Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old March 20 2012, 11:18 PM   #1576
RJDonner&Blitzen
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Well, this was quite a finale. Herschel lost his farm and Rick has apparently lost his marbles; the group is in about as bad a place as they could be. Unfortunately, due to the action-packed nature of the episode, we didn't get the same depth of character interactions that we usually do, but it was still pretty good. I loved the scene with Glenn and Maggie in the car, the reunion on the highway (with the lingering shot of the message to Sophia, and especially Rick's breakdown-- pretty understandable after enduring a Zombie Apocalypse, months of continuous conflict, having to kill his best friend and being driven out of a safe haven. I just hope they don't take the lazy way out with him next season. He's too good an actor and his character arc has been too interesting to just send him to the dark side.

And Rutina Wesley? Sweet.
Old March 20 2012, 11:26 PM   #1577
AvBaur
Captain

View AvBaur's Twitter Profile

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
And Rutina Wesley? Sweet.
It's not Rutina Wesley. I don't even know where that came from; the official casting announcement is here: http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...s-michonne.php
Old March 20 2012, 11:27 PM   #1578
sojourner
Admiral

Anyone think it was funny of Glenn professing his love for Maggie "all along" or something to that effect? As if it had been months since they had come to the farm instead of what? 2 weeks?
Old March 20 2012, 11:41 PM   #1579
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

There have been a few small time jumps if I'm not mistaken. I'd say they were on the farm closer to a couple months than a couple weeks.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 12:18 AM   #1580
Capt. Vulcan
Vice Admiral

Herschel: What about Jimmy?

Rick: Uh... he didn't make it, the RV was overrun.

Hershel: What? How did the walkers overrun a moving motor home?

Rick: Oh, I yelled at him to pull it over by the awning so my son and I could jump on the roof.

Hershel: What the fuck? Why didn't you just stay on the roof where it was safe? Why did you make my son in law park the motorhome next to a horde of zombies?

Rick: Well... I had set the barn on fire.

Hershel: ...

Rick: It killed like 8 zombies?

Hershel: I want you off my goddamn farm.

Rick: ...

Hershel: Actually nevermind, please stay on the farm.
Old March 21 2012, 12:43 AM   #1581
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile

Capt. Vulcan wrote: View Post

Rick: Oh, I yelled at him to pull it over by the awning so my son and I could jump on the roof.

Hershel: What the fuck? Why didn't you just stay on the roof where it was safe? Why did you make my son in law park the motorhome next to a horde of zombies?

To be perfectly honest...I still don't get HOW the zombies got Jimmy? Was he a dumb ass and forget to lock the damn door? The door swings out so the zombies would have had to been able to open it. Additionally...why exactly did he stop and run to the back anyway? Once they were on the roof all he had to do was drive over to a safer spot and then let them in. As long as Rick and Carl held on they would have been ok. Jimmy's death was the only one that did not work for me since I could not figure out how the Zombies got to him.
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 12:52 AM   #1582
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

One thought on Lori...

Apparently Kirkman has suggested that Lori's reaction was that she was angry with herself. That does not match what we saw on screen...but that COULD be a plausible reaction. After all, Lori knows something that Rick does not...Lori's final conversation is what set Shane off.

Lori caused Shane to snap. If you watch the episode, prior to that conversation, Shane seemed almost resigned to his fate and the fact that Rick was in charge. He could see that he was slowly being replaced and that his behavior was making him more of an outsider. As he said to Lori...he did not expect any help.

Then Lori opened her big mouth and Shane snapped. If Lori had kept her mouth shut, Shane would still be alive. But instead she pushed him to the breaking point. Right after that he decides to kill Randall and then Rick. Lori has to know that's what happened and that might explain her odd behavior. How does she tell Rick that he own actions probably caused his best friend to try and kill him.

Green Day
Old March 21 2012, 01:01 AM   #1583
Dream
Admiral

Gotham Central wrote: View Post
To be perfectly honest...I still don't get HOW the zombies got Jimmy? Was he a dumb ass and forget to lock the damn door?
I think Jimmy unlocked the door for Rick and Carl to get in, not understanding that those two were near the top of the barn and could only jump onto the roof of the RV to escape.

