RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,677
Members: 24,826
Currently online: 506
Newest member: ragster

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Closed Thread

Old November 22 2011, 08:06 PM   #1
ed629
Rear Admiral

In case you've ever wondered who 'that' guy was in the credits.

So you see a lot of names in the credits for Trek, maybe you wondered who they were or what they look like. Or more likely don't care, well for those that have inquisitive minds, here is Andre Bormanis.

Old November 22 2011, 08:09 PM   #2
ShamelessMcBundy
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ShamelessMcBundy Send a message via Yahoo to ShamelessMcBundy
Re: In case you've ever wondered who 'that' guy was in the credits.

Um ... OK? I'm sorry, but is his name supposed to mean anything to me? What has he written?
Old November 22 2011, 08:11 PM   #3
StolenThunder
Poster

He was science advisor in the later series. And wrote a few Enterprise episodes, IIRC. Maybe some Voyager episodes too.
Old November 22 2011, 08:14 PM   #4
ShamelessMcBundy
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ShamelessMcBundy Send a message via Yahoo to ShamelessMcBundy

So can I blame him for Enterprise then?
Old November 22 2011, 08:20 PM   #5
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Being "science advisor" for any of the latter Trek shows must have been an easy job since the writers/producers just discarded whatever you said.

Advisor: "Hey guys, I hear you were talking about mining deuterium? Just so you know, that stuff is all over the interstellar medium. You don't have to 'mine' it from asteroids or something."
Writers: "Dude, shut up! Just take your paycheck and go play with an Erector set or something."
Old November 22 2011, 08:22 PM   #6
ed629
Rear Admiral

I'm watching "The Universe" on NetFlix, this episode deals with fact/fiction from science fiction, he's talking about transporters in the screen grab.
Old November 22 2011, 08:23 PM   #7
Locutus of Bored
A Certain Point of View

I already knew who Andre Bormanis was, but that doesn't make this topic any less pointless. I mean, did people forget that threads are supposed to be about promoting further conversation? Provide some context of what show he was appearing on (Edit: which of course you did as I was typing this up). Provide a premise you'd like to discuss in-depth. What is there here except for people to either recognize or not recognize who he is? We need content!
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Old November 22 2011, 08:28 PM   #8
ed629
Rear Admiral

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
I already knew who Andre Bormanis was, but that doesn't make this topic any less pointless. I mean, did people forget that threads are supposed to be about promoting further conversation? Provide some context of what show he was appearing on (Edit: which of course you did as I was typing this up). Provide a premise you'd like to discuss in-depth. What is there here except for people to either recognize or not recognize who he is? We need content!
Ok, how about "Pics of people you were curious to who they were?" And why?
Old November 22 2011, 08:29 PM   #9
RoJoHen
Awesome

I'm sure I could google the pictures of a lot of people. Doesn't mean I would start a thread about them.
Old November 22 2011, 08:31 PM   #10
ed629
Rear Admiral

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
I'm sure I could google the pictures of a lot of people. Doesn't mean I would start a thread about them.
Yet how much money gaydar could make someone is?
Old November 22 2011, 08:32 PM   #11
ShamelessMcBundy
Fleet Admiral

ed629 wrote: View Post
It's wise not to compare anything to a Jayson thread. It just ... will cause heads to explode.
Old November 22 2011, 08:33 PM   #12
RoJoHen
Awesome

No, but at least it can spark fun conversation.
Old November 22 2011, 08:37 PM   #13
Locutus of Bored
A Certain Point of View

Jayson's not really a good example, since we close a lot of his threads for lacking content too (especially when he starts a bunch in a row). I'll grant that he does get a pass on the funnier and more outlandish ones.

Anyway, I didn't close your thread, since you don't go overboard with spamming threads like Jayson often does, so it's kind of a moot point. Just bear in mind that the idea is to start a ongoing back and forth conversation, so one line and a picture that kind of dead ends right there is a bad choice.
Old November 22 2011, 08:42 PM   #14
ed629
Rear Admiral

Jayson's not really a good example, since we close a lot of his threads for lacking content too (especially when he starts a bunch in a row). I'll grant that he does get a pass on the funnier and more outlandish ones.

Anyway, I didn't close your thread, since you don't go overboard with spamming threads like Jayson often does, so it's kind of a moot point. Just bear in mind that the idea is to start a ongoing back and forth conversation, so one line and a picture that kind of dead ends right there is a bad choice.
Actually it's a pretty interesting episode, so far everything has been from Star Trek, even JJ Abram's Trek. How it may be possible for certain things to come to exist, others not so good. For example, a mini black from red matter, total bunk. Now terrraforming segment.
Old November 22 2011, 08:47 PM   #15
Locutus of Bored
A Certain Point of View

Actually it's a pretty interesting episode, so far everything has been from Star Trek, even JJ Abram's Trek. How it may be possible for certain things to come to exist, others not so good. For example, a mini black from red matter, total bunk. Now terrraforming segment.
I'm not sure what that has to do with anything I said, but okay. Clearly you've moved on to discussing The Universe segment you saw Bormanis on, the content of which would have been the perfect subject to discuss here. However, you didn't mention that in your OP, which is what we were talking about.

Anyway, so please, discuss some of the things in The Universe episode. That would be great.
Closed Thread