Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 9 2011, 11:22 PM   #751
Kytee
Commander

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Akiraprise wrote: View Post
Trying to find a way back to civilization. It's still out there somewhere. A walker free city where people are working on fixing this mess
I'm curious how you would be so certain that civilization is still out there, you suggest the above would be better then

Akiraprise wrote:
wander the roads until bitten.
But it kinda seems like the same thing really, even if you are right , and civilization is still out there, finding it would be a needle in a haystack. Unless its not just 'out there' but also 'within a short distance' you could wander for ever and not stumble accross it. even if it is close, if you head the wrong way, you could never know it was just over that hill behind you,

-CG
Kytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9 2011, 11:23 PM   #752
sojourner
Admiral

^Radio, TV, smoke signals.....
Old December 9 2011, 11:48 PM   #753
Akiraprise

^ and Faith.

But more than likely some kind of signal would still be broadcasting advising survivors where to go.
Satan Alien: "You're in a dangerous profession Captain. You face death everyday. There will be another time, and I'll be waiting. Eventually you're coming to my matrix and you will nourish me for a long long time."
Janeway: "Go back to Hell. Coward."
Akiraprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2011, 10:50 AM   #754
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Exactly. If it was me, I'd get my people to some safe place and wait for some broadcast that I could trust. Traveling around not only puts you at risk of becoming Zombie food, but also of running into bands of survivors that are not quite so benign (like that biker gang in Dawn Of The Dead).
Old December 10 2011, 01:16 PM   #755
Jax
Admiral

In the Novels is the rest of the world ever mentioned? or is the outbreak limited to USA?

I would love to see the BBC try to adapt a UK version
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2011, 01:17 PM   #756
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher

Jax wrote: View Post
I would love to see the BBC try to adapt a UK version
I think that version of the show would be called World War Z.
Old December 10 2011, 02:48 PM   #757
Derishton
Vice Admiral

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Exactly. If it was me, I'd get my people to some safe place and wait for some broadcast that I could trust. Traveling around not only puts you at risk of becoming Zombie food, but also of running into bands of survivors that are not quite so benign (like that biker gang in Dawn Of The Dead).
But how would you know to trust a broadcast unless you went and found the source of the broadcast?
Old December 10 2011, 07:46 PM   #758
RJDementia13
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

^^ That's a good question (also good story material). But it would be better than wandering blindly in a world of hungry Zombies and unrestrained opportunists.
Old December 10 2011, 10:30 PM   #759
Derishton
Vice Admiral

Just to say something nice about the Resident Evil films, they've shown both approaches leading to more or less the same result - which I take to be deliberate, but I may be optimistic on that.
Old December 11 2011, 01:42 AM   #760
Kytee
Commander

In the Novels is the rest of the world ever mentioned? or is the outbreak limited to USA?
Ive read most of the comics and the novel, so far as I know

-GC
Kytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2011, 05:23 AM   #761
timothy
Rear Admiral

View timothy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Yahoo to timothy

issue #92 is out this week. and for those who read the comic you really need to get
the walking dead rise of the govenor it's aviable both on the nook and kindle.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/honorverse
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2011, 03:53 PM   #762
marillion
Vice Admiral

View marillion's Twitter Profile

Clark Griswold wrote: View Post
Ive read most of the comics and the novel, so far as I know

-GC
I'm not current with the comics at this point, but the way it and the tv show are presented, is that Rick and his rag-tag band exist in this microcosm within the state of Georgia.. All hell has broken loose there and they are just making it day to day... Because there's no power, there's no real way to know exactly what's going on outside their part of the world. Seattle or even Albuquerque could be a safe haven (having battled all those zombies from Santa Fe), but there's just no way for them to know.

In World War Z, the common practice was for civilization to head north to the upper reaches of Canada, since the zombies couldn't traverse in the sustained freezing cold.. Obviously, there's not much of a chance of that happening in Georgia.
Old December 23 2011, 06:33 PM   #763
Evil Twin
Rear Admiral

Just finished reading Compendium 1 of the comics yesterday (issues 1-48). The first half was a little slow, although ironically I found myself preferring the show's adaptation of events, since it tends to linger on the more emotional stuff whereas the comics just keep going-going-going (Amy's death is a good example). But then the Governor arc in the second half, holy crap, intense stuff! Anyway is there any word on when Compendium 2 is supposed to be out? I'm assuming not until at least issue 96 is out? Dying to know what happens next!
Old December 23 2011, 07:06 PM   #764
scnj
Captain

It'll be a few years yet I think. I gave up and started buying the trade paperbacks.
scnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23 2011, 09:32 PM   #765
Scout101
Admiral

marillion wrote: View Post
In World War Z, the common practice was for civilization to head north to the upper reaches of Canada, since the zombies couldn't traverse in the sustained freezing cold.. Obviously, there's not much of a chance of that happening in Georgia.
Science and common sense don't work in a zombie show, so don't see why that would be a problem. 100 degree heat (documented on screen by characters digging graves) would pose just as big a problem to a zombie as cold, and that hasn't slowed them down. They should be exploding like over-filled meat balloons all over Georgia...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote