RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,521
Posts: 5,512,256
Members: 25,138
Currently online: 458
Newest member: Tosty82

TrekToday headlines

Captain Kirk’s Boldest Missions
By: T'Bonz on Dec 25

Trek Paper Clips
By: T'Bonz on Dec 24

Sargent Passes
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

QMx Trek Insignia Badges
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

And The New Director Of Star Trek 3 Is…
By: T'Bonz on Dec 23

TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Star Trek - Original Series

Star Trek - Original Series The one that started it all...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old December 1 2011, 01:22 PM   #1
Mutai Sho-Rin
Moderator
 
Mutai Sho-Rin's Avatar
 
Location: Orange, CA USA
Fun Article From Huffington Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-..._lnk2%7C116758

An interesting journalist's view on lessons from Trek.
__________________
Into the sands of blood comes the Sho-Rin, master of the Mutai. Babylon 5 - TKO
Mutai Sho-Rin is offline  
Old December 1 2011, 01:56 PM   #2
Botany Bay
Commodore
 
Botany Bay's Avatar
 
Location: shores of Australia
Re: Fun Article From Huffington Post

Thanks for sharing Mutai, and welcome aboard to the TOS forum.

The kids will be finding a copy of the Star Trek Book of Opposites under the tree at our place this year.
__________________
"Sometimes I get the feeling the only way we could achieve a STAR TREK segment on budget would be to have 60 minutes of Mr. Spock playing kazoo solo as Captain Kirk holds him in his arms while standing in a telephone booth."
Bob Justman, 1967.
Botany Bay is offline  
Old December 1 2011, 04:29 PM   #3
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral
 
Re: Fun Article From Huffington Post

"When you don't know what to say, pause," is the best one.
Admiral Buzzkill is offline  
Old December 2 2011, 01:45 AM   #4
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady
 
Timewalker's Avatar
 
Location: In many different universes, simultaneously.
Re: Fun Article From Huffington Post

Didn't somebody already post about this article here?
__________________
"Let's give it to Riker. He'll eat anything!"

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline  
Old December 3 2011, 12:41 AM   #5
Mutai Sho-Rin
Moderator
 
Mutai Sho-Rin's Avatar
 
Location: Orange, CA USA
Re: Fun Article From Huffington Post

Timewalker wrote: View Post
Didn't somebody already post about this article here?
Does it matter if you can't find it?
__________________
Into the sands of blood comes the Sho-Rin, master of the Mutai. Babylon 5 - TKO
Mutai Sho-Rin is offline  
Old December 3 2011, 01:00 AM   #6
Timewalker
Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady
 
Timewalker's Avatar
 
Location: In many different universes, simultaneously.
Re: Fun Article From Huffington Post

So sorry; perhaps you could link me to the part of the forum rules where it says that duplicate threads are allowed so I won't make the same mistake of asking a simple question...
__________________
"Let's give it to Riker. He'll eat anything!"

For some great Original Series fanfic, check out the Valjiir Continuum!
Timewalker is offline  
Old December 3 2011, 01:08 AM   #7
Mutai Sho-Rin
Moderator
 
Mutai Sho-Rin's Avatar
 
Location: Orange, CA USA
Re: Fun Article From Huffington Post

Timewalker wrote: View Post
So sorry; perhaps you could link me to the part of the forum rules where it says that duplicate threads are allowed so I won't make the same mistake of asking a simple question...
As I said in my reply to your PM, the Huffpo article had been up less than 6 hours when I posted the link. If you can demonstrate that there is a previous iteration, I'll gladly delete this one. Otherwise, there is no "duplicate thread" to discuss.
__________________
Into the sands of blood comes the Sho-Rin, master of the Mutai. Babylon 5 - TKO
Mutai Sho-Rin is offline  
Old December 3 2011, 01:34 AM   #8
Wingsley
Commodore
 
Wingsley's Avatar
 
Location: Wingsley
Re: Fun Article From Huffington Post

Mutai Sho-Rin wrote: View Post
Timewalker wrote: View Post
So sorry; perhaps you could link me to the part of the forum rules where it says that duplicate threads are allowed so I won't make the same mistake of asking a simple question...
As I said in my reply to your PM, the Huffpo article had been up less than 6 hours when I posted the link. If you can demonstrate that there is a previous iteration, I'll gladly delete this one. Otherwise, there is no "duplicate thread" to discuss.
Not meaning to step on the mod's toes here, but the above assertion is not correct. I was the O.P. of the first thread about the column in question which, I believe appeared on the Huffington Post a few days ago.
__________________
"The way that you wander is the way that you choose. / The day that you tarry is the day that you lose. / Sunshine or thunder, a man will always wonder / Where the fair wind blows ..."
-- Lyrics, Jeremiah Johnson's theme.
Wingsley is offline  
Old December 3 2011, 03:28 AM   #9
Mutai Sho-Rin
Moderator
 
Mutai Sho-Rin's Avatar
 
Location: Orange, CA USA
Re: Fun Article From Huffington Post

Wingsley wrote: View Post
Mutai Sho-Rin wrote: View Post
Timewalker wrote: View Post
So sorry; perhaps you could link me to the part of the forum rules where it says that duplicate threads are allowed so I won't make the same mistake of asking a simple question...
As I said in my reply to your PM, the Huffpo article had been up less than 6 hours when I posted the link. If you can demonstrate that there is a previous iteration, I'll gladly delete this one. Otherwise, there is no "duplicate thread" to discuss.
Not meaning to step on the mod's toes here, but the above assertion is not correct. I was the O.P. of the first thread about the column in question which, I believe appeared on the Huffington Post a few days ago.
Wingsley, no toes stepped on at all and thanks for setting me straight. In fact, I remember your thread now but I never bothered to read the article. I had my "mod goggles" on and was only speed-scanning for any inappropriate posts.

Apologies to Timewalker who was right in his/her assertion. I'll lock this thread now with the link to yours intact.
__________________
Into the sands of blood comes the Sho-Rin, master of the Mutai. Babylon 5 - TKO
Mutai Sho-Rin is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.