Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 16 2012, 03:36 PM   #1411
Obiwanshinobi
Rear Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Sindatur wrote: View Post
One thing that was odd, is that Randall was a fast Zombie, most of the Zombies are the slow lumbering types, though on occasion we have seen faster Zombies here and there. I wonder if dying by Zombie results in the slow Zombies and dying otherwise results in faster Zombies (or is that just a case of the Zombies move at the speed of Plot?)
Not just that, but it seems like less than as week ago (in their time, who knows how long it really was) Randall's leg was impaled by a spike and torn up a little bit when they had to get it out.
Obiwanshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2012, 07:19 PM   #1412
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Hey I just had an awesome thought! If they're all infected anyway, if they run low on food, they could kill (well, incapacitate) zombies and eat them. Haw, take that beeotches! Okay I probably shouldn't write for this show...

I bet Darryl would do it.

The coming Facebook game was a great marketing ploy but I dunno about you, I'm tired of face book games.
I've never found a Facebook game I liked. But I'll check it out anyway.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2012, 07:23 PM   #1413
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Venardhi wrote: View Post
Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
The one downer would be if the virus will eventually turn them into zombies while still living, without warning, because there's no defense against that. And I think that's the case, given the way Shane was depicted in the last episode. But they have no reason to know that yet, and that shoe won't drop till sometime next season at the earliest.
Shane was depicted like Shane: a short tempered, emotionally off-kilter, overly confident, shoot first ask questions later sort of guy. He has never been especially cunning so rushing into his half-baked plan when he spotted an opportunity(no matter how bad) is perfectly in character. I was able to guess his entire plot pretty much moment for moment after the preview at the end of the previous episode. They were very human actions from a very human character driven to extremes. From my perspective, it was always the foregone conclusion that Shane was going to make a move like this and would have to be put down.
By "depicted," I meant more than how we was written or how Bernthal played him. It was how those scenes were shot. Stuff like shooting Shane looking out from the woods, like a zombie...seemed like there was an agenda behind the directorial choices. And I did think Bernthal's performance had subtly changed as well, with an increase in the mouth-breathing and general caveman-like demeanor.

But the way he was written was pretty much normal Shane. He wasn't acting in any way that would make Rick suspicious. The writers don't want to tip off the characters this early in the game, but I think they're trying to foreshadow something for the audience. We shall see.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2012, 07:44 PM   #1414
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Hey I just had an awesome thought! If they're all infected anyway, if they run low on food, they could kill (well, incapacitate) zombies and eat them. Haw, take that beeotches! Okay I probably shouldn't write for this show...

I bet Darryl would do it.
We were making that joke already, back when Daryl was hallucinating Merle and eating squirrel. Some folks thought he was eating zombie.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2012, 07:46 PM   #1415
Stiletto
Fleet Captain

Maybe Rick is a mean SOB and let Shane reanimate on purpose to punish him and kill him twice!
Old March 16 2012, 09:03 PM   #1416
Ruaidhri
Commodore

View Ruaidhri's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ruaidhri

Servo wrote: View Post
Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
There's a difference between being careless and being in shock. We haven't seen their history, but Rick and Shane have been friends since high school and they're what? 30-35 years old? That's a long time to be friends and partners on the force. There's a strong, deep bond there. Knowing that Shane planned to kill him and having to put a knife in his gut and twist--a human being who has empathy and who feels would be traumatized by having to do that. Rick's still human. We the viewers are just accustomed to Star Trek style stoicism in male characters. Rick's reaction is more realistic. He's not an army special forces soldier trained to stay "frosty."
If Rick knew that Shane would come back, he would have had that in his head while he was luring Shane in. He had to know that killing Shane without a headshot would mean he'd have to deal with him coming back. Sure, there's some emotion there, but you are not telling me that a guy who made the decision to kill his best friend to protect himself and his family, suddenly lets his guard down so much that his former friend turned zombie gets the drop on him.
I re-watched the episode this morning, and noticed that Carl actually points the gun at Rick before Shane reanimates. Seems pretty clear that Carl was actually firing the gun at his father, and missed. And for sure, that's what Rick was thinking before Shane dropped behind him. Great acting in this scene, and Rick's distress (and distraction) is quite believable to me.

