Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 5 2012, 07:19 AM   #1156
Ryan
Commodore

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Well, we did learn that there's nothing Rick and Lori won't do to protect Carl... except actually watch him.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 08:14 AM   #1157
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

That's what I was thinking. Rick chastises him for talking back to Carol, then doesn't ask him to go back to the house or to their tent? Where was Lori? How do they just let him wander around?

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 09:29 AM   #1158
pork3
Commander

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
That's what I was thinking. Rick chastises him for talking back to Carol, then doesn't ask him to go back to the house or to their tent? Where was Lori? How do they just let him wander around?
There have been times that I've wanted Carl to bite the bullet admittedly.

Shame that we lost yet another of the group, especially one that proved to act as a check against the more unsavory elements. I wonder if more interesting characters will join the group down the line.

-Jamman
pork3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 10:46 AM   #1159
Caliburn24
Commodore

The moral dilemma of what to do with Randal was interesting, until the writers let the show down again.

Randal admits to being an accessory to multiple child rapes early in the episode, but that is somehow forgotten or just ignored by Daryl and the rest of our heroes. Plots that require our protagonists to be stupid are just sloppy. Plus, if the writers are trying to create some moral ambiguity(as they seemed to be doing with the rest of the episode) why make Randal a villain from the get go?

And without knowing spoilers about either the comic or the show, that meeting of everyone in the living room of the house spelled doom. Too many people to maintain as a cast, they couldn't even give everyone even a single line(hello T-Dawg). That number is going to shrink drastically in the final two episodes of this season I am going to guess.
Caliburn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 11:57 AM   #1160
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Alpha Romeo wrote: View Post
Great episode...anyone else think AMC's little goof last week wasn't a goof at all?
Why would we think it wasn't? That spoiler has happened yet.
Old March 5 2012, 02:11 PM   #1161
Tosk
Rear Admiral

Caliburn24 wrote: View Post
Randal admits to being an accessory to multiple child rapes early in the episode, but that is somehow forgotten or just ignored by Daryl and the rest of our heroes. Plots that require our protagonists to be stupid are just sloppy. Plus, if the writers are trying to create some moral ambiguity(as they seemed to be doing with the rest of the episode) why make Randal a villain from the get go?
Because it was never about killing a good man, it was about killing any man in cold blood.

...In my opinion.
Tosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 02:18 PM   #1162
Disruptor
Commodore

One thing that bugged me when I thought about it. So the "swamp zombie" guts a cow...instead of gorging on bovine guts, it waits for Dale to come and seems to ambush him. Walkers aren't sneaky. Maybe Dale was just too distracted.
Disruptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 04:17 PM   #1163
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

Ryan wrote: View Post
Well, we did learn that there's nothing Rick and Lori won't do to protect Carl... except actually watch him.

Quote of the day!
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 04:22 PM   #1164
Scout101
Admiral

Yeah, no idea how that zombie would sneak up on Dale, and no reason TO do it, as he had plenty of cow he hadn't finished yet. Not sure if the cow was just in pain, or trying to turn into a zombie, based on the noises and amount of damage. Either way, for the zombie to quit snacking, hide, sneak up behind Dale... Bad writing.

that said, glad it happened. Dale was interesting at the beginning, but has basically done nothing but drag the show down and just whine since then. Was really getting tired of that character, so hopefully his death can accomplish more than his bitching...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 04:33 PM   #1165
marillion
Vice Admiral

View marillion's Twitter Profile

Lots of drama last night.. and GOOD drama too boot.. I'm sorry for the loss of Dale, but while I won't go so far as to say that he's been dragging the rest of the cast down, he's pretty much been a one-note "anti-anything Shane says" character most of the season.. Plus, as far as moral compasses go, the group has Rick, who is far more effective in the long run.

LOVED the gut ripping scene... Very graphic indeed and I enjoyed the explination on how it was done, afterward on Talking Dead... But it does beg the question..

Had Dale survived by some miracle, would he have "gone zombie" even though he hadn't been bitten? I'm thinking back to the guards at the DOT service yard last week, who showed no visible signs of being bitten but were, perhaps scratched...
Old March 5 2012, 04:37 PM   #1166
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Is it just me or is Carl turning out to be a little $#!t?
Part of me wanted his confrontation to not go in his favor and then seeing the result of that..Man…

AND please figure out what you are going to do with your captive, that crap is starting to drag on like it did with Sophia.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 04:42 PM   #1167
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

they said a scratch would do it. That was a pretty big scratch. I didn't think the zombie snuck up on him. The whole time he was looking at the cow though I was thinking OMG look around for the zombie! More likely the zombie ate a couple bites of cow then noticed the lights and wandered away from the cow, then saw dale.
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 04:43 PM   #1168
Agent Richard07
Admiral

- If I were Randall, I wouldn'y join a group of people who tried to kill me.

- Dale getting killed was quite a surprise.

- I do find it interesting that they're making a big deal out of Randall, but letting people like Daryl into the group or going back for his brother wasn't much of an issue.

- I sided with Dale. Killing Randall seemed too extreme, but then again, I'm not in their predicament.

- I figured that they wouldn't kill Randall. Something like that could make the characters less sympathetic and hurt the show.

- As for Dale not noticing the zombie, I just dismissed it as the usual trope where people on TV don't hear others sneaking up on them.

Caliburn24 wrote: View Post
There probably wasn't much he could do. He was a kid and he went with the flow and did what he had to do to stay alive and in the good graces of the people he was with.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 04:44 PM   #1169
Ryan8bit
Commodore

Ryan wrote: View Post
Yeah, I kept wondering where exactly his parents were. I guess they're the balking dead...

It's almost like every episode now we get to look forward to "who makes the ridiculously dumb decision tonight?" If this were a drinking game we'd all get ripped.
Ryan8bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5 2012, 05:30 PM   #1170
wissaboo
Captain

View wissaboo's Twitter Profile

So if the cdc guy told Rick that everyone has the virus and will change after death no matter how they die, why would Rick be considering hanging Randall? and why wouldn't he be in a hurry to shoot Dale?
wissaboo is offline   Reply With Quote