TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old May 15 2012, 09:30 AM   #1816
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Probably the same way I was always running off and doing shit without anybody knowing when I was a kid.
Old May 15 2012, 06:23 PM   #1817
Alpha Romeo
Vice Admiral

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
And I just got an email from Amazon about this.
Played it. its ok. Not awesome, but OK if you like puzzle games. It's a little clunky though.
Old May 23 2012, 10:12 PM   #1818
PsychoPere
Vice Admiral

First look at Danai Gurira as Michonne!
PsychoPere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2012, 07:28 PM   #1819
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Uh-oh.

A witness says a naked man chewing on the face of another naked man on a downtown highway ramp kept eating and growled at a police officer who tried to make him stop.

"The guy was, like, tearing him to pieces with his mouth, so I told him, 'Get off!'" Vega said. "The guy just kept eating the other guy away, like, ripping his skin."

Vega flagged down a Miami police officer, who he said repeatedly ordered the attacker to get off the victim. The attacker just picked his head up and growled at the officer, Vega said.
Growled??? Probably just too much meth, right? Right?

Have a Happy Memorial Day, folks, I'm headed to Big 5 to stock up on crossbows...
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2012, 07:38 PM   #1820
the G-man
Commodore

God DAMN it, Temis. Now I've got the heebie jeebies. Thanks.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28 2012, 09:07 PM   #1821
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

And so it begins.
Old May 28 2012, 10:01 PM   #1822
Kosh Naranek
Captain

Wow! That is totally disturbing.
Old May 28 2012, 10:31 PM   #1823
Caligula
Vice Admiral

"Hide your kids, hide your wife and hide you husband 'cause they eatin' everybody out here!"
Caligula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29 2012, 12:28 AM   #1824
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Location: Beyond the wall of sleep, somewhere south of Seattle.

Probably the same way I was always running off and doing shit without anybody knowing when I was a kid.
All kids do. But the writers could show that without making the kid into such a useless little bastard.

And I just got an email from Amazon about this.
I've watched a playthrough. It actually looks pretty interesting. An old style point and click adventure featuring mostly original characters. Plan on picking it up when I have a little spare cash.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12 2012, 01:37 AM   #1825
the G-man
Commodore

the G-man wrote: View Post
Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
All the nice Latino lads and nurses who stayed behind in Atlanta to look after the elderly people at that nursing home/hospital are in for a nasty surprise...

Yeah, I've been thinking that ever since we saw them in that nursing home...
'The Walking Dead': Deleted scene from original season 2 opening reveals abandoned storyline -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
  • In this exclusive clip following Shane’s rescue, we see the survivors trying to seek shelter with some familiar faces from season 1— Guillermo and the Vatos. But when Rick and Co. arrive back at the nursing home where Glenn was once held hostage, well…the people they find there are not people at all, setting off a frenzied attack. Click on the video player below to see for yourself.

And to see what happens when they go inside the building, as well as to hear showrunner Glen Mazzara’s very candid commentary on why the entire escape from Atlanta storyline was cut, check out the set when it is released on August 28.

Looks like they got that nasty surprise pretty quickly, after all...
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2012, 03:52 PM   #1826
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

This kind of made local celebrity news here in Atlanta. Apparently Scott Walker in real life isn't that different than his character, Herschel.

Atlanta Business Chronicle
'The Walking Dead' star Scott Wilson was arrested for DUI and failure to maintain lane in Peachtree City, where the series sometimes films, reports Atlanta Business Chronicle broadcast partner WXIA-TV.
According to a police report of the arrest that occurred last week, an officer observed a PT Cruiser driving erratically in the area of Highway 74. The officer made a U-turn, began to pursue the vehicle and performed a routine traffic stop, the station reported.
According to the officer, during the stop he noticed a "strong" stench of alcohol coming from the vehicle. Wilson,70, told the officer he was leaving Founder's Restaurant in Senioa and that he had several drinks --- namely scotch and wine, WXIA-TV reported.
Wilson was arrested after several sobriety tests were administered, the station reported.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2012, 03:56 PM   #1827
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Oh dude. Why would you mess up your twilight years like that? You've got a job on a great show....everything's just too good? Sorry--alcoholics confound me. They're just compelled to destroy themselves and everything good in their lives.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2012, 04:10 PM   #1828
Beagleman
Captain

Oh dude. Why would you mess up your twilight years like that? You've got a job on a great show....everything's just too good? Sorry--alcoholics confound me. They're just compelled to destroy themselves and everything good in their lives.
Well, a) doesn't mean he's an alcoholic, a lot of people do stupid shit like that, though most of them tend to be a bit younger when they do, and b) it's not like alcoholics (or addicts of any kind) have much of a say in the matter.
Beagleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2012, 05:02 PM   #1829
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Meh, that's kind of harsh. Dick Cheney, former VP of the United States had 2 DUI's, and GW Bush had one.

Besides, hasn't hurt among many other celebrities like Keifer Sutherland who also has a DUI their career.

Dumb yes, dangerous yes. A mistake that many have made.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28 2012, 06:11 PM   #1830
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

DarthTom wrote: View Post
This kind of made local celebrity news here in Atlanta. Apparently Scott Walker in real life isn't that different than his character, Herschel.
Scott Walker?
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote