Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Retro Review: Covenant
By: Michelle on Nov 22

Two Official Starships Collection Previews
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Saldana: Women Issues In Hollywood
By: T'Bonz on Nov 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 21 2012, 07:26 PM   #991
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Understand the group need to recover and survive, but from the perspective of someone watching the show, I wanna see them wander and explore the wrecked landscape. I wanna see them get some tidbits of what the hell happened, why, and if there's any chance of putting things back together.

this is more realistic, but it's also kinda boring. They did a better job of this in the first 7 episodes, IMO, as we introduced the problem, explored a little, and went to the CDC to try and see what's going on. Since then, lots of playing house on the farm. I wanna see the group get back out there!

Can argue that this is more REALISTIC, but if they wanna go down that road, they'd just turn the farm into a fortified bunker, and we'd get to watch them live there for years. Not very compelling tv, though...
You put your finger on what's missing which is a grander perspective on how the world melts down.

People though who follow the comic book series as I understand it would object though to break from that cannon which wasn't included in the comics.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 07:50 PM   #992
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

^^^
Yeah, but it's already broken from comic canon. Robert Kirkman even said he's doing that intentionally.

Shane is alive, Sophia is dead and Darryl never existed in the comic yet is a break out character on the show.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 09:27 PM   #993
MPH
Rear Admiral

This episode started off good then just went to shit again when they all returned to the farm. It will be such a wasted season if for all of it we haven't strayed away from the farm and with 4 episode left it looks like that is going to happen.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 09:34 PM   #994
Borgminister

Still outstanding, but they've got to be a bit careful about the gore/soap mix...
Borgminister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 09:51 PM   #995
Disruptor
Commodore

Borgminister wrote: View Post
Still outstanding, but they've got to be a bit careful about the gore/soap mix...
They should just follow the directions on the box.
Disruptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 10:10 PM   #996
AvBaur
Captain

View AvBaur's Twitter Profile

DarthTom wrote: View Post
I understand that every episode cannot be just fight the zombie heards but the group's stay in the farm is getting old.
Uhm... weren't they LITERALLY "fighting the zombie herds" in this one? This was probably the least time they spent at the farm since the season premiere.

I'm actually really enjoying the slow pace of the show and the human drama totally works for me. Maybe it's because I know what to expect as someone who's familiar with all the comics, but I really couldn't be much happier with the show.
Old February 21 2012, 10:19 PM   #997
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

AvBaur wrote: View Post
Uhm... weren't they LITERALLY "fighting the zombie herds" in this one? This was probably the least time they spent at the farm since the season premiere.

I'm actually really enjoying the slow pace of the show and the human drama totally works for me. Maybe it's because I know what to expect as someone who's familiar with all the comics, but I really couldn't be much happier with the show.
I'm just nitpicking. The Walking Dead is one of the best shows on TV today in my opinion.

I'd wager that like with Trek the fans of this show are very hard to please - all of them that is - because everyone has such high expectations.
Old February 21 2012, 10:49 PM   #998
Tom
Rear Admiral

What would make them leave the farm now, since they never listened to Hershal when he wanted them to go. I guess it will either get over run by a zombies herd or fighting with the other group of survivors will scare them off.

Owner - TrekUnited.com - Forum now re-open! click here
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21 2012, 10:55 PM   #999
sojourner
Admiral

Stiletto wrote: View Post
I think that in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse, society would begin using gang-signs and catchphrases more often. You see someone walking down the street, you do a gang-sign to show you're not a zombie and look for them to do some type of sign too. You enter a room, you say your catchphrase to not freak out anyone inside.
Or seeing as zombies don't talk or anything, they could just wave and say "hi".
Old February 21 2012, 10:59 PM   #1000
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Tom wrote: View Post
What would make them leave the farm now, since they never listened to Hershal when he wanted them to go. I guess it will either get over run by a zombies herd or fighting with the other group of survivors will scare them off.
I'm betting it will start with the latter and finish with the former. Survivors looking for a safe haven will find the farm and either by intent bring the zombies or by accident - the end result they'll over run the farm and everyone will be forced to leave.
Old February 21 2012, 11:15 PM   #1001
Stiletto
Fleet Captain

sojourner wrote: View Post
Stiletto wrote: View Post
I think that in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse, society would begin using gang-signs and catchphrases more often. You see someone walking down the street, you do a gang-sign to show you're not a zombie and look for them to do some type of sign too. You enter a room, you say your catchphrase to not freak out anyone inside.
Or seeing as zombies don't talk or anything, they could just wave and say "hi".
But, gang signs and catchphrases would be so much cooler!
Old February 21 2012, 11:15 PM   #1002
AvBaur
Captain

View AvBaur's Twitter Profile

I'd wager that like with Trek the fans of this show are very hard to please - all of them that is - because everyone has such high expectations.
Maybe. I just find it weird that now we finally have an all-out zombie show on TV and it's not only extremely successful, but frankly much better than anybody could have hoped for, and yet all people online seem to do is complain about it.
Old February 22 2012, 12:22 AM   #1003
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Not me. I have very little bad to say about this show.
Old February 22 2012, 01:07 AM   #1004
MPH
Rear Admiral

AvBaur wrote: View Post
Maybe. I just find it weird that now we finally have an all-out zombie show on TV and it's not only extremely successful, but frankly much better than anybody could have hoped for, and yet all people online seem to do is complain about it.
Thats probably because we hardly ever see any zombies. They need to get off this farm ASAP.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22 2012, 02:02 AM   #1005
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Borgminister wrote: View Post
Soapy gore, mmmmm.

Returning briefly to the CDC Guy's Big Secret, and then I'll stop, promise...maybe Beth's suspicious illness is a sign that you don't have to be bit by a zombie to become zombified. Maybe the virus is airborne and everyone is now a ticking clock.

If zombification after death is inevitable, who cares, people can learn to cope. But while you're still alive, regardless of the care you take to avoid being bit? Now that would be depressing!

Unless you're immune. Rick is immune. He already went through the no-bite-zombification process and survived.

Overall, this is a terrific show. I don't find it "too slow" at all, and any quibbles with characterization are easy to write off with "they're all under insane amounts of stress, what do you expect."
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote