Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old July 23 2012, 07:43 AM   #496
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: How is Janeway sexy? (Part II)

So anything you can pick a pencil up with and write your name with qualifies as an arm?

(I may have dozens of arms.)

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2012, 01:55 PM   #497
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

teacake wrote: View Post
The way she touches you on the arm..
Or the way she holds a gun...

http://fancydresscostumes.co.uk/blog...k-voyager.jpeg

I've searched 43 google pages of Janeway, and Janeway/crew and have YET to find one pic of her touching anyone!
Old July 23 2012, 01:59 PM   #498
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

BirdInJetstream wrote: View Post
After reading the whole thread (I+II [yes I did it and it took me weeks!]) ...
In my best Captain Sulu voice... "Impressive."

I decided to join. Its wonderful that I am not the only one who is in love with Janeway (for about 16 years now). As much as I love all my friends and family, I feel that this is something I can not share with them. Which is a bit sad. But luckily I found you guys! Thanks for all the pictures and contributions so far...
Hi, my name is JanewayRulz!, and I'm a Janeway-a-holic. Welcome!
Old July 23 2012, 07:59 PM   #499
BirdInJetstream
Lieutenant Commander

JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
After reading the whole thread (I+II [yes I did it and it took me weeks!]) ...
In my best Captain Sulu voice... "Impressive."

I decided to join. Its wonderful that I am not the only one who is in love with Janeway (for about 16 years now). As much as I love all my friends and family, I feel that this is something I can not share with them. Which is a bit sad. But luckily I found you guys! Thanks for all the pictures and contributions so far...
Hi, my name is JanewayRulz!, and I'm a Janeway-a-holic. Welcome!

Thanks a lot.

I just noticed that I haven't given any statement toward Janeway's sexiness, yet. (Although my remark about being in love with her for 16 years is pretty clear about that.)

First: I do not like the word sexy so much because its a bit superficial in my opinion. At first glance it refers to someone's appearance only. Of course it is the first thing that we notice about another person before we get to know her/him, but concerning Janeway I am already past the outer appearance for quite a while.

Judging from pictures only, she looks sexy on most of them, though not on all. Some are simply odd (if I was allowed to post one I would happily provide examples).

I think what makes her really irresistable for me is her personality. It is her passion and commitment to be there for her crew, to care for each single one of them, to be strong and never have doubts that she will bring them home, that she will save them. Its her greatest strength and her greatest vulnerability at the same time.
I think this is also the trait that is uniquely Kate Mulgrew's link to Kathryn Janeway. Its truly her passion, her honesty that gives Janeway's character life. There is an openess, an open mindedness about both of them that touches something inside me.

Apart from the personality, I absolutely adore her hands+arms and her face, those high cheekbones and her gracefull neck . And her hair. But not always. I never know when it is really KM's hair and when it is not.
BirdInJetstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23 2012, 08:15 PM   #500
Violet.Phoenix
Commander

First: I do not like the word sexy so much because its a bit superficial in my opinion. At first glance it refers to someone's appearance only. Of course it is the first thing that we notice about another person before we get to know her/him, but concerning Janeway I am already past the outer appearance for quite a while.

Judging from pictures only, she looks sexy on most of them, though not on all. Some are simply odd (if I was allowed to post one I would happily provide examples).

I think what makes her really irresistable for me is her personality. It is her passion and commitment to be there for her crew, to care for each single one of them, to be strong and never have doubts that she will bring them home, that she will save them. Its her greatest strength and her greatest vulnerability at the same time.
I think this is also the trait that is uniquely Kate Mulgrew's link to Kathryn Janeway. Its truly her passion, her honesty that gives Janeway's character life. There is an openess, an open mindedness about both of them that touches something inside me.

Apart from the personality, I absolutely adore her hands+arms and her face, those high cheekbones and her gracefull neck . And her hair. But not always. I never know when it is really KM's hair and when it is not.
You are awesome

I agree with all that you say above, because Janeway is an incredibly passionate person about everything: her crew, her moral beliefs, science, etc. I think that's something that makes people so drawn to her character is how fiercely she cares for and about everything in her life.

I'm also with you on the word 'sexy', but I think that it can be attributed to more than just physical appearance. Many people classify confidence as being sexy, and Janeway certainly had an abundance of that!

And I'm with you on her hands and cheekbones; she has such a fantastic facial structure it's enviable! And in photos her face always looks gorgeous. Half the time I wonder why Kate Mulgrew hasn't done more modeling.

As for her hair, I think it was hers from season 4 onwards when she went to the short bob. Before that I think it was a weave or extensions of some sort to make it longer.

Oh, and welcome to the realm of Janeway awesomeness

Vi
Old July 26 2012, 10:53 PM   #501
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Location: Google's ass cave full of the lush, lush asses they have stolen.

If J/7 were a sport..

(wait, isn't it?)

"Damnit Spock. God damnit!" Kirk ST:V
■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
teacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26 2012, 11:43 PM   #502
BirdInJetstream
Lieutenant Commander

If J/7 were a sport..

(wait, isn't it?)

*Sigh...
Except for the beginning of the very first season (and few exceptions in later episodes), when I still thought Chakotay had potential, I have never been into J/C shipping. Seven on the other hand... Much more interesting. Is anyone into J/Tuvok?
Old July 26 2012, 11:54 PM   #503
Gov Kodos
Admiral

If J/7 were a sport..

(wait, isn't it?)
J7, Sport, Hobby, Inspiration, and just plain Fun. On a completely different note, Janeway's greatest love is probably coffee. Has anything ever come between her and the bean? This vid is pretty funny, or just WTF, depending on your point of view.
We are quicksilver, a fleeting shadow, a distant sound... our home has no boundaries beyond which we cannot pass. We live in music, in a flash of color... we live on the wind and in the sparkle of a star! Endora, Bewitched
Gov Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27 2012, 02:23 PM   #504
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Oh, I think Janeway's preferred pairing is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niWu7JsSAyc

Old July 27 2012, 06:11 PM   #505
BirdInJetstream
Lieutenant Commander

Oh, I think Janeway's preferred pairing is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niWu7JsSAyc

Awwwwwwwww......

Today I stumbled upon the thread about the use or rather the lack of use of the neuronal gelpacks on Voyager. I think there was quite some potential wasted. I always wondered if it was possible for a star ship to develop sort of a personality. (Like computers sometimes do - at least when they let you know that they are mad at you.) I thought this neuronal pathway system could have been an interesting thing. Voyager could have developed instincts (survival instincts - now that would have been a challenge for Janeway!) or something like that. Or the ability to communicate in a bit more advanced way. The EMH is the best proof of how communicative computer programmes can become...
Old July 28 2012, 12:11 PM   #506
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Gov Kodos the next person who posts on facebook about how they are giving up coffee is gonna get that vid on their wall..

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 28 2012, 12:40 PM   #507
lurok
Commodore

The way she touches you on the arm..
Or the way she holds a gun...

http://fancydresscostumes.co.uk/blog...k-voyager.jpeg

I've searched 43 google pages of Janeway, and Janeway/crew and have YET to find one pic of her touching anyone!
I've just been rewatching last three seasons for first time in years (aaargh...there be some horrors there) and I could swear there's been a lot of touching going on. Must try and grab some grabs. In the meantime, one of my fave J/Tuvok moments (an oldie but classic)
Old July 30 2012, 10:45 AM   #508
teacake
Fleet Admiral

Ah it's my 11,000 post. Time for some sexy.

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne
Old July 30 2012, 11:28 AM   #509
DAYoung
Commander

View DAYoung's Twitter Profile

*pushes Teacake out of the way*

"Kathy!"
DAYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2012, 11:40 AM   #510
teacake
Fleet Admiral

:: slaps DA on the face ::

Don't you Kathy the Captain!

■ ■ ■
Janeway does Melbourne