If that was the real reason why the door was unlocked, the dumbass deserved to get ripped apart by the walkers.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 01:08 AM   #1584
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Dream wrote: View Post
To be perfectly honest...I still don't get HOW the zombies got Jimmy? Was he a dumb ass and forget to lock the damn door?
I think Jimmy unlocked the door for Rick and Carl to get in, not understanding that those two were near the top of the barn and could only jump onto the roof of the RV to escape.

If that was the real reason why the door was unlocked, the dumbass deserved to get ripped apart by the walkers.
That's what I thought, miscommunication, he thought he was letting them in, though he should've figured that was a bad plan with 10 Zombies surrounding the door

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 01:11 AM   #1585
Santa Horrible
Tom Hendricks

View Santa Horrible's Twitter Profile

The one thing I really liked was that they didn't make the killing of Shane the cliffhanger. I think most shows would have ended it there. I really liked that he died in the episode before the cliffhanger.

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Santa Horrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 01:27 AM   #1586
Dream
Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
Anyone think it was funny of Glenn professing his love for Maggie "all along" or something to that effect? As if it had been months since they had come to the farm instead of what? 2 weeks?
I think Glenn really does love her, but a small part of telling her that was to calm her down too.

I was really worried that Maggie was going to crash the car during the entire scene. Glenn was smart to take over as driver.
Old March 21 2012, 01:32 AM   #1587
MPH
Rear Admiral

Capt. Vulcan wrote: View Post

To be perfectly honest...I still don't get HOW the zombies got Jimmy? Was he a dumb ass and forget to lock the damn door? The door swings out so the zombies would have had to been able to open it. Additionally...why exactly did he stop and run to the back anyway? Once they were on the roof all he had to do was drive over to a safer spot and then let them in. As long as Rick and Carl held on they would have been ok. Jimmy's death was the only one that did not work for me since I could not figure out how the Zombies got to him.
It was just an easy way of getting rid of him as he was just really an glorified extra plus it took the RV out of the series aswell. I do agree though the whole scene didn't make much sense.
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21 2012, 01:39 AM   #1588
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Dream wrote: View Post

That's what I thought, miscommunication, he thought he was letting them in, though he should've figured that was a bad plan with 10 Zombies surrounding the door
Wait...he knew they would be on the roof. There's a hatch up there that opens from the inside. Why would he open the door?

Green Day
Old March 21 2012, 01:48 AM   #1589
Dream
Admiral

Wait...he knew they would be on the roof. There's a hatch up there that opens from the inside. Why would he open the door?
I don't think he did. Darly clearly only told Jimmy to circle around the barn and check the back. He must have just asummed Rick and Carl were on the ground.

It is either that or the RV was never locked in the first place, which makes Jimmy look even worst.
Old March 21 2012, 05:05 AM   #1590
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I agree with the poster upthread who had reservations about Michonne appearing. I'll give the character a chance, of course, but I'm one of those people who never read the comics either. TWD is fairly grounded in reality with real people in an extraordinary ZA kind of circumstance. When I saw Michonne with her chained zombies, it was a very "sword and sorcerer" image. I found it jarring in a bad way. It may work. I hope it works. But as someone unfamiliar with the comics, I can understand a reaction to her presence.

Apparently Kirkman has suggested that Lori's reaction was that she was angry with herself. That does not match what we saw on screen...but that COULD be a plausible reaction. After all, Lori knows something that Rick does not...Lori's final conversation is what set Shane off.
Plausible, but you're so right that it doesn't match what we saw on screen. With all due respect to the poster who noticed that her facial expression didn't change until Rick told her about Carl, what I can't get over is that she was in physical contact with him to comfort Rick about the group's reaction to the virus reveal, but that she backed away when he told her he'd killed Shane. All I can do is filter that through what I think I'd do--if I thought my actions had caused a lethal situation for which someone else was blaming himself or herself, that last thing I'd do is actively try to make them feel like shit. But that's just me. Lori's behavior is bipolar.

Also, what does Lori expect Rick to do to keep Carl from "turning stone cold" as she said right after Sophia met her fate? Rick didn't kill Randall because Carl was watching. He had to shoot Sophia--no choice. If Lori had actually kept an eye on Carl he wouldn't constantly be getting out of the house. Gender roles you were speaking of to Andrea, Lori? Remember that? No, Mr. Kirkman, the character didn't come across as "angry at herself." She came across as judgmental, unfair, and just plain wrong. Zombie chow.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote