The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old July 14 2013, 06:08 PM   #1081
Dr. Sevrin
Vice Admiral

Re: How is Janeway sexy? (Part II)

I've not seen any of Orange/Black but something either isn't making sense to me or it's just some remote coincidence. Mulgrew expressed surprise when informed of the Janeway/Seven fan fiction fantasies? Then she takes a job in a women's prison series? When women's prison movies have had raunchy lesbian scenes at least since the 70s sexploitation days? Though I guess O/B is geared more for women these days, and those sexplo movies were aimed at men.
Old July 14 2013, 06:36 PM   #1082
Queen Arachnia
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Queen Arachnia

Melakon wrote: View Post
I've not seen any of Orange/Black but something either isn't making sense to me or it's just some remote coincidence. Mulgrew expressed surprise when informed of the Janeway/Seven fan fiction fantasies? Then she takes a job in a women's prison series? When women's prison movies have had raunchy lesbian scenes at least since the 70s sexploitation days? Though I guess O/B is geared more for women these days, and those sexplo movies were aimed at men.
Ooo in what interview does she say she is surprised at J/7? Can you link it if you know it? I'm just curious.

And I think she probably meant she was surprised because Seven was meant to be like a daughter to Janeway and Janeway was like the mother figure. I'm pretty sure that's why she was taken aback and not because she isn't familiar with lesbianism in TV/Film.
Old July 14 2013, 07:13 PM   #1083
Dr. Sevrin
Vice Admiral

Captain Kathryn wrote: View Post
Ooo in what interview does she say she is surprised at J/7? Can you link it if you know it? I'm just curious.

And I think she probably meant she was surprised because Seven was meant to be like a daughter to Janeway and Janeway was like the mother figure. I'm pretty sure that's why she was taken aback and not because she isn't familiar with lesbianism in TV/Film.
It was something I'd read here, probably in this very thread, but it would have been a few months back as I was recently out of on-line action between 5/10 and 7/10. Possibly one of teacake's posts.

And yeah, I always saw Janeway and Seven as mother-daughter. If I were going to fantasize, I'd probably put Seven with B'Elanna. Or have her screwing Harry's brains out and it finally kills him with no alternate Harry to replace him. Or even with Neelix. But never with Chuckles.
Old July 15 2013, 05:09 PM   #1084
Katie O'Clare
Lieutenant

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and just stumbled about this threat a couple of weeks ago and skimmed through this and the first how is janeway sexy threat and let me tell you....you guys are epic.

I cant believe I only just now discovered that threat. You really cracked me up...I'm just saying pattern enhancers..lol...now everytime I see Janeway with those when I rewatch the show naughty thoughts somehow creep into my mind...lol

I've been a fan of Voyager an Kate since it came on tv, I was 9 back then. I cant say that I found her sexy then...that would be weird....but now I do think that she is sexy. Not in the obvious way...to me she looks utterly gorgeous and the whole package just makes her sexy..her voice, her gestures, her personality, her wits...just to name a few.

Last edited by Katie O'Clare; July 15 2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: The picture didnt show up
Katie O'Clare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15 2013, 06:36 PM   #1085
Queen Arachnia
Commodore

Katie O'Clare wrote: View Post
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and just stumbled about this threat a couple of weeks ago and skimmed through this and the first how is janeway sexy threat and let me tell you....you guys are epic.

I cant believe I only just now discovered that threat. You really cracked me up...I'm just saying pattern enhancers..lol...now everytime I see Janeway with those when I rewatch the show naughty thoughts somehow creep into my mind...lol

I've been a fan of Voyager an Kate since it came on tv, I was 9 back then. I cant say that I found her sexy then...that would be weird....but now I do think that she is sexy. Not in the obvious way...to me she looks utterly gorgeous and the whole package just makes her sexy..her voice, her gestures, her personality, her wits...just to name a few.

Cool, there's a lot of us who thinks she is awesome here!

But I think you meant "thread" lol. Not threat!
Old July 15 2013, 07:16 PM   #1086
Katie O'Clare
Lieutenant

I totally did mean thread..lol..thanks for pointing it out!

