Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old August 8 2011, 01:20 AM   #1
issreliant
Lieutenant Commander

View issreliant's Twitter Profile
Season 5 and beyond ideas, what would you have done?

Other than the Romulan war, what ideas would have liked to see happen in a 5th season?

I remember hearing that atleast one of the writers wanted Shran to join the Enterprise crew. my thoughts on that is it would have been awesome! also i would have loved to see the romulan war, but after that a return of the exploration mission from seasons 1 and 2. any ideas or storylines that you think would have work well?
Old August 8 2011, 01:27 AM   #2
ChristopherPike
Rear Admiral

Re: Season 5 and beyond ideas, what would you have done?

William Shatner appears in a story to mark the 40th Anniversary of Star Trek. He plays the Chef and his chemistry alongside Bakula, together with the soaring ratings during sweeps, is often quoted as instrumental in saving Enterprise from cancellation.

Another comedy episode is set on Denobula, with a member of Phlox's family played by Dan Aykroyd. One of Feezal's husbands turned out to be a well-kept surprise guest star too.

Face-to-face encounters between humans and Romulan forces, at first mistaking Remans for that race. Until a few are taken captive. Starfleet learn more about them, where they come from, but not their masters obviously. It is hoped later on, a sympathetic few among them and their telepathy powers can used as a conduit for diplomacy. That and help from a potential future coalition race, Archer makes first contact with this year - the Betazoids.

A Lord Haw-Haw figure taunting the Enterprise crew over subspace radio. Giving coded messages about where the Romulans plan to strike next. Probably the former Vulcan Minister V'Las having now gone insane.

Silik revealed to be alive and well, after the timeline was reset in "Storm Front". He's on the run from the Tandarans and desperately trying to get back in touch with Future Guy. He eventually finds that he has now begun providing aid to the Romulan Star Empire, after both Tandar Prime and several Suliban refugee worlds were subjugated.

A controversial episode in which a transporter accident lands Archer back in New York on the eve of 9/11. This further traumatises him, as his collegues continually trying to retrieve him, so he intermittently phases back and forth from the pad to a week from Earth's past, and unintentionally developing a relationship with a married woman who's husband is a fireman destined to die that day. The transporter is taken out of service across the whole fleet as the result of a part common to all units. All of them deemed unsafe for the episodes which follow. Until a future episode dealing with the aftermath of Enterprise's war activities - another Family/Home drama situation with the crew convalescing and Archer pouring his heart to Emory Erikson, assigned there to follow-up on the fault.

That possible storyline involving T'Pol's father having been an undercover Romulan agent on Vulcan.

Shran comes close to capturing a Romulan, after Starfleet suffer high casualties boarding "surrendering" ships. But finding out all Centurions features are obscured by helmets and they come equipped with a genetically encoded suicide device, which reduces them to a powdery dust at will. Possibly a religious or ceremonial act in worship of their Praetor.

Eventually evidence which points to Vulcans and Romulans having a shared heritage comes close to falling into the hands of Terra Prime. Section 31 take drastic action to prevent anti-Vulcan sentiment on the eve of the Federation founding. Showing how far Starfleet unofficially went to ensure the alliance remained strong. Paxton returns and his death almost elevates him into a martyr figure.

Another two-part dealing with fall-out from the Klingon situation. Michael Dorn playing his second Worf ancestor, this one with no ridges. A rift developing along infected/non infected bloodlines. An Imperial House rises to power, deposes the Chancellor and installs an Emperor. Internal fighting will keep the Empire focused inward for decades, allowing the Federation to blossom.

Admiral Valdore, the main Romulan character recast to be a leaner, less heavy, more angular actor. An episode told entirely from their perspective on the war. At this point in the history of the race, the Praetor is treated as divine being. Although some doubt that and will eventually rebel against the religious dogma surrounding what was basically a cult when it left Vulcan. This builds pressure for the war to end from within, so it's not entirely Starfleet's or the Coalition's victory. In fact, even together they are greatly overmatched and not expected to win.

Last edited by ChristopherPike; August 8 2011 at 03:13 AM.
ChristopherPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2011, 01:44 AM   #3
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

Definitely more TOS fanwank.
Old August 8 2011, 02:46 AM   #4
RAMA
Vice Admiral

These season 5 episodes may actually have made it if season 5 had happened:

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Undevel...eason_episodes
Old August 8 2011, 03:32 AM   #5
Skywalker
Admiral

Since Coto and his crew were into doing TOS prequels, I would have liked a prequel to "Wolf in the Fold." In that ep, it's said that Redjac also murdered several people on Alpha Eridani II in 2156--which would have been during late Season 5 or early Season 6 in ENT.
Skywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2011, 04:53 AM   #6
brian577
Captain

How about some TNG prequels? Archer has something to do with hiding the Tox Uthat from "Captain's Holiday" on Risa and Berlinghoff Rasmussen or at the very least the guy he stole the timeship from makes an appearance.
brian577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2011, 05:03 AM   #7
Skywalker
Admiral

brian577 wrote: View Post
How about some TNG prequels? Archer has something to do with hiding the Tox Uthat from "Captain's Holiday" on Risa and Berlinghoff Rasmussen or at the very least the guy he stole the timeship from makes an appearance.
That is brilliant, man. If I ever stop being such a slacker and actually write some of this 2160s-era fanfic I've been brainstorming since forever, would it be okay with you if I used this idea? I would, of course, give credit where credit is due.
Skywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2011, 05:08 AM   #8
brian577
Captain

Skywalker wrote: View Post
brian577 wrote: View Post
That is brilliant, man. If I ever stop being such a slacker and actually write some of this 2160s-era fanfic I've been brainstorming since forever, would it be okay with you if I used this idea? I would, of course, give credit where credit is due.
Sure, I've just been watching TNG on Netflix and every time the 22nd century comes up I think about how it could be incorporated into Enterprise.
Old August 8 2011, 12:13 PM   #9
ChristopherPike
Rear Admiral

An swiftly done NX-01 refit, making the hero ship stand out among those other NX ships.

More screentime for these Bird of Prey/Warbirds, whatever the prevailing name for them is. Maybe it's a lost in translation issue. The Romulans call them Warbirds and Starfleet nickname them Birds of Prey.

Some reason for this to happen.

A Starfleet vessel out there with its crew uniform bearing the Phoenix patch.

Back to wearing this blue leather-look away team jacket, seen in "Broken Bow" and "Oasis".

Another episode set in the Mirror Universe.

This guy explained or revealed.

Now-a-days, there would have to be an episode set in the alt. future.

My finale would basically fullfil Archer's destiny cooked up for that production graphic (but ultimately unseen) during "In a Mirror, Darkly".

An eldery Admiral Archer taking about the past, from a 23rd Century vantage point. Either attending the christening ceremony for the U.S.S. Enterprise in the Prime, or a laying the keel ceremony in the Abramsverse - the first piece of the vessel being put in place.

Change in title font, like that used in the ads for the 2005/06 Syndicated run (which turned out to Season 4, Broken Bow, Carbon Creek and Regeneration).

Revamped opening title sequence:
http://youtu.be/6PWMk94lmlE

Last edited by ChristopherPike; August 8 2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: ginormous image changed to thumbnail
ChristopherPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2011, 12:18 PM   #10
ChristopherPike
Rear Admiral

An article from SFX about some of the ideas Manny Coto wanted to get into, including the TCW one, with the Chef being drafted as a "Churchill's double" for Kirk.
Old August 8 2011, 04:11 PM   #11
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile

That refit is truly awful. Why destroy the original lines of the ship for a bolt-on secondary hull that really makes no sense?

Last edited by HopefulRomantic; August 8 2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: ginormous image changed to link
BillJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2011, 07:46 PM   #12
brian577
Captain

BillJ wrote: View Post
That refit is truly awful. Why destroy the original lines of the ship for a bolt-on secondary hull that really makes no sense?

A larger warp drive with a higher top speed? Perhaps to make it more combat capable for the Romulan War?
Old August 8 2011, 09:43 PM   #13
cyph
Captain

View cyph's Twitter Profile

I would've liked to see more of how the Federation evolves, like the initial conflicts, sharing of different technologies, etc. I can't imagine the Enterprise retiring without having installed shields and a tractor beam.

Maybe something having to do with the Caretaker from Voyager would be nice... like, maybe there was a wormhole where people got abducted, and Enterprise was sent to investigate, possibly close the wormhole.

Sometimes I make pictures
cyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8 2011, 10:40 PM   #14
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

RAMA wrote: View Post
These season 5 episodes may actually have made it if season 5 had happened:

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Undevel...eason_episodes
What they actually had planned sounded like a lot of fun - particularly the Borg Queen origin story with Alice Krige as a Starfleet medic! I can so see it ending with a Revenge of the Sith-style surgery sequence after her body is severely damaged by Archer during the Enterprise's escape.

I'd also have loved to see the Enterprise fly to the rescue of the real ECS Kobayashi Maru (but totally different to the version in the awful Enterprise novel)
Old August 9 2011, 12:08 AM   #15
G2309
Captain

View G2309's Twitter Profile

ChristopherPike wrote: View Post

An article from SFX about some of the ideas Manny Coto wanted to get into, including the TCW one, with the Chef being drafted as a "Churchill's double" for Kirk.
They thought thered be another film despote nemesis being the last of tng? Or would it just be a couple od characters.

http://wondersandparodies.blogspot.c...y-scripts.html
G2309 is offline   Reply With Quote