A Baby For Saldana
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23

Klingon Beer Arrives In The US
By: T'Bonz on Jul 22

Star Trek: Prelude To Axanar

Abrams Announces Star Wars: Force For Change Sweepstakes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old July 20 2012, 03:52 AM   #331
backstept
Rear Admiral

View backstept's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to backstept Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to backstept
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I think the easiest way to level up enchanting is to have a soul trap enchanted weapon, fill a bunch of soul gems in your travels and put a simple enchantment on a crap-ton of rings or iron daggers

or on PC, cheat and use the console to type in player.advskill enchanting 1000
Old July 27 2012, 12:24 PM   #332
Josan
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Josan

Owain Taggart wrote: View Post
And meanwhile the PS3 version still hasn't gotten that last patch with the mounted combat. I figured It's got some things that are tied to Dawnguard and that they're waiting for Dawnguard to be released for the PS3 before they release the patch.
And it seems PC and PS3 gamers will continue waiting. I just did a google search and even though the XBox exclusivity period has ended, according to all the little new blurbs, they've got no plans to release it for PC and PS3 anytime soon. No date at all in fact.

One more reason why Bethesda constantly fails to impress me.
Nationalism, brotherhood, 'pop' culture and puppy love
Josan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27 2012, 04:20 PM   #333
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

Finally getting around to trying Skyrim, borrowing it (Xbox version) from my cousin.

It's awesome. As far as the main story goes, I'm still in Whiterun, having just been declared Thane by the Jarl. All those side quests though are keeping me busy.

Combat can be a bit awkward, especially when alternating between attack and block.

I'm having trouble with killing dragons, though. I got that first one, of course, but I've seen two random ones since and I can't hit them even once before they fly away. I guess I'll have to look up Dragon killing tips.

ETA: I'm an Imperial, BTW.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27 2012, 05:28 PM   #334
Reverend
Rear Admiral

The combat takes a bit of getting used to, but the general thing to do is to alternate between block and slash until they come at you with a power attack, then bash to interrupt it and follow up with a power attack. It can be hard on the lower levels until you get your stamina up, but stick with it. I'm at Level 30 and I've been two shoting giants since around level 23!
Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27 2012, 09:05 PM   #335
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

So, with all these delays with the PS3 version of the patch, it seems we'll be skipping 1.6 entirely for 1.7 which will finally add mounted combat for PS3 users.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/07/2...w-patch-on-ps3

Oh and yes, Josan, I particularly love how Bethesda say they've never announced for any other platform after the fact when all along they'd said it very clearly that it was a 30 day exclusive. That kind of attitude between MS and Bethesda is deplorable. It's a multi-platform title, but they're acting as if Skyrim itself is an XBox exclusive. The last console exclusive Elder Scrolls (in the console arena) was Morrowind for the original XBox and that time has come and gone, so there's no excuse. Multi-platform titles should all equally get the same amount of support

Last edited by Owain Taggart; July 28 2012 at 06:19 AM.
Owain Taggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2012, 04:04 AM   #336
AlphaMan
Rear Admiral

Yeah... Bethesda has to realize that they've alienated the majority of their fans with this. Dawngaurd should'nt have been released until the PS3 and PC versions were complete or very near completion. I really have no way of rationalizing this decision. I'm playing in Xbox and have completed it, but I really wish I could've played this on PS3 and gotten Bethesda's support. It was obvious from the start that Bethesda had no plans to support this game nearly as much on the PS3 and that's why I chose 360.

I won't forget this. I just might skip Dishonored for this.
AlphaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30 2012, 06:24 PM   #337
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Yeah, I think they really need to work on their PR. I'm not so much upset at the lack of availability of Dawnguard, but of the aweful communication from Bethesda.

Pete Hines wrote:
"We have not announced Dawnguard for any other platform, nor given a timeline for any such news. If we have news, I promise I’d tell you."
Pete Hines wrote:
I was simply stating that expecting/demanding something today is unfounded. Not that news is never coming.
I think in using of the term "30 Day Exclusive", people will automatically expect it to be available on other platforms when that exclusivity period ends. I could see this attitude if they had originally said "XBox Exclusive", but they didn't. I can understand it being a few days late, but a week or two weeks? What were doing when it was available on Xbox? Twiddling their thumbs? Is it my imagination that he sounds snippy?

They shouldn't say anything they don't mean, especially in a large marketing campaign. I think it only reflects badly on them if they can't offer what they've promised. Any other company would have had things ready for release soon after exclusivity ends instead of stating, "We never announced it for other platforms." Otherwise, why state it's a timed exclusive at all?

I hear it may be available next week, but the damage is already done.

Last edited by Owain Taggart; July 30 2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old July 31 2012, 05:20 AM   #338
Jono
Rear Admiral

^ Hines has twitted that info would come out later this week about the PC and PS3 versions. I'd be surprised if it is an immediate release announcement, but at least there will be certainty about when it's coming out.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2012, 05:05 AM   #339
Jono
Rear Admiral

Or I could be wrong. The PC version is available now, but the PS3 version is still to be finished.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2012, 10:35 AM   #340
AlphaMan
Rear Admiral

I've got some good news and some bad news.

Dawngaurd for the PC was released yesterday! Either all of our PC fans were unaware of this or we're too busy playing it to post it here.

The bad news is that Bethesda is not yet "satisfied with Dawnguard's performance on the PS3" and have not released it yet. I guess this is better than releasing a shitty DLC and taking heat for it.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/08/02...nce-on-the-ps3
AlphaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3 2012, 11:46 AM   #341
Reverend
Rear Admiral

I'm in no rush to get this. I've only had Skyrim a few weeks and have a *long* way to go before I'll be looking for new content. I'm already a werewolf so becoming a vampire isn't much of a selling point and the price is rather steep.

...crossbows might be nice though.
Old August 4 2012, 04:07 AM   #342
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

I guess the good thing is that they could be squashing any performance issues with Skyrim on the PS3 overall.
Old August 5 2012, 12:56 PM   #343
Chris3123
Vice Admiral

I just did the side quest "The Mind of Madness", where

Holy crap. I never would have thought they'd something so freaking bizarre into the game. I loved Sheogorath's dialogue, but just about everything else about the quest was "meh".

I haven't got a chance to use the
yet. Should be interesting.
Chris3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5 2012, 05:34 PM   #344
Reverend
Rear Admiral

^I literally *just* did that same quest this afternoon. Creepy. I did try out the...uh..."item" and, well, randomness ensued.
Old August 6 2012, 01:27 AM   #345
Owain Taggart
Rear Admiral

Chris3123 wrote: View Post
I just did the side quest "The Mind of Madness", where

Holy crap. I never would have thought they'd something so freaking bizarre into the game. I loved Sheogorath's dialogue, but just about everything else about the quest was "meh".

I haven't got a chance to use the
yet. Should be interesting.

Yeah, it's a rather interesting quest, to say the least. I was rather confused what I had to do at first as it wasn't immediately apparent.