I think Temis, mentioned it, but I loved the way Shane was exhibiting zombie-like behavior during the course of the episode. Emotionally, he was already there.
Ruaidhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16 2012, 09:56 PM   #1417
sojourner
Vice Admiral

The writers don't want to tip off the characters this early in the game, but I think they're trying to foreshadow something for the audience. We shall see.
You really have had a terrible track record with your guesses of what the writers are up to on this show.
Old March 16 2012, 10:11 PM   #1418
Derishton
Vice Admiral

Stuff like shooting Shane looking out from the woods, like a zombie...seemed like there was an agenda behind the directorial choices.
Of course there's an "agenda" - it's otherwise known as "directing the episode to reflect the events and themes you wish the episode to contain."
Old March 16 2012, 10:14 PM   #1419
propita
Rear Admiral

Obiwanshinobi wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
One thing that was odd, is that Randall was a fast Zombie, most of the Zombies are the slow lumbering types, though on occasion we have seen faster Zombies here and there. I wonder if dying by Zombie results in the slow Zombies and dying otherwise results in faster Zombies (or is that just a case of the Zombies move at the speed of Plot?)
Not just that, but it seems like less than as week ago (in their time, who knows how long it really was) Randall's leg was impaled by a spike and torn up a little bit when they had to get it out.
Yeah, but a person limps because the leg doesn’t support weight (broken) or the leg hurts. Randall’s leg was impaled; it could support weight, but it would hurt. Except that Zombie!Randall won’t feel pain, so it doesn’t hurt him. It still supports weight, so no limp.
propita is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 17 2012, 06:24 PM   #1420
davejames
Vice Admiral

Ruaidhri wrote: View Post
I re-watched the episode this morning, and noticed that Carl actually points the gun at Rick before Shane reanimates. Seems pretty clear that Carl was actually firing the gun at his father, and missed. And for sure, that's what Rick was thinking before Shane dropped behind him. Great acting in this scene, and Rick's distress (and distraction) is quite believable to me.
Looked to me like Carl was originally aiming the gun at his dad, because he thought he had killed Shane for no reason. But once he spotted Zombie Shane coming for them, he realized the truth and altered his aim.

I think Temis, mentioned it, but I loved the way Shane was exhibiting zombie-like behavior during the course of the episode. Emotionally, he was already there.
Yeah, the way Bernthal explained it made the most sense to me-- Shane realized he was a danger to the group and no longer belonged, and was simply trying to force Rick to man up and do something about it.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2012, 09:46 AM   #1421
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

I think he was just batshit crazy.
Old March 18 2012, 03:55 PM   #1422
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

He was crazy. And he'd lost hope. I rewatched the scene where Lori talked to him. You can see him deflate. It's in his eyes. Like a person with a sliver of hope who is denied. Her addition of "I'm not sure whose baby is this" in addition to her apology was the catalyst. It was an incredibly stupid thing for her to add to the apology knowing how unstable he was and she did know. She suspected Otis, and had she forgotten him not keeping his hands to himself at the CDC? No, no, no...it's not your baby even if it is your baby.....well, actually I'm not sure. Let me flash my doe eyes at you and send mixed signals even though you're a dangerous person. That girl has no sense.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2012, 04:01 PM   #1423
pork3
Commander

That girl has no sense.
Might explain why her brat son continues to roam about without supervision, and can also explain why he raised a gun to his own father (I mean, wtf...).

-Jamman
pork3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2012, 09:43 PM   #1424
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

it's a new world with new rules. survival of the fittest aginst zombies. you fuck up in some small way then you and your group could wind up dead or become the the walking dead.

I am so ready for the season finale tonight. bring on the body count.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18 2012, 10:31 PM   #1425
the G-man
Commodore

pork3 wrote: View Post
That girl has no sense.
Might explain why her brat son continues to roam about without supervision, and can also explain why he raised a gun to his own father (I mean, wtf...)
In Carl's case, I think it's a kid with a completely reasonable diagnosis of PTSD. In Lori's case I think we're going to see (or least have it hinted) that she was no great shakes as a wife or mom even before the zombie apocalypse.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote