New X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Nimoy to Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Apr 17

Star Trek Special: Flesh and Stone Comic
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

These Are The Voyages TOS Season Two Book Review
By: T'Bonz on Apr 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 12 2012, 09:23 PM   #1276
Disruptor
Commodore

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

By "many fans", you mean this week's has-been hard rock/metal band member guest?
Disruptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 09:42 PM   #1277
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Disruptor wrote: View Post
By "many fans", you mean this week's has-been hard rock/metal band member guest?
Actually the folks calling in. But yes, him too.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 09:46 PM   #1278
Tom
Rear Admiral

I would have though the other human group would have found them and chased them from the farm, that seems more credible then a sudden army of walkers.
Old March 12 2012, 09:50 PM   #1279
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Tom wrote: View Post
I would have though the other human group would have found them and chased them from the farm, that seems more credible then a sudden army of walkers.
You're right of course but it's a zombie show with a lot of episodes devoid of zombies and Walking Dead fans seem to be incredibly hard to please.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 10:15 PM   #1280
Servo
Rear Admiral

Garak wrote: View Post
And then the ever wandering Carl, wandering about at night a day or two after Dale gets his guts ripped out, just shows up?
To be fair, they set up Carl's presence in that scene shortly before by showing him looking out the window with binoculars and seeing the then empty hill where Rick and Shane ended up. It was obvious to me that Carl saw Shane holding his father at gunpoint while he was keeping watch, and went out there with the gun. I was actually expecting the scene to be resolved by Carl shooting Shane, saving his father's life, and echoing what happened in the comics.
Old March 12 2012, 10:59 PM   #1281
sojourner
Vice Admiral

Technically, that is how the scene resolved.
Old March 12 2012, 11:06 PM   #1282
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

it does seem a little odd that after all that wandering they would choose a field in plain sight of the house to have their 'dual'
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 11:10 PM   #1283
Servo
Rear Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
Yeah, but shooting zombie Shane to save his father doesn't carry the same weight as it would have if Shane had still been alive.
Old March 12 2012, 11:24 PM   #1284
Psylent1
Captain

As to the Herd showing up, I think it has been building all season. The primary sense for the Walkers seems to be scent, it is how they recognize each other, so burning all the walkers from the barn may have put an invitation in the air.

Add in at least two dead cows, Dale and Randal and you got blood scent in the air to draw them closer. It is also possible that some of the Herd is following the scent of the Walkers that we have seen. Who knows, maybe a dead Walker attracts other walkers. You swat a bee, it releases a pheromone that tells other bees "Sting here".
Psylent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 11:28 PM   #1285
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Zombies should remain an environmental threat, but to focus on zombie-centric storys rather than the human drama makes no sense whatsoever. The zombies are there to challenge the characters and occasionally force their hand to change up the dynamic. Nothing more.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 11:34 PM   #1286
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

Servo wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
Yeah, but shooting zombie Shane to save his father doesn't carry the same weight as it would have if Shane had still been alive.
am I the only one who thinks it's half possible that carl was aiming at Rick and accidentally shot zombie shane?
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12 2012, 11:40 PM   #1287
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Wow, what an episode. I'm glad Shane's dead, especially with Dale gone-- Shane has been conductor on the crazy train for a while now. Daryl will make a much better right-hand man for Rick-- sane and savvy, yet still a contrast.

As usual, the writing and acting were about the best you'll find on TV. Rick's reaction to having to kill his best friend, despite all the guy had done was heartbreaking-- and the fact that he did kill his best friend proved that Shane was wrong, and he can do the hard thing when necessary.

Venardhi wrote: View Post
Zombies should remain an environmental threat, but to focus on zombie-centric storys rather than the human drama makes no sense whatsoever. The zombies are there to challenge the characters and occasionally force their hand to change up the dynamic. Nothing more.
I agree. I hope they don't dumb it down.
Old March 12 2012, 11:45 PM   #1288
Borgminister

Me too, but too much morality (gray) play can make for excessive soap. Circumstances need to keep changing. One thing I like about this show is that everyone's expendable, apparently...
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2012, 12:54 AM   #1289
MPH
Rear Admiral

Psylent1 wrote: View Post
As to the Herd showing up, I think it has been building all season. The primary sense for the Walkers seems to be scent, it is how they recognize each other, so burning all the walkers from the barn may have put an invitation in the air.

Add in at least two dead cows, Dale and Randal and you got blood scent in the air to draw them closer. It is also possible that some of the Herd is following the scent of the Walkers that we have seen. Who knows, maybe a dead Walker attracts other walkers. You swat a bee, it releases a pheromone that tells other bees "Sting here".
I have read the whole plot for the next episode and the way the zombies show is kinda credible.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13 2012, 01:39 AM   #1290
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

The fact that they weren't noticed earlier (say, when they were on their rampage earlier that day) is the only thing that strains credibility to me.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote