RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,693
Members: 24,208
Currently online: 750
Newest member: meshman63

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old November 25 2011, 07:19 PM   #91
ThunderAeroI
Rear Admiral

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

There is a command and conquer easter egg as well.

There is barells of green liquid all over one dungeon that the inhabitants call ichor.
Old November 25 2011, 07:33 PM   #92
Chaos Descending
Vice Admiral

"Ichor" isn't necessarily a Command and Conquer reference.

"Ichor" was what the gods had instead of blood in the Greek mythology. In more modern times, plenty of works of fiction claim that various monsters, demons, and whatnot ooze ichor when stabbed.
Old November 25 2011, 07:59 PM   #93
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Skywalker wrote: View Post
I guess that also explains KotOR II. Damned LucasArts rushing that game just because they wanted it out by Christmas...
I would highly recommend playing through TSL with TSL Restored Content Mod installed, if you haven't used it already. Despite having played the hell out of KOTOR I when it was first released, I never got around to TSL until earlier this year and my only experience playing it has been with TSLRCM installed. From what I've read about the published version, the restoration project actually makes a lot of things that didn't make sense understandable.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2011, 01:09 AM   #94
Stone_Cold_Sisko
Vice Admiral

Distorted Humor wrote: View Post
Today I fought some vampires, Killed a dragon, and started the "Hangover" quest...

And Markarth is gorgeous...
What city is the Hangover quest in? Or at least where does it start?
Stone_Cold_Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2011, 02:23 AM   #95
Rowan Sjet
Commodore

Whiterun, in the Bannered Mare. A man wearing black clothes offers to start a drinking game...
Old November 27 2011, 04:18 AM   #96
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

Actually he can appear in any inn, you just need to be at least level 14 for him to appear. After several aborted starts I finally just ended up making my character level 81 with all skills/perks maxed via the console at the start (which I always break down and inevitably do in all the Elder Scrolls games), and decided to wander down to Falkreath after Riverwood instead of going to Whiterun, and the man in black was at the inn there.
Old November 27 2011, 04:26 AM   #97
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

I just spent a good half hour watching large scale AI combat videos on youtube . . . I have no life

Old November 27 2011, 04:48 AM   #98
Josan
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Josan

I've become somewhat addicted to this game. Well, a lot addicted actually. Having a blast just exploring, upping my alchemy, enchanting and smithing skills like a madman, making items, enchanting them, selling, rinse, repeat which level you up quicker than combat.

Really liking the size of the world and all the miscellaneous quests give plenty to do.
Nationalism, brotherhood, 'pop' culture and puppy love
Josan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27 2011, 05:01 AM   #99
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept

Josan wrote: View Post
I've become somewhat addicted to this game. Well, a lot addicted actually. Having a blast just exploring, upping my alchemy, enchanting and smithing skills like a madman, making items, enchanting them, selling, rinse, repeat which level you up quicker than combat.

Really liking the size of the world and all the miscellaneous quests give plenty to do.
yeah
I worked a lot on my smithing, I've got a legendary ebony greatsword and I enchanted a ring and dragonscale gloves that add over 50% to my one and two handed skills
I thought about making a soultrap hammer and naming it the banhammer
Old November 27 2011, 05:54 PM   #100
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

I only just found out the other day that even with maxed out smithing, you can still improve weapons/armor beyond that. Enchant yourself 4 pieces of 25% fortify smithing gear, use alchemy to make fortify smithing potions, and you can make pretty much any armor set reach the 80% damage reduction cap, which is apparently 579 armor rating. So for instance the full thieves guild master set (with all light armor perks) now gives me 792(?) armor rating. Pretty handy since it allows you to wear whatever you think looks good rather than what keeps you alive. Much rather be wearing steel plate than something ugly like dragonbone or daedric.
Old November 28 2011, 01:24 AM   #101
Hoser
Hoser

View Hoser's Twitter Profile

So I'm holding off on buying this, mostly because the holidays are coming up and I'd rather save the money for a bit, but I have to know, how solid is it? Bethesda games have been hit and miss for me when it comes to game crashing bugs, Fallout 3 and Oblivion crashed consistently, while Morrowind and New Vegas were pretty solid.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28 2011, 04:05 PM   #102
backstept
Rear Admiral

in my personal experience it seems to be slightly more stable than New Vegas, though I have had several CTDs without so much as an error message

hopefully the impending patch will fix most of the most crazy bugs
Old November 29 2011, 11:10 AM   #103
SPCTRE
N7

View SPCTRE's Twitter Profile

After about one week of abstinence, I finally managed to try the patched PS3 version yesterday, appears to be running a hell of a lot smoother now, if not perfectly.
Old November 30 2011, 04:59 AM   #104
Lowdarzz
Captain

I really want to play this game but I'm probably going to wait for the Game of the Year edition so I can get it and all the inevitable expansions since I don't use xbox live.
Lowdarzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30 2011, 05:44 AM   #105
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Man, just like in Oblivion, the Dark Brotherhood quest is probably the most epic and satisfying. Seriously,