RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,378
Posts: 5,357,075
Members: 24,628
Currently online: 548
Newest member: suryaprabu02

TrekToday headlines

The Gene Roddenberry Project Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Moore: No Deep Space Nine Regrets
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Pegg Star Wars Rumor
By: T'Bonz on Jul 30

Borg Cube Fridge
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Free Enterprise Kickstarter
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Siddig To Join Game Of Thrones
By: T'Bonz on Jul 29

Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 11 2011, 09:30 PM   #1
Vulagr
Commander
 
Location: Nothern Ca
A Question About Girls

So let's say two girls are arguing over a guy, and things come to a head and they say he has to choose one or the other.

Would it be wrong for the guy to ask:

"Why can't you two share?"

Edit:

I actually do mean this as a serious question.
Vulagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2011, 09:39 PM   #2
captcalhoun
Admiral
 
Location: everywhere
Re: A Question About Girls

uh, yes?
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2011, 09:45 PM   #3
BillJ
Admiral
 
BillJ's Avatar
 
Location: Covington, Ky.
View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: A Question About Girls

Vulagr wrote: View Post
So let's say two girls are arguing over a guy, and things come to a head and they say he has to choose one or the other.

Would it be wrong for the guy to ask:

"Why can't you two share?"

Edit:

I actually do mean this as a serious question.
Depends on if he's willing to share them with other dudes...
__________________
"I had no idea you were so... formidable. " - Anan 7 to James T. Kirk, A Taste of Armageddon
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2011, 09:52 PM   #4
Balrog
Commodore
 
Balrog's Avatar
 
Location: Balrog
Re: A Question About Girls

It depends how much the guy values having his genitals continue being attached to his body.

Edit:

I actually do mean this as a serious answer!
__________________
Anybody got some peppermint?
Balrog was Lloyd Dobler
Balrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2011, 09:56 PM   #5
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy
 
Robert Maxwell's Avatar
 
Location: A broken roof
View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: A Question About Girls

Was he two-timing them? By that I mean he was dating them at the same time, but without them knowing about each other. If so, that makes him a sleaze.

If they're just fighting over who actually gets to date him, well, why not just arrange to share him? I mean, if he's really that awesome, surely they can work something out so they both get time with him.
__________________
It's all false love and affection
The Journeyman - Buy it now! Maybe?
My world simulation project!
My blog
Robert Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2011, 10:04 PM   #6
scotpens
Vice Admiral
 
scotpens's Avatar
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: A Question About Girls

Wasn't this a song from Cabaret?

__________________
“All the universe or nothingness. Which shall it be, Passworthy? Which shall it be?”
scotpens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2011, 10:13 PM   #7
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: A Question About Girls

I think in such a situation would be a good argument for carrying around smoke bombs in order to facilitate easy, quick and hidden get aways.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2011, 10:18 PM   #8
Shatinator
Commander
 
Shatinator's Avatar
 
Location: Virginia
Re: A Question About Girls

Vulagr wrote: View Post
So let's say two girls are arguing over a guy, and things come to a head and they say he has to choose one or the other.

Would it be wrong for the guy to ask:

"Why can't you two share?"

Edit:

I actually do mean this as a serious question.


Before you ask this question, imagine for a moment if the gender ratio was reversed. Would you like to share your best girl with your best bud. Think that things would work out amicably all the round?

The
S H A T I N A T O R
Shatinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2011, 10:39 PM   #9
scotpens
Vice Admiral
 
scotpens's Avatar
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Re: A Question About Girls

Shatinator wrote: View Post
Before you ask this question, imagine for a moment if the gender ratio was reversed. Would you like to share your best girl with your best bud. Think that things would work out amicably all round?
Jefferson Airplane covered that one, IIRC . . .
__________________
“All the universe or nothingness. Which shall it be, Passworthy? Which shall it be?”
scotpens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2011, 10:44 PM   #10
J. Allen
Easily Influenced By Friends
 
J. Allen's Avatar
 
Location: United States
Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen
Re: A Question About Girls

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Was he two-timing them? By that I mean he was dating them at the same time, but without them knowing about each other. If so, that makes him a sleaze.

If they're just fighting over who actually gets to date him, well, why not just arrange to share him? I mean, if he's really that awesome, surely they can work something out so they both get time with him.
I agree with all of this.
__________________
:: :: ::
Visit Brony Kingdom! Don't ask why, just do it.
:: :: ::
-=- I still wish upon stars -=-
J. Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2011, 10:54 PM   #11
Data Holmes
Admiral
 
Data Holmes's Avatar
 
Location: In Exile
Re: A Question About Girls

I'm reminded of Kirk's answer... "You can ask"

This is the type of question that has no right answer to.
__________________
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing something right. - Anonymous.
Data Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2011, 12:08 AM   #12
auntiehill
Fleet Admiral
 
auntiehill's Avatar
 
Location: melting
Re: A Question About Girls

Yes, it would be wrong, as he would be assuming that neither woman had the dignity or self-respect to not settle for a man who wouldn't "choose" them unless it involved him being able to have sex and/or a relationship with someone else at the same time.

And I'm assuming these aren't "girls" but grown women, because otherwise the "guy" in question would be a pedophile.
__________________
"If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out."
--Tim Minchin
auntiehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2011, 12:19 AM   #13
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion
 
RJDiogenes's Avatar
 
Location: RJDiogenes of Boston
Re: A Question About Girls

Many people date regularly, but not exclusively. There's nothing wrong with that at all.
__________________
Please stop by my Gallery and YouTube Page for a visit. And read Trunkards!
RJDiogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2011, 01:48 AM   #14
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: A Question About Girls

auntiehill wrote: View Post
Yes, it would be wrong, as he would be assuming that neither woman had the dignity or self-respect to not settle for a man who wouldn't "choose" them unless it involved him being able to have sex and/or a relationship with someone else at the same time.

And I'm assuming these aren't "girls" but grown women, because otherwise the "guy" in question would be a pedophile.
People often say "girls" when talking about women.

Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2011, 01:50 AM   #15
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!
 
Holdfast's Avatar
 
Location: 17 Cherry Tree Lane
Re: A Question About Girls

Vulagr wrote: View Post
I actually do mean this as a serious question.
Sure...

Data Holmes wrote: View Post
I'm reminded of Kirk's answer... "You can ask"

This is the type of question that has no right answer to.
I think I know what Kirk's answer to it would be, though.

Scratch that; Kirk would be asking it!
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.