The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Gaming

Trek Gaming Program Complete - Enter When Ready.

Old April 27 2013, 08:47 PM   #391
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: Official New Star Trek 2012 Game for the PC, PS3 & X360

Kruezerman wrote: View Post
Hmm, thinking about it, perhaps I am being too easy on this game, but then again, when was the last Trek game we had? Legacy?
My sixteen-year old son and me are having a blast playing co-op. Been playing for about two-and-a-half hours straight and he isn't even a Star Trek fan.

It's flawed but fun.
Old April 27 2013, 09:01 PM   #392
Kruezerman
Fleet Captain

BillJ wrote: View Post
Kruezerman wrote: View Post
Hmm, thinking about it, perhaps I am being too easy on this game, but then again, when was the last Trek game we had? Legacy?
My sixteen-year old son and me are having a blast playing co-op. Been playing for about two-and-a-half hours straight and he isn't even a Star Trek fan.

It's flawed but fun.
Maybe we're crazy.
Old April 27 2013, 09:24 PM   #393
NightJim
Commander

View NightJim's Twitter Profile

Ronald Held wrote: View Post
I may be confused. For single player mode do you need to be online?
Steam activation means you have to be online when you install it, after that you don't have to worry.

I really hoped this was going to be decent, at least as okay 3rd person shooter with Trek wallpaper. Digital Extremes were making all the right noises, and they even got a full development cycle instead of the usual rushed one for a movie tie-in. I wonder how it all went wrong.
NightJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 09:30 PM   #394
ManaByte
Lieutenant Commander

View ManaByte's Twitter Profile

NightJim wrote: View Post
Ronald Held wrote: View Post
I may be confused. For single player mode do you need to be online?
Steam activation means you have to be online when you install it, after that you don't have to worry.

I really hoped this was going to be decent, at least as okay 3rd person shooter with Trek wallpaper. Digital Extremes were making all the right noises, and they even got a full development cycle instead of the usual rushed one for a movie tie-in. I wonder how it all went wrong.
The producer who got caught posting on the Steam forums deleted his LinkedIn profile, but Google still has it cached...

This was the first game he's ever worked on.
ManaByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27 2013, 10:47 PM   #395
Kruezerman
Fleet Captain

Paramount's going to be pissed.
Old April 27 2013, 11:07 PM   #396
General_Phoenix
Commander

Send a message via ICQ to General_Phoenix Send a message via AIM to General_Phoenix Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to General_Phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to General_Phoenix

Beat the game as Kirk, then promptly went back to playing Terraria with friends. Might play through again as Spock, but then again I may not. I really liked the Enterprise levels, liked looking out the windows and seeing the nacelles, or looking out of windows and seeing parts of the saucer section etc. would have been nice if once you beat the game they let you free roam the Enterprise, even if it was just select areas like the shuttle bay, sick bay, crew quarters, engineering, transporter room etc.

Might go back and try to get all the communication logs and such, but they don't seem to be as much fun to get as say..the Riddler trophies were. Weapons were okay, I primarily stuck with the Federation weapons. Buddy I was playing co-op with kept calling the Tricorder mode detective mode, and kept calling the Gorn the Covenant . Although I actually liked the re-imagined Gorn.
Old April 27 2013, 11:29 PM   #397
ATimson
Rear Admiral

King Daniel wrote: View Post
I just saw a video on Youtube with the game's versions of the communications vats and the area where Scotty went through the pipes. They've tried to make it look more spaceshippy (different light fixtures etc), but the proportions look wrong. I guess they couldn't get beer factory blueprints and had to guesstimate the sizes of everything.
Now that I've gotten to that part of the game, Engineering looks pretty - certainly more "starshippy" than what we saw in the movie, as you said. But we also saw little enough in the movie where it could still work in a Treknical sense. But the Engineering seen in in the game just doesn't seem functional to me.

* Overhead hatches to space were open (not just during the ejection sequence).

* The Enterprise has gone from 8 (?) warp cores to 3. That probably couldn't eject at all because they'd hit the center brace, IIRC. (I wanted to poke around more, after clearing out the enemies, but the game insisted on funneling me to the next level. )

* The warp cores apparently routinely detach themselves from what appears to be the main plasma conduit, outside of ejecting.

* After a certain point the plasma conduit just stops; the plasma shoots out in an open vacuum past that point, for some reason. (It looks a lot like the interior of a TNG warp nacelle to me.)

Whining? Maybe. But it still bugged me.

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2013, 03:36 AM   #398
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

I though it was a funny game, but then again I do like me some Kirk and Spock adventure stories.

Did anyone else notice that the majority of the Starfleet officers infected by the Gorn venom were redshirts.
Hartzilla2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28 2013, 03:43 AM   #399
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

General_Phoenix wrote: View Post
Weapons were okay, I primarily stuck with the Federation weapons.
Me too I especially like the phaser rifle III since its a one shot sniper rifle. Remind me how much fun the widow was in Mass Effect 2.

and kept calling the Gorn the Covenant.
To be fair there is a little similarity between the Blue Gorn that seem to be commanding the Gorn grunts and the Elites from Halo

Also does anyone know how you access the per-order items in game?
Old April 28 2013, 05:17 AM   #400
ATimson
Rear Admiral

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
In the Options (though it has to be from the main menu, not in-game).

"...don't mistake a few fans bitching on the Internet for any kind of trend." - Keith R.A. DeCandido
Old April 28 2013, 02:52 PM   #401
bullethead
Fleet Captain

I was really surprised to see at least two different commercials for this game during Toonami this morning.
Old April 28 2013, 03:06 PM   #402
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

ATimson wrote: View Post
Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
In the Options (though it has to be from the main menu, not in-game).
Okay thanks.
Old April 28 2013, 04:25 PM   #403
General_Phoenix
Commander

Send a message via ICQ to General_Phoenix Send a message via AIM to General_Phoenix Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to General_Phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to General_Phoenix

I think I would have preferred the game to be first person, somehow I think the game might be a bit more immersive that way. Plus I prefer to do my shooting in a first person view anyway, would have been nice to have the option, especially near the end where you have to use that crossbow style weapon. Only thing the 3rd person view would be good for (IMO) is the platform type jumping.
Old April 28 2013, 08:20 PM   #404
ATimson
Rear Admiral

mattman8907 wrote: View Post
regarding continuity both the countdown comic and this game ends with them heading to Nibiru yet the are both considered canon so is it possible that one happened before the other?

Old April 28 2013, 08:49 PM   #405
acappellasaurus
Fleet Captain

@ATimson - regarding your last sentence in your spoiler code, from your lips to the Great Bird's ears.
acappellasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote