Star Trek Seekers Cover Art
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 1 2012, 03:20 AM   #181
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: Grimm (NBC) Season 1 Discussion *Spoilers!*

Ok. Just checking.

Cow vermin sounds like a bad translation of what a Middle Eastern despot would call the peons rebelling against his deranged rule. Wondering about your day job now...
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2012, 03:43 AM   #182
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

I'm pretty sure his dayjob is being William Burroughs
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 1 2012, 06:08 AM   #183
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

A junkie rent boy who grew up to be a junkie spending all his loose change on rentboys?

I wish I was that awesome.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 2 2012, 07:42 AM   #184
Jetfire

New ep TONIGHT! 03-02-2012

S1 EP13 "Three Coins in a Fuchsbau"
A failed robbery leads Nick and Hank to powerful rare coins. Meanwhile, an old friend (Titus Welliver) of Aunt Marie arrives to tell Nick about his parents' deaths.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Grimm_episodes

Grimm 01x13 Three Coins in a Fuchsbau - Promo

w00t! LOST guy.
Old March 2 2012, 08:32 PM   #185
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Finally some backstory revealed. I hope this means we get more on the mythology in upcoming episodes. That's been sorely lacking on the show so far.
Old March 3 2012, 10:05 AM   #186
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Whoa...Hitler was a freakin' Wessen?!? WTF?!?!?!?!?!? The cursed coins enhanced his evil or whatever. Huh? Lame. Worse than Space Nazis.
Old March 3 2012, 06:36 PM   #187
Jetfire

^ I thought that was funny. Seriously what is the point of Juliette? I think Bitsie Tulloch is a cutie but her character is a nothing. Ugh.

Grimm was up 13% to a 1.7 adults 18-49 rating, vs. a 1.5 rating last week. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...bs-tie/122853/
Old March 3 2012, 08:43 PM   #188
Worf2DS9
Writer

I'm on the fence about the merit of the Hitler bit at the end, but otherwise I thought it was a really good episode.
+ Full Throttle Space Tales #3: Space Grunts - "Rush"
Worf2DS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 01:45 AM   #189
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

I was wondering how his vision works, that he can see Wessen on Film.

Old March 4 2012, 12:22 PM   #190
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

It's been 11 hours since I posted the above comment.

My brain just ticked over a new idea.

11 hours per idea.

Is that bad?

Never mind.

In this Fictional reality, by these rules... What the writers of this TV show may not have realized that they said in this episode that you saw and you may not have noticed is...

I don't think that Jews in this fictional reality are human beings.

Think about it.

A human Hitler randomly picks a scapegoat in the Jews because Christianity tells him to, sure. That makes sense. Before 1945 it the duty of every good Christian to make every Jewish life at the very least "Difficult".

But with a Wessen Hitler?

Unless Zyklon B is some sort of Wessen seasoning, it's ridiculous to think that Wessen Hitler would make that many humans unusable as a "whatever" source, since Wessen live off Humans and pieces of Human... Unless the counter propaganda department was lying about the properties of Zyklon B and that Zyklon B was really 11 secret herbs and spices that was coming out of those showers?

(Yes. Colonel Sanders was a Wessen too.)

It's probable that the Jews were a particular sort of Wessen who Wessen Hitler had had a Wessen beef with for decades, even though Wessen do eat and kill Wessen, some of the arguments I just made against the extermination of humans may apply to Wessen too... So just because the Jews weren't human, that isn't a horrible thing, it just illuminates why they might have been singled out in this fictional universe by Wessen Hitler.

But continuing with these thoughts, that whole Master Race thing makes a lot more sense if it was Wessen Goebbels who was writing press for Wessen Hitler... After all the Wessen are Supermen so it's all hyper unrealistic delusions of grandeur for them to say so. Just rude.

I feel really dirty.

Oh dear.

Gods Chosen People?

If this is true, not only is the Old testament all about the this group of Wessen being enslaved and their escape... the plot kind'a drags into the new testament that Jesus was a Wessen and all his super powers were just Wessen abilities he couldn't be bothered hiding.

That means that Pharo was Wessen?

(Or was he? Pharo didn't believe in god, gods power or Moses ability to function those powers. he got screwed over by those plagues because he didn't believe that the Wessen Jews were anything more than Human beings... but it certainly explains the Pyramids as well as Stargate if the rulers of Ancient Egypt were all as strong as Spider-Man.)

Probably the Romans too.

Anyone ever powerful enough to successfully oppress the Jews were Wessen, because if a human, even a group of humans tried it, they'd be eaten in short order by the Wessen Jews.

Last edited by Guy Gardener; March 4 2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old March 4 2012, 07:46 PM   #191
propita
Rear Admiral

I just hope these coins don’t muddle the mythology that was being developed. I wanted to learn more about the police captain, how he could get the Wessen priest to kill the deathmatch guy, and who it is he answers to.

I love how the Wessen react to Nick upon realizing he’s a Grimm who’s not all hung ho about killing them just for being Wessen. Provided they’re causing no harm, that is.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4 2012, 08:46 PM   #192
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

11 hours per idea.

Is that bad?
"Wessen Jews"? Maybe you should try having ideas every 11 years. Noooooobody would ever touch that in a TV show. The Hitler-werewolf (or whatever he was) was going a bit over the bounds into bad taste as it is.

But this was a good episode, overall. Finally, we're getting somewhere with the mythology...
Old March 5 2012, 12:27 AM   #193
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Maybe I'm wessenist, but most of them kind of look the same to me.

Google (feat wikipedia) tells me that Hitler was one of the of those baby eaters.

Old March 5 2012, 04:56 AM   #194
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Ryan Murphy needs to hire you for next season of American Horror Story.

Just remember: no vampires, and no frakkin' werewolves!
Old March 5 2012, 05:35 AM   #195
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Well past their used by date.

But I was thinking "the other way round" about why Wessen Hitler might want to exterminate the Jews is possible, if the Jews weren't Wessen Jews?

Imagine if %95 of all Grimm had almost always been Jewish?

Even if that mean that posibly only 2 percent of "all" Jews were Grim Jews, that still makes destroying all the Jews to whack off %95 or the Grim and latent Grim and Grim potential bloodlines/DNA, "doable". Especially compared to the extraordinary century long task of methodically testing every human, or even every Jew to see if they're Grimm or not, because by the time these testees Grimm powers kick in, it's usually a bad idea to turn up with anything less than an army when asking if they are dangerous?

So getting Grimm if they''re babies or frail is a marvellous idea.

Ergo, the truth points to itself.

Collateral damage be damned, the unfortunate death of 6 million Jews is a fair turnabout for the incidental execution 120,000 Grimm.

(The Wessen probably got the idea from Shylock and his pound of flesh but not a drop of blood conundrum. Good one Bill.)

That means that Jesus was probably a Grimm.

Remember how Herod ordered the execution of all the babies in his kingdom to stop the birth of Jesus?

If you send out a hundred Wessen to kill 10 thousand babies before the invention of plumbing or infrastructure like garbage collection (Actually the Romans had invented plumbing. SHUT UP!) maybe they'll bury the first few dozen, but just to avoid mess and plague, they could have no choice but to start eating babies just to be sanitary.

Seriously. It's a miracle Herod didn't start a plague if that many bodies were disposed of stupidly in too short a period in too small an area.

Sounds like the true origin of the Schakaln to me.

Hell yeah.

(This idea sprung up 13 hours after the last one, but I was away from my PC. I'm slowing down in my old age.)