RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 147,654
Posts: 5,838,555
Members: 26,163
Currently online: 430
Newest member: Scrapper

TrekToday headlines

Vulcan Ale – The Genesis Effect
By: T'Bonz on Aug 31

Shatner Writing Book About Friendship With Nimoy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 31

Nimoy Documentary ON COPD In Progress
By: T'Bonz on Aug 31

Three New Star Trek Beyond Set Shots
By: T'Bonz on Aug 31

Retro Review: Elogium
By: Michelle Erica Green on Aug 28

Trek Swype Keyboard
By: T'Bonz on Aug 28

Meaney In Talks For McGuinness Role
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Stewart And Son To Act Together
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Quinto: If I Wasn’t An Actor…
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Star Trek Beyond Update
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 24 2011, 04:52 AM   #1
Kelso
Vice Admiral
 
Kelso's Avatar
 
Location: On the destruct button until the last minute!
View Kelso's Twitter Profile
Thieving bastards!

Uggh. Someone walked up to my car and stole my phone and new laptop and my fiance's purse right out of it while we were moving things into our new apartment tonight!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

God, what a pain in the ass. It's a nice complex, too!

I can't even explain how irritated I am right now.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2011, 05:16 AM   #2
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral
 
auntiehill's Avatar
 
Location: the land of compulsive channel surfing
Re: Thieving bastards!

Dude, that SUCKS! Did they smash your window in? Make sure you file a report and get all the fiance's credit cards cancelled (as well as your phone service) ASAP.

People are scum.
__________________
hillsville
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2011, 05:33 AM   #3
Miss Chicken
Little three legged cat with attitude
 
Miss Chicken's Avatar
 
Location: Howrah, Hobart, Tasmania
Re: Thieving bastards!

Sorry to hear about your loss. I would be angry if it happened to me.

One of my friends is upset because her young son (about 9 years old) was in hospital having an operation and someone stole his Gameboy while he was sleeping.
Miss Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2011, 06:21 AM   #4
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral
 
Starbreaker's Avatar
 
Location: Chattanooga, TN
View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile
Re: Thieving bastards!

Turn in your serial # on your laptop to the police if you still have it. Odds are that they're going to right to the pawnshop to get drug money.
__________________
Currently Reading: A Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R.R. Martin
Currently Watching: The World at War
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2011, 06:36 AM   #5
ed629
Rear Admiral
 
Location: ed629
Re: Thieving bastards!

Your phone service provider may be able to find out where your phone is.
ed629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2011, 06:48 AM   #6
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral
 
Mr. Laser Beam's Avatar
 
Location: The visitor's bullpen
View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Thieving bastards!

^ Yep. If it's an iPhone, I think you can use Apple's "Find my iPhone" to locate it, and even wipe its information clean if need be (so the thieves can't get any personal info about you).
__________________
Sweet dreams are made of cheese
Who am I to diss a Brie?
I Cheddar the world and the Feta cheese
Everybody's looking for Stilton
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2011, 08:17 AM   #7
Deckerd
Fleet Arse
 
Deckerd's Avatar
 
Location: the Frozen Wastes
Re: Thieving bastards!

It's bound to be somebody local, so it's definitely worth telling the police if you haven't already. They know where these items are likely to be reset.
__________________
They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance.
Deckerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2011, 04:16 PM   #8
Kirby
Rear Admiral
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Location: Alt: 5280
View Kirby's Twitter Profile
Re: Thieving bastards!

Welcome to the neighborhood.

Notify the police and the facility management then go hunt the bastards down Rambo-style... Or see if your insurance will cover it.
__________________
Give each other $10, put it on Underhill.
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2011, 06:06 PM   #9
Spot's Meow
Vice Admiral
 
Spot's Meow's Avatar
 
Location: California
Re: Thieving bastards!

I'm sorry to hear that. Definitely notify the complex's management.
__________________
Time present and time past
are both perhaps present in time future.
And time future contained in time past.
—T.S. Eliot
Spot's Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2011, 06:52 PM   #10
ares93
Commodore
 
Location: ares93
Re: Thieving bastards!

Bloody hell, cheeky bastards. Risky too, you could've returned anytime and caught him.

Right, have the mobile tracked either via Find my iPhone/Find my Droid or via your provider. Same for your computer if you have working WWAN.

Miss Chicken wrote: View Post
One of my friends is upset because her young son (about 9 years old) was in hospital having an operation and someone stole his Gameboy while he was sleeping.
Some people should just be shot on sight. No questions asked.
__________________
I find it extremely satisfying watching Jehovah's Witnesses through my window. After all, it takes an RFID lock, a titanium enhanced fireproof door and bullet-resistant glass to keep them out of the building.
ares93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2011, 08:46 PM   #11
Holdfast
Fleet Admiral
 
Holdfast's Avatar
 
Location: 17 Cherry Tree Lane
Re: Thieving bastards!

Kelso wrote: View Post
Uggh. Someone walked up to my car and stole my phone and new laptop and my fiance's purse right out of it while we were moving things into our new apartment tonight!
Cheeky gits.

Maybe it's a neighbourhood initiation ritual and you'll get them back tomorrow...

(... don't hold your breath... )

I heard on the local radio that some thieves in my city have been doing something similar recently too. Opportunistic toerags...
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2011, 05:36 AM   #12
Kelso
Vice Admiral
 
Kelso's Avatar
 
Location: On the destruct button until the last minute!
View Kelso's Twitter Profile
Re: Thieving bastards!

well, the purse was discovered this morning in some bushes. The only things missing were her cards, which she had already cancelled.

I had my phone service suspended until I can get a new one and changed all of my internet passwords just in case. I'll be contacting my insurance company after the holiday weekend to see what can be done there.

Thanks for the suggestions, all. I'll definitely look into some of these fancy security precautions for my next phone and laptop. Or perhaps I'll just install a self-destruct in my next laptop that can be remotely activated. Klingon bastards.

auntiehill wrote: View Post
Dude, that SUCKS! Did they smash your window in? Make sure you file a report and get all the fiance's credit cards cancelled (as well as your phone service) ASAP.

People are scum.
Yeah, we did those things immediately.



Miss Chicken wrote: View Post
Sorry to hear about your loss. I would be angry if it happened to me.

One of my friends is upset because her young son (about 9 years old) was in hospital having an operation and someone stole his Gameboy while he was sleeping.
Uggh. People suck.

Kirby wrote: View Post
Welcome to the neighborhood.

Notify the police and the facility management then go hunt the bastards down Rambo-style... Or see if your insurance will cover it.
lol. Yeah, really! I want to leave all of my car doors open and wait in the bushes to see who approaches. My fiance thinks that this is a bad idea.


Holdfast wrote:
Maybe it's a neighbourhood initiation ritual and you'll get them back tomorrow...

(... don't hold your breath... )
LOL! Yeah, I'm sure everything will be returned at the surprise party! My neighbors, what a bunch of rascals!

Thanks, guys.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2011, 07:15 PM   #13
CommanderRaytas
Rear Admiral
 
CommanderRaytas's Avatar
 
Location: Jimmy Whispers and his fancy walkman
Re: Thieving bastards!

Miss Chicken wrote: View Post
Sorry to hear about your loss. I would be angry if it happened to me.

One of my friends is upset because her young son (about 9 years old) was in hospital having an operation and someone stole his Gameboy while he was sleeping.

Okay, this is just downright horrible.
__________________
It was a nice day ... AND THEN EVIL CAME!The Collected Works of Stephen King, condensed version
Jimmy Whispers is building a gravity belt, but old viking dudes hide tube socks in the cellar!
CommanderRaytas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2011, 09:40 PM   #14
Peach Wookiee
Cuddly Mod of Doom
 
Peach Wookiee's Avatar
 
Location: Peach Wookiee
Re: Thieving bastards!

Miss Chicken wrote: View Post
Sorry to hear about your loss. I would be angry if it happened to me.

One of my friends is upset because her young son (about 9 years old) was in hospital having an operation and someone stole his Gameboy while he was sleeping.
That's just sick. Stealing from a kid...
Peach Wookiee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 29 2011, 12:39 AM   #15
ShamelessMcBundy
Fleet Admiral
 
ShamelessMcBundy's Avatar
 
Location: Gazing into Dylan O'Brien's eyes
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ShamelessMcBundy Send a message via Yahoo to ShamelessMcBundy
Re: Thieving bastards!

Kelso wrote: View Post
well, the purse was discovered this morning in some bushes. The only things missing were her cards, which she had already cancelled.

I had my phone service suspended until I can get a new one and changed all of my internet passwords just in case. I'll be contacting my insurance company after the holiday weekend to see what can be done there.

Thanks for the suggestions, all. I'll definitely look into some of these fancy security precautions for my next phone and laptop. Or perhaps I'll just install a self-destruct in my next laptop that can be remotely activated. Klingon bastards.

Oooh, with Majel's voice too!
__________________
"I just don't see you as a Southern belle." -RoJoHen, to me
ShamelessMcBundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.