RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,703
Members: 24,210
Currently online: 776
Newest member: MaileDetty

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old June 5 2012, 10:58 AM   #211
Duncan MacLeod
Fleet Captain

Re: Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

It's worth noting that Rhodey did say he was returning the Mk 2 at the end of IM 2. Although I always figured that Tony simply repair it for him, strip out the Hammer junk, and equip it with hard-hitting, reliable ordinance before returning it to him.

Rhodey is probably the only military officer that Tony would trust with the armor, so he might cut a deal which gives the government custody of the Mk 2 as long as Rhodey is the pilot.
Duncan MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2012, 12:24 PM   #212
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Very nice spoilery pic Skywalker!!!
I was wondering when those guys would turn up!!
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2012, 12:43 PM   #213
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

Oh man that's awesome. I too were wondering about those guys

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2012, 01:42 PM   #214
Eduardo
Commander

Duncan MacLeod wrote: View Post
It's worth noting that Rhodey did say he was returning the Mk 2 at the end of IM 2. Although I always figured that Tony simply repair it for him, strip out the Hammer junk, and equip it with hard-hitting, reliable ordinance before returning it to him.

Rhodey is probably the only military officer that Tony would trust with the armor, so he might cut a deal which gives the government custody of the Mk 2 as long as Rhodey is the pilot.
I think he said the opposite, something like "I am keeping the suit", and he flies off.

Tony Stark has some personality disorders, having a gap in his collection of armors probably acts like a TOC to him and doesn't let him sleep unless the gap is filled...
Old June 5 2012, 01:47 PM   #215
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu

Duncan MacLeod wrote: View Post
It's worth noting that Rhodey did say he was returning the Mk 2 at the end of IM 2.
"I'm keeping the suit, ok?"
"No, not ok-"
"I wasn't asking"

What with Tony blowing up his car, Rhodey flat out saying he'll keep and flies off before Tony can protest, it's absense from the Avengers and now Tony building a new copy of it for himself sans all the Hammer tech, looks like he did let him have it.
Chemahkuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2012, 03:03 PM   #216
Duncan MacLeod
Fleet Captain

He said that his car got taken out in the explosion so he need to hang on to the suit for a minute. The implication being that he needed it to get home. I just watched it a minute ago.
Duncan MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2012, 03:36 PM   #217
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

I still think Tony just let him have it, if nothing else he probably didn't want to have to fix what Hammer did to it when he had his own to worry about.

I'd like to see Rhodey stay on as his War Machine self now, not have Tony be the only good guy with a suit. Making three in the new movie apparently.
Old June 5 2012, 05:27 PM   #218
RoJoHen
Awesome

You know what I like best about these Iron Man movies? I don't know anything about Iron Man, so all the spoilery pics that keep popping up mean absolutely nothing to me!
Old June 5 2012, 05:30 PM   #219
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Much larger resolution version of the image incase it hasn't been posted.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/first-...leased/144778/

And I don't read any of the comics either, apart from the character name all I know of the MCU comes from the movies.
Old June 5 2012, 07:23 PM   #220
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Interesting he has pristine versions of his various armors including those heavily damaged or destroyed in the process of him using them.
Old June 5 2012, 07:24 PM   #221
captcalhoun
Admiral

short version (non-spoilery) they're a terrorist group in the comics, connected to a certain organisation in a certain other character's movie.
captcalhoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2012, 07:35 PM   #222
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Interesting he has pristine versions of his various armors including those heavily damaged or destroyed in the process of him using them.
One thing I liked about IM2 was when he walked in and JARVIS did his scan of them, the Mark 3 had "Battle damage" listed by the display.
Old June 5 2012, 08:05 PM   #223
Mark_Nguyen
Commodore

It's the little things, no?

I would think that Tony in general wouldn't spend THAT much time in creating fully functioning versions of the earlier armor that would otherwise have been destroyed. Thus, the Mark I and II on that wall would be more cosmetic an not functioning armor, while III onwards would be the genuine articles repaired or otherwise restored to the pristine look, even if the insides are still damaged.

Mark

Oh, I like that Trek thing too...
Mark_Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5 2012, 08:38 PM   #224
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

It's interesting to me how quickly these things are damaged. I know it's some sort of alloy of titanium and gold (or whatever he says at the end of Iron Man 1 in response to being called Iron Man.) But, sheesh. It's a wonder he doesn't have a shit-load more of these things one encounter with Thor nearly destroyed the one he had and after he fixed the Helicopter engine it was barely operable. And then after the (granted lengthy and brutal) encounter at the end of Avengers his latest Armor is practically destroyed with chunks of it either floating in space several thousand light years away or in another dimension.
Old June 5 2012, 08:42 PM   #225
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Gold-Titanium isn't anywhere near as strong as the films make it out to be. If that's all the suits where made of, they'd shatter on some of the impacts he takes, bullets would do more damage than we've seen and he'd certainly never survive more than one outing in full combat.

So I assume there are other metals and the Ag/Ti alloy is the base metal that makes up 60% or more.

But based on the materials we know he uses, the suits are more ablative in nature, designed to use many plates that spread out damage and are replaced when needed.

The interior endoskeletal frames probably last much longer and take less damage.