I found a photo of Kate and I tried to embed it but it didnt work so im just gonna link it.

That drink she is holding looks a lot like a Gin Rickey, doesnt it?
http://www.gettyimages.de/detail/nac...enfoto/1975423
Old July 15 2013, 10:35 PM   #1087
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Mulgrew has expressed fatigue over the fans insistance that Janeway get busy with either Chakotay OR Seven. If I read her correctly, she feels the sexual questions detract from her character's true power.

Use this link to get to the right question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...r3cFyio#t=282s

I LOVE that face!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbfpr3cFyio&hl=en&fs=1&">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbfpr3cFyio&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

The actress has never said she was unfamiliar with lesbian storylines, and IIRC has in a previous interview expressed an interest in playing such a story line in the future. (Not necessarily as Captain Janeway)
Old July 15 2013, 10:44 PM   #1088
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Katie O'Clare wrote: View Post
I've been a fan of Voyager an Kate since it came on tv, I was 9 back then. I cant say that I found her sexy then...that would be weird....

Nine?

NINE????

I have T-shirts older than you!

Welcome to the sexy thread.

You do realize this is the 2nd incarnation, correct?

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=133745

The first had nearly 8000 posts when they closed it and now has had over 379,000 views.

Not bad for a lady over twice your current age.

By the way... great photograph!
Old July 15 2013, 11:25 PM   #1089
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

More on J/7 at the 2011 Atlanta convention.

The question... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...QIzS4LA#t=241s

"How the hell would I get her clothes off???? Did you see that uniform???

Old July 15 2013, 11:49 PM   #1090
Queen Arachnia
Commodore

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post

Mulgrew has expressed fatigue over the fans insistance that Janeway get busy with either Chakotay OR Seven. If I read her correctly, she feels the sexual questions detract from her character's true power.

Use this link to get to the right question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...r3cFyio#t=282s

I LOVE that face!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbfpr3cFyio&hl=en&fs=1&">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbfpr3cFyio&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

The actress has never said she was unfamiliar with lesbian storylines, and IIRC has in a previous interview expressed an interest in playing such a story line in the future. (Not necessarily as Captain Janeway)
Yeah, I've seen that interview before. I recall her mentioning the J/C obsession, but not Seven. I'll have to rewatch. I think I just forget since I watched it a while back.

But yes I know that was her main reason for her not wanting Janeway to get with anybody.
Old July 16 2013, 12:45 AM   #1091
Queen Arachnia
Commodore

teacake wrote: View Post
I'm going only up to 3! Going to start one in a minute.. all the screencapping means they take extra time LOLOL.
Haha, love your new avatar!

I just finished the 13th episode so I'm all finished now. It was such an amazing first season! I don't want to give away spoilers, but just want to say I feel pretty terrible for both Piper and Red in the last episode.
Old July 16 2013, 05:26 AM   #1092
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

OitNB is EVERYWHERE!

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=219547

As it should be.

I had not heard that a 2nd season has already been okayed until that ^^ thread.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollyw...tch-series-yet

But this blog also claims season 2 has already been approved.

Now all I have to do is find the time to get my "free month" to watch this show.
Old July 16 2013, 08:26 AM   #1093
Katie O'Clare
Lieutenant

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post

Welcome to the sexy thread.

You do realize this is the 2nd incarnation, correct?

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=133745

The first had nearly 8000 posts when they closed it and now has had over 379,000 views. :rommie
Thanks for the Welcome

Yes, I know this is the second thread, I have skimmed thought that first one as well. And when I found this one I just had to sign up.

I've watched the first 2 episodes of orange so far and I love it
However I have to admit, that I'm not particularly fond of her hair, although it suits her charakter .
Old July 16 2013, 08:53 AM   #1094
teacock
Admiral

WELCOME KATIE!

And you know there were threads before the first one with this title too..

We had a huge thread at some point when the hair was revealed. It was amazing. People fainted.

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 16 2013, 09:25 AM   #1095
lurok
Commodore

teacake wrote: View Post

She's still doing that interesting stuff with her hands

I love this series. And Laverne Cox *swoon*

Yup, J still sexy...