RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 137,880
Posts: 5,329,364
Members: 24,556
Currently online: 648
Newest member: EvyR55

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: Inquisition
By: Michelle on Jul 12

Cubify Star Trek 3DMe Mini Figurines
By: T'Bonz on Jul 11

Latest Official Starships Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Jul 10

Seven of Nine Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

Pegg The Prankster
By: T'Bonz on Jul 9

More Trek Stars Join Unbelievable!!!!!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 16 2012, 08:03 PM   #421
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral
 
Mutenroshi's Avatar
 
Location: Mutenroshi
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

and awesome!!!
__________________
Let There Be Rock!

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 04:37 AM   #422
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
]This picture is not where he sustained the injury but I believe RDJ was doing this scene himself
It's pretty crazy there were none of the main actors were injuried on Avengers, but RDJ got hurt in IM3. I guess we should be thankful that Joss Whedon is probably a safety nazi on set.
__________________
=)
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 03:25 PM   #423
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral
 
JarodRussell's Avatar
 
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

RDJ probably got injured during a very simple scene and not during a stunt, that would be hilarious.
JarodRussell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 17 2012, 04:01 PM   #424
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Dream wrote: View Post
Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
]This picture is not where he sustained the injury but I believe RDJ was doing this scene himself
It's pretty crazy there were none of the main actors were injuried on Avengers, but RDJ got hurt in IM3. I guess we should be thankful that Joss Whedon is probably a safety nazi on set.
Sigh, the facepalms you create...

RDJ is a fully grown man more than capable of making his own decisions and certainly has earned the weight to throw around to get to make that choice. If he wanted to do a stunt by himself, by-damn who's going to tell him no? He's Robert Fucking Downey Jr.! If they don't agree to his demands who's their second choice?

So he does a stunt (or whatever) and twists his ankle. Big deal. He spends a day or two off his feet with some ice on it, the production switches to second-unit stuff or scenes without him, life moves on.



No need to declare fail on the entire industry, this particular production or to start thinking of delays in the release because a 50-year-old man wanted to do his own damn stunt.
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18 2012, 04:42 AM   #425
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral
 
Samurai8472's Avatar
 
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Dream wrote: View Post
I really wish that RDJ had used a stuntman. He is the lead actor and the last thing this movie needs is for him to break a leg and delay this entire movie for several months. That's what the stuntmen are there for, doing things that might be dangerous.

Now that this has happened, hopefully they'll be much more reluctant to let him to risk himself like that.

Wow. No offense but that sounds like you're his mom or something


"Oh why didn't he wear his protective pads? He'll scrape his knee on that cold driveway"
__________________
"Inception" is a layer cake.
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19 2012, 12:04 AM   #426
USS Mariner
Rear Admiral
 
USS Mariner's Avatar
 
Location: Homestate of Matt Jefferies
View USS Mariner's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to USS Mariner Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to USS Mariner
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Shazam! wrote: View Post
I wonder if they'll somehow combine the ten rings with the Infinity gems. It may seem a bit weird to the dreaded general public to have two sets of 10 rings/gems that perform magic.
Well, the problem is that there's ten rings, but six (or seven) gems, so that'd involve a bit more finagling than most fans would be comfortable with.
__________________
Ignorance is forgivable,
Arrogance is reprehensible,
Narcissism is intolerable.

Subspace Commns Network ~ Visit Marinina!
USS Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 07:37 PM   #427
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral
 
Captain Craig's Avatar
 
Location: Nashville,TN
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

This link contains one of those bits of "info" that may or may not be just rumor so link at your discretion.

If however there is truth to it then it will likely come into play during the climax of the final fight of the film.
It's a link to ComicBookMovie.com, which I know has credibility issues. However, they are reporting on the story from Latino Review which has a much better track record.

READ AT YOUR DISCRETION

Link at the end so you can't say you weren't cautioned.
__________________
"Picard never hit me." Q-Less(DS9)
"Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings" Optimus Prime
Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 07:43 PM   #428
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral
 
JarodRussell's Avatar
 
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
This link contains one of those bits of "info" that may or may not be just rumor so link at your discretion.

If however there is truth to it then it will likely come into play during the climax of the final fight of the film.
It's a link to ComicBookMovie.com, which I know has credibility issues. However, they are reporting on the story from Latino Review which has a much better track record.

READ AT YOUR DISCRETION

Link at the end so you can't say you weren't cautioned.
JarodRussell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 07:55 PM   #429
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral
 
Captain Craig's Avatar
 
Location: Nashville,TN
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

^^^
I see your point. So will people belly ache that then perhaps? Possible I suppose, the 'net lives for that during the build up phase.
__________________
"Picard never hit me." Q-Less(DS9)
"Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings" Optimus Prime
Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4 2012, 10:39 PM   #430
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

So any news on whether filming has resumed yet?
__________________
=)
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 08:43 AM   #431
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS
 
Emh's Avatar
 
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Captain Craig wrote: View Post
This link contains one of those bits of "info" that may or may not be just rumor so link at your discretion.

If however there is truth to it then it will likely come into play during the climax of the final fight of the film.
It's a link to ComicBookMovie.com, which I know has credibility issues. However, they are reporting on the story from Latino Review which has a much better track record.

READ AT YOUR DISCRETION

Link at the end so you can't say you weren't cautioned.
__________________
"Eccleston was a tiger and Tennant was, well, Tigger. Smith [is] an uncoordinated housecat who pretends that he meant to do that after falling off a piece of furniture." - Lynne M. Thomas

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 01:35 PM   #432
T'Baio
Admiral
 
T'Baio's Avatar
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Iron Man 2 already kind of touched on "Armor Wars." But I definitely hope they expand the concept in Iron Man 3.
__________________
Making my first feature film, Synchronicity
www.synchronicityfilm.ca
IndieGoGo
On Facebook
T'Baio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2012, 04:17 PM   #433
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral
 
Trekker4747's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas City
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Nice use of a 47 there.
__________________
Just because it's futuristic doesn't mean it's practical.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2012, 02:50 AM   #434
JD
Admiral
 
JD's Avatar
 
Location: Arizona, USA
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Yeah, I could see what's described in the linked article being really cool.
__________________
Over the course of many encounters and many years, I have successfully developed a standard operating procedure for dealing with big, nasty monsters. Run away. Me and Monty Python.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7 2012, 08:07 AM   #435
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS
 
Emh's Avatar
 
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Oops, Armor Wars. That's what I meant.
__________________
"Eccleston was a tiger and Tennant was, well, Tigger. Smith [is] an uncoordinated housecat who pretends that he meant to do that after falling off a piece of furniture." - Lynne M. Thomas

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
iron man

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.