Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 21 2011, 08:54 AM   #466
sojourner
Admiral

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

The attack in the pharmacy didn't make sense story wise. We either have to assume the zombie was there to begin with, in which case it decided not to bother with them when they had sex, or that it broke in. If it broke in, it must have used the back door as we clearly see the front entrance unmolested. Which brings up the question, was the backdoor weak? why didn't they "clear" the place before letting their guard down?
Old November 21 2011, 09:29 AM   #467
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Next week is the mid season finale already? Time flies...I expect something big happening next week with Sophia like she's zombiefied and is in the barn.
Old November 21 2011, 10:47 AM   #468
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Still no Sofia?

I'm starting to agree that it's dragging on a bit long.
Old November 21 2011, 03:16 PM   #469
TheBrew
Vice Admiral

Great episode except no Sophia. I have to imagine there is some RL issue at work here.
For one of us could drink it all alone. Damn near.
TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2011, 04:39 PM   #470
marillion
Vice Admiral

View marillion's Twitter Profile

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
Still no Sofia?

I'm starting to agree that it's dragging on a bit long.
I would agree that the storyline about Sofia would be dragging things down, except for the fact that life (such as it is) is going on and that the search for her is really just a subplot to further other subplots at this point. Even the diversion with Shane and Andrea last night... He didn't have a lead, he was just taking Andrea there to force her hand when it came to getting comfortable with a gun...

Unlike so many shows where a story arc just keeps going and going and going, we've got real character and story development going on in several different directions at this point.. So much to the point that I really don't mind the Sofia stuff..
Old November 21 2011, 06:14 PM   #471
Scout101
Admiral

Last night's episode felt a bit better. Still obviously saving things up for the mid-season finale, but at least we had some definite movement from a character standpoint, and it didn't feel as much like stalling/filler as most of this season had. First one I'm mostly happy with since the Premiere.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2011, 06:26 PM   #472
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
[...] why didn't they "clear" the place before letting their guard down?
This one's easy - complacency since they didn't encounter any zombies there the first time around. I can't recall how far into the building they went, but I'd have to imagine that they should have roused the zombie the first time if it had been there, so presumably it did make its way in through the back door.

marillion wrote: View Post
He didn't have a lead, he was just taking Andrea there to force her hand when it came to getting comfortable with a gun...
They did discuss the housing development at the beginning of the episode as being not far from the farm house where Daryl found signs of a small person and the creek where Daryl found the doll. While part of going there may have been to force Andrea's hand, it was a real possibility that Sophia had found her way there.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2011, 06:51 PM   #473
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

The attack in the pharmacy didn't make sense story wise. We either have to assume the zombie was there to begin with, in which case it decided not to bother with them when they had sex, or that it broke in. If it broke in, it must have used the back door as we clearly see the front entrance unmolested. Which brings up the question, was the backdoor weak? why didn't they "clear" the place before letting their guard down?
No. It heard or smelt them from the first time and somehow got in and couldnt get out. Makes perfect sense.
Old November 21 2011, 06:55 PM   #474
marillion
Vice Admiral

View marillion's Twitter Profile

PsychoPere wrote: View Post
[...] why didn't they "clear" the place before letting their guard down?
This one's easy - complacency since they didn't encounter any zombies there the first time around. I can't recall how far into the building they went, but I'd have to imagine that they should have roused the zombie the first time if it had been there, so presumably it did make its way in through the back door.

marillion wrote: View Post
He didn't have a lead, he was just taking Andrea there to force her hand when it came to getting comfortable with a gun...
They did discuss the housing development at the beginning of the episode as being not far from the farm house where Daryl found signs of a small person and the creek where Daryl found the doll. While part of going there may have been to force Andrea's hand, it was a real possibility that Sophia had found her way there.
Ahhh... I must have missed that.. Thanks!
Old November 21 2011, 07:09 PM   #475
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Last night's episode felt a bit better. Still obviously saving things up for the mid-season finale, but at least we had some definite movement from a character standpoint, and it didn't feel as much like stalling/filler as most of this season had. First one I'm mostly happy with since the Premiere.

Very good episode IMO. Many of the hidden lies are exposed in the group IIRC only leaving Shane's shooting of Otis a secret.

Still unresolved from my point of view is why the farm remains a zombie safe haven whereas the neighborhood that Shane and Andrea go to to look for Sophia is swarming with zombies. You'd think one of them would stumble upon the farm at this point?

As an aside, in terms of choices to see the "living dead," The Walking Dead IMO is academy award winning material in comparison to the big screen film Twilight which I hadn't followed until seeing it over the weekend. Talk about what can be best summarized is Dracula Meets Cheerleader High and a love story inserted for good measure, was extremely disappointing. I'll never get back those two hours of my life sadly.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2011, 10:33 PM   #476
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

I'm glad next week is the last before the mid-season break because I think I'm finally getting sick of the incessant soap opera. It's been good for character-building but the characters are pretty well built now (at least the ones the writers are investing in, the others are zombie bait) and I'm up for some good old fashioned zombie carnage!!!
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2011, 10:36 PM   #477
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

Next week is not the season finale. The show is merely going on hiatus, with the remainder of the season slated to begin airing February 12.
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2011, 10:37 PM   #478
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Yeah I corrected that. I'd hate to think it was all over for another year! I feel like the damn story hasn't even started yet, let's get it moving!
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2011, 11:52 PM   #479
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Sigh. Poor Sofia.

Still, aside from that, this was another great episode. Glenn is hilarious. "He has no guile." Indeed.

And Dale confronts Shane. And gets his life threatened for his troubles. Shane is going from pathetic loser to dangerous liability.
Old November 21 2011, 11:54 PM   #480
Ryan
Commodore

There just isn't a scene where Lori isn't dragging the whole damn show down. She complains about everything. Her marriage, Shane, Rick, raising a child, being pregnant. I honestly can't recall a single positive thing she's done for the group. It's like Lori only exists to nag.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote