RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 141,422
Posts: 5,506,705
Members: 25,130
Currently online: 561
Newest member: wilpatbenthe3

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Paramount Star Trek 3 Expectations
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 20 2012, 11:18 PM   #1576
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion
 
RJDonner&Blitzen's Avatar
 
Location: RJDiogenes of Boston
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Well, this was quite a finale. Herschel lost his farm and Rick has apparently lost his marbles; the group is in about as bad a place as they could be. Unfortunately, due to the action-packed nature of the episode, we didn't get the same depth of character interactions that we usually do, but it was still pretty good. I loved the scene with Glenn and Maggie in the car, the reunion on the highway (with the lingering shot of the message to Sophia, and especially Rick's breakdown-- pretty understandable after enduring a Zombie Apocalypse, months of continuous conflict, having to kill his best friend and being driven out of a safe haven. I just hope they don't take the lazy way out with him next season. He's too good an actor and his character arc has been too interesting to just send him to the dark side.

And Rutina Wesley? Sweet.
__________________
Please stop by my Gallery and YouTube Page for a visit. And read Trunkards! And check out my Heroes essays.
RJDonner&Blitzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 11:26 PM   #1577
AvBaur
Captain
 
AvBaur's Avatar
 
Location: Munich, Germany
View AvBaur's Twitter Profile
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
And Rutina Wesley? Sweet.
It's not Rutina Wesley. I don't even know where that came from; the official casting announcement is here: http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...s-michonne.php
__________________
HIPSTERS IN HELL - my webcomic: http://www.hipsters-comic.com
AvBaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 11:27 PM   #1578
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Anyone think it was funny of Glenn professing his love for Maggie "all along" or something to that effect? As if it had been months since they had come to the farm instead of what? 2 weeks?
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 11:41 PM   #1579
Venardhi
Vice Admiral
 
Venardhi's Avatar
 
Location: Constant transit
Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

There have been a few small time jumps if I'm not mistaken. I'd say they were on the farm closer to a couple months than a couple weeks.
__________________
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 12:18 AM   #1580
Capt. Vulcan
Vice Admiral
 
Location: PlanetExpress Ship
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Herschel: What about Jimmy?

Rick: Uh... he didn't make it, the RV was overrun.

Hershel: What? How did the walkers overrun a moving motor home?

Rick: Oh, I yelled at him to pull it over by the awning so my son and I could jump on the roof.

Hershel: What the fuck? Why didn't you just stay on the roof where it was safe? Why did you make my son in law park the motorhome next to a horde of zombies?

Rick: Well... I had set the barn on fire.

Hershel: ...

Rick: It killed like 8 zombies?

Hershel: I want you off my goddamn farm.

Rick: ...

Hershel: Actually nevermind, please stay on the farm.
__________________
She's so great. I feel like I can almost remember the magical thing I did to make her love me. But I guess I never will.
Capt. Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 12:43 AM   #1581
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Chicago, IL
View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Capt. Vulcan wrote: View Post
Herschel: What about Jimmy?

Rick: Uh... he didn't make it, the RV was overrun.

Hershel: What? How did the walkers overrun a moving motor home?

Rick: Oh, I yelled at him to pull it over by the awning so my son and I could jump on the roof.

Hershel: What the fuck? Why didn't you just stay on the roof where it was safe? Why did you make my son in law park the motorhome next to a horde of zombies?

Rick: Well... I had set the barn on fire.

Hershel: ...

Rick: It killed like 8 zombies?

Hershel: I want you off my goddamn farm.

Rick: ...

Hershel: Actually nevermind, please stay on the farm.
To be perfectly honest...I still don't get HOW the zombies got Jimmy? Was he a dumb ass and forget to lock the damn door? The door swings out so the zombies would have had to been able to open it. Additionally...why exactly did he stop and run to the back anyway? Once they were on the roof all he had to do was drive over to a safer spot and then let them in. As long as Rick and Carl held on they would have been ok. Jimmy's death was the only one that did not work for me since I could not figure out how the Zombies got to him.
__________________
Well maybe I'm the faggot America.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Now everybody do the propaganda.
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 12:52 AM   #1582
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Chicago, IL
View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

One thought on Lori...

Apparently Kirkman has suggested that Lori's reaction was that she was angry with herself. That does not match what we saw on screen...but that COULD be a plausible reaction. After all, Lori knows something that Rick does not...Lori's final conversation is what set Shane off.

Lori caused Shane to snap. If you watch the episode, prior to that conversation, Shane seemed almost resigned to his fate and the fact that Rick was in charge. He could see that he was slowly being replaced and that his behavior was making him more of an outsider. As he said to Lori...he did not expect any help.

Then Lori opened her big mouth and Shane snapped. If Lori had kept her mouth shut, Shane would still be alive. But instead she pushed him to the breaking point. Right after that he decides to kill Randall and then Rick. Lori has to know that's what happened and that might explain her odd behavior. How does she tell Rick that he own actions probably caused his best friend to try and kill him.
__________________
Well maybe I'm the faggot America.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Now everybody do the propaganda.
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 01:01 AM   #1583
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Gotham Central wrote: View Post
To be perfectly honest...I still don't get HOW the zombies got Jimmy? Was he a dumb ass and forget to lock the damn door?
I think Jimmy unlocked the door for Rick and Carl to get in, not understanding that those two were near the top of the barn and could only jump onto the roof of the RV to escape.

If that was the real reason why the door was unlocked, the dumbass deserved to get ripped apart by the walkers.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 01:08 AM   #1584
Sindatur
Vice Admiral
 
Sindatur's Avatar
 
Location: Sacramento, CA
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Dream wrote: View Post
Gotham Central wrote: View Post
To be perfectly honest...I still don't get HOW the zombies got Jimmy? Was he a dumb ass and forget to lock the damn door?
I think Jimmy unlocked the door for Rick and Carl to get in, not understanding that those two were near the top of the barn and could only jump onto the roof of the RV to escape.

If that was the real reason why the door was unlocked, the dumbass deserved to get ripped apart by the walkers.
That's what I thought, miscommunication, he thought he was letting them in, though he should've figured that was a bad plan with 10 Zombies surrounding the door
__________________
One Day I hope to be the Man my Cat thinks I am

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 01:11 AM   #1585
Santa Horrible
Tom Hendricks
 
Santa Horrible's Avatar
 
Location: Syracuse NY
View Santa Horrible's Twitter Profile
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

The one thing I really liked was that they didn't make the killing of Shane the cliffhanger. I think most shows would have ended it there. I really liked that he died in the episode before the cliffhanger.
__________________
Now she's here shining in the starlight, Now she's here, suddenly I know. If she's here, it's crystal clear, I'm where I'm meant to go

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Santa Horrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 01:27 AM   #1586
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

sojourner wrote: View Post
Anyone think it was funny of Glenn professing his love for Maggie "all along" or something to that effect? As if it had been months since they had come to the farm instead of what? 2 weeks?
I think Glenn really does love her, but a small part of telling her that was to calm her down too.

I was really worried that Maggie was going to crash the car during the entire scene. Glenn was smart to take over as driver.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 01:32 AM   #1587
MPH
Rear Admiral
 
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Gotham Central wrote: View Post
Capt. Vulcan wrote: View Post
Herschel: What about Jimmy?

Rick: Uh... he didn't make it, the RV was overrun.

Hershel: What? How did the walkers overrun a moving motor home?

Rick: Oh, I yelled at him to pull it over by the awning so my son and I could jump on the roof.

Hershel: What the fuck? Why didn't you just stay on the roof where it was safe? Why did you make my son in law park the motorhome next to a horde of zombies?

Rick: Well... I had set the barn on fire.

Hershel: ...

Rick: It killed like 8 zombies?

Hershel: I want you off my goddamn farm.

Rick: ...

Hershel: Actually nevermind, please stay on the farm.
To be perfectly honest...I still don't get HOW the zombies got Jimmy? Was he a dumb ass and forget to lock the damn door? The door swings out so the zombies would have had to been able to open it. Additionally...why exactly did he stop and run to the back anyway? Once they were on the roof all he had to do was drive over to a safer spot and then let them in. As long as Rick and Carl held on they would have been ok. Jimmy's death was the only one that did not work for me since I could not figure out how the Zombies got to him.
It was just an easy way of getting rid of him as he was just really an glorified extra plus it took the RV out of the series aswell. I do agree though the whole scene didn't make much sense.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 01:39 AM   #1588
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral
 
Location: Chicago, IL
View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Dream wrote: View Post
Gotham Central wrote: View Post
To be perfectly honest...I still don't get HOW the zombies got Jimmy? Was he a dumb ass and forget to lock the damn door?
I think Jimmy unlocked the door for Rick and Carl to get in, not understanding that those two were near the top of the barn and could only jump onto the roof of the RV to escape.

If that was the real reason why the door was unlocked, the dumbass deserved to get ripped apart by the walkers.
That's what I thought, miscommunication, he thought he was letting them in, though he should've figured that was a bad plan with 10 Zombies surrounding the door
Wait...he knew they would be on the roof. There's a hatch up there that opens from the inside. Why would he open the door?
__________________
Well maybe I'm the faggot America.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Now everybody do the propaganda.
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 01:48 AM   #1589
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Gotham Central wrote: View Post
Wait...he knew they would be on the roof. There's a hatch up there that opens from the inside. Why would he open the door?
I don't think he did. Darly clearly only told Jimmy to circle around the barn and check the back. He must have just asummed Rick and Carl were on the ground.

It is either that or the RV was never locked in the first place, which makes Jimmy look even worst.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 05:05 AM   #1590
Dorian Thompson
Admiral
 
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

I agree with the poster upthread who had reservations about Michonne appearing. I'll give the character a chance, of course, but I'm one of those people who never read the comics either. TWD is fairly grounded in reality with real people in an extraordinary ZA kind of circumstance. When I saw Michonne with her chained zombies, it was a very "sword and sorcerer" image. I found it jarring in a bad way. It may work. I hope it works. But as someone unfamiliar with the comics, I can understand a reaction to her presence.

Apparently Kirkman has suggested that Lori's reaction was that she was angry with herself. That does not match what we saw on screen...but that COULD be a plausible reaction. After all, Lori knows something that Rick does not...Lori's final conversation is what set Shane off.
Plausible, but you're so right that it doesn't match what we saw on screen. With all due respect to the poster who noticed that her facial expression didn't change until Rick told her about Carl, what I can't get over is that she was in physical contact with him to comfort Rick about the group's reaction to the virus reveal, but that she backed away when he told her he'd killed Shane. All I can do is filter that through what I think I'd do--if I thought my actions had caused a lethal situation for which someone else was blaming himself or herself, that last thing I'd do is actively try to make them feel like shit. But that's just me. Lori's behavior is bipolar.

Also, what does Lori expect Rick to do to keep Carl from "turning stone cold" as she said right after Sophia met her fate? Rick didn't kill Randall because Carl was watching. He had to shoot Sophia--no choice. If Lori had actually kept an eye on Carl he wouldn't constantly be getting out of the house. Gender roles you were speaking of to Andrea, Lori? Remember that? No, Mr. Kirkman, the character didn't come across as "angry at herself." She came across as judgmental, unfair, and just plain wrong. Zombie chow.
__________________
http://www.noahswish.com

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
frank darabont, horror, robert kirkman, the walking dead, twd, zombies

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.