme Risk 5
In The Flesh 7
Once Upon a Time 6
Timeless 10
Infinite Regress 5
Nothing Human 8
Thirty Days 8
Counterpoint 9
Latent Image 7

A couple scores, like Drone and Nothing Human, have been slightly adjusted, but for the most part they haven't changed. Now take a look at the other seasons 11 episodes in:

Season 1:
The Caretaker P1/P2 5
Parallax 6
Time and Again 5
Phage 5
The Cloud 4
Eye of the Needle 7
Ex Post Facto 4
Emanations 3
Prime Factors 7
State of Flux 7

Season 2:
The 37’s 5
Initiations 3
Projections 6
Elogium 2
Non Sequitur 6
Twisted 6
Parturition 6
Persistence of Vision 3
Tatoo 2
Cold Fire 7
Maneuvers 7
Resistance 5

Season 3:
Basics P2 10
Flashback 6
The Chute 5
The Swarm 5
False Profits 3
Remember 5
Sacred Ground 3
Future’s End P1 5
Future’s End P2 7
Warlord 5
The Q And The Grey 3

Season 4:
Scorpion P2 7
The Gift 5
Day of Honor 6
Nemesis 4
Revulsion 8
Scientific Method 5
Year of Hell Part One 8
Year of Hell Part Two 9
Random Thoughts 5
Concerning Flight 8
Mortal Coil 6

It's an interesting comparison. The beginning of season 4 was close to as good as the beginning of season 5, but the other three seasons were wildly uneven. A nice sign of improvement.
Old February 24 2012, 04:56 PM   #1133
tighr
Commodore

Not that you'd be immediately interested in doing this, but I wonder if your scores would change the second time around. For example, your season 1 and season 2 scores may turn out differently now that you know and are familiar with the characters. I know that many people who hated Neelix have a different opinion of him the second time around.
Old February 24 2012, 04:59 PM   #1134
DonIago
Rear Admiral

View DonIago's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to DonIago Send a message via AIM to DonIago Send a message via Yahoo to DonIago

Every once in a while I'm tempted to rewatch VOY episodes, and I'm torn between whether I should buy the DVDs knowing the price I'll pay in lesser-quality episodes (this was much less of a concern for me with DS9, the only Trek series I have on DVD), or whether I should try going through my old VHS tapes.
DonIago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2012, 05:14 PM   #1135
AdmiralScreed
Captain

Not that you'd be immediately interested in doing this, but I wonder if your scores would change the second time around. For example, your season 1 and season 2 scores may turn out differently now that you know and are familiar with the characters. I know that many people who hated Neelix have a different opinion of him the second time around.
If Voyager ever comes to blu ray I will gladly buy each season and rewatch the episodes then. Let's hope that TNG-R is a big enough hit to convince CBS to bring the other Trek shows to HD.
Old February 24 2012, 05:15 PM   #1136
AdmiralScreed
Captain

DonIago wrote: View Post
Every once in a while I'm tempted to rewatch VOY episodes, and I'm torn between whether I should buy the DVDs knowing the price I'll pay in lesser-quality episodes (this was much less of a concern for me with DS9, the only Trek series I have on DVD), or whether I should try going through my old VHS tapes.
I would suggest waiting for the blu rays. It could be another 5 years or more until they're released, assuming it happens at all, but if you don't mind waiting a long time I'm sure it will be worth it.
Old February 24 2012, 05:30 PM   #1137
tighr
Commodore

Netflix. Way cheaper and doesn't require investing in physical media.
Old February 24 2012, 05:56 PM   #1138
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Ebay is the place to go for super cheap Voyager DVD sets. Just beware the Asian knock-offs!
King Daniel Into Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24 2012, 06:05 PM   #1139
AdmiralScreed
Captain

Netflix. Way cheaper and doesn't require investing in physical media.
Even better. It's funny I didn't think of that because that's how I've been watching Voyager.

Netflix is highly recommended!
Old February 24 2012, 11:22 PM   #1140
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
Ebay is the place to go for super cheap Voyager DVD sets. Just beware the Asian knock-offs!
What should have been said to Berman when casting Harry Kim?

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote