RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,632
Posts: 5,427,472
Members: 24,810
Currently online: 499
Newest member: Rom

TrekToday headlines

Trek Messenger Bag
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

Star Trek Live In Concert In Australia
By: T'Bonz on Sep 18

IDW Publishing December Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Sep 17

September Loot Crate Features Trek Surprise
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

USS Enterprise Miniature Out For Refit
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Comic Crossover
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 20 2012, 01:28 AM   #1546
MPH
Rear Admiral
 
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

[QUOTE=propita;6032566]Spoiler on Michonne in the new Playboy. It explains who the two zombies are and why they're on chains.

If the zombie herd was heading out of the city, why wouldn't our group want to be BEHIND them? Staying in front of them means the herd is always chasing them; being behind the herd should give some rest.

And shouldn't the herd be decomposing more and more? I can understand that there could be new zombies as people die, or evidently, the zombie-flu takes them over (a la Shane).[/QUOTE]

There is no zombie flu
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 01:55 AM   #1547
Snaploud
Admiral
 
Snaploud's Avatar
 
Location: Massachusetts, USA
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

I'm still reading through the recent posts, but I just wanted to say:

This is the episode in which live-action (as opposed to comic-book) Rick finally became an interesting character for me.
Snaploud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 02:23 AM   #1548
scnj
Captain
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

the G-man wrote: View Post
SonOfMogh wrote: View Post
sojourner wrote: View Post
God I'm getting tired of the "they can turn any moment even if they're still alive" and the "Rick is special/immune" crap.
Jesus Christ this...
I'm the G-man and I approve this message
I am Spartacus.


I'll have to do a rewatch at some point, but I think this might be my favourite episode since the pilot. Really tense throughout, everyone got to have their 'badass' moment, and it advanced the plot and characters while ratcheting up the action beats. Brilliant stuff.

As to the debate about them being in one location, I have no problem with that at all. It only becomes a problem when there's nothing moving the plot along at all. The search for Sophia really shouldn't have taken seven episodes, and as soon as that storyline was over, most of the complaints about them still being at the farm seemed to disappear. Still, with the casting of the Governor, things are sure to not be dull during season three's prison story. Although I do wonder how long they'll be there. I think it was something like six volumes in the comic. I'm not sure how wise it would be to condense that amount of story into 16 episodes.
scnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 05:26 AM   #1549
propita
Rear Admiral
 
Location: fresno, ca, us
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

[QUOTE=MPH;6032704]
propita wrote: View Post
Spoiler on Michonne in the new Playboy. It explains who the two zombies are and why they're on chains.

If the zombie herd was heading out of the city, why wouldn't our group want to be BEHIND them? Staying in front of them means the herd is always chasing them; being behind the herd should give some rest.

And shouldn't the herd be decomposing more and more? I can understand that there could be new zombies as people die, or evidently, the zombie-flu takes them over (a la Shane).[/QUOTE]

There is no zombie flu
I know it's not a flu, but whatever the contagion is. I used "flu" cause I couldn't think of contagion or whatever.

I hope I didn't upset you too much with my malapropism.
propita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 06:02 AM   #1550
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral
 
Location: Lost in Moria (Arlington, WA, USA)
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

scnj wrote: View Post
the G-man wrote: View Post
SonOfMogh wrote: View Post

Jesus Christ this...
I'm the G-man and I approve this message
I am Spartacus.


I'll have to do a rewatch at some point, but I think this might be my favourite episode since the pilot. Really tense throughout, everyone got to have their 'badass' moment, and it advanced the plot and characters while ratcheting up the action beats. Brilliant stuff.

As to the debate about them being in one location, I have no problem with that at all. It only becomes a problem when there's nothing moving the plot along at all. The search for Sophia really shouldn't have taken seven episodes, and as soon as that storyline was over, most of the complaints about them still being at the farm seemed to disappear.
I am Spartacus.

What the heck happened with Jimmy, anyway? They just walked right in. Did he forget to close the RV door, or is it not very secure?

I was getting kind of impatient with the Sophia thing until I realized they were doing that on purpose. Someone here pointed it out. They were putting the characters through the same impatience as the audience to ramp up the interpersonal tension.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 06:20 AM   #1551
Dorian Thompson
Admiral
 
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

I assumed that the door on the RV wasn't secure or that he hadn't closed it properly. I liked the ratcheting up of tension during the first half of the season. I couldn't believe people were complaining that it was too slow. Then again, I'm a Mad Men fan. I excel at enjoying sloooooow story telling. Mad Men makes the first half of TWD season 2 seem caffeinated.
__________________
http://www.noahswish.com

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 07:50 AM   #1552
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Great season finale. This season started slow, but the last half really picked up.

I really loved the opening walker attack on the farm. It was so action packed and there were plenty of intense moments. It felt like something out of a movie. I had a feeling people would die, and didn't mind that the two that did were pretty much the minor characters since we already got two big main character deaths in the last two weeks. That last shot of the barn burning down was emotional.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next season. Now that Shane is gone, I think it is time for Daryl to step up as the number two guy since he has already helped out the group so much.

Hated Lori as always. Everything she did in this episode turned me off the character even more. She is one of the most moronic characters on television right now.

Looking forward to season three and all the new characters that will be introduced from the comics. I'm very happy with the huge ratings this show has been getting.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 07:59 AM   #1553
sojourner
Admiral
 
sojourner's Avatar
 
Location: I'm at WKRP
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

[QUOTE=propita;6033871]
MPH wrote: View Post
propita wrote: View Post
Spoiler on Michonne in the new Playboy. It explains who the two zombies are and why they're on chains.

If the zombie herd was heading out of the city, why wouldn't our group want to be BEHIND them? Staying in front of them means the herd is always chasing them; being behind the herd should give some rest.

And shouldn't the herd be decomposing more and more? I can understand that there could be new zombies as people die, or evidently, the zombie-flu takes them over (a la Shane).[/QUOTE]

There is no zombie flu
I know it's not a flu, but whatever the contagion is. I used "flu" cause I couldn't think of contagion or whatever.

I hope I didn't upset you too much with my malapropism.
Oh, I think he knew what you meant. as in "there is no zombie-flu that takes them over (a la Shane)". That whole line of reasoning is the view of one poster and doesn't really jibe with the show.
__________________
Baby, you and me were never meant to be, just maybe think of me once in a while...
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 10:14 AM   #1554
Morpheus 02
Commodore
 
Location: Chicago IL
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Some random thoughts:
= Rick not telling people about "the secret" -- It's just added unnecessary stress. i mean, was anyone EXPECTING to die (like of cancer or pneumonia or something)? The only way someone in the group would have died (in the short term) would be by murder...and if THAT is a worry -- well, things are already messed up. A new worry downer would certainly have hurt things

= Lori's conflicted feelings over Shan e. Don't forget shane DID save her & Carl from doom. They wouldn't be alive today without him. And if Rick hadn't survived after all, she would have been with Shane, with no guilt. So she's certainly a littl emessed up.

= How much REAL sleep have people had over the past, what MONTH (at best)? No wonder they're stressed out!



Can't wait for season 3!
__________________
Morpheus 02
a.k.a.
JP Paulus jp [at] paulus . com
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 11:55 AM   #1555
Silent_Bob
Fleet Captain
 
Silent_Bob's Avatar
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Morpheus 02 wrote: View Post
Some random thoughts:
= Rick not telling people about "the secret" -- It's just added unnecessary stress. i mean, was anyone EXPECTING to die (like of cancer or pneumonia or something)? The only way someone in the group would have died (in the short term) would be by murder...and if THAT is a worry -- well, things are already messed up. A new worry downer would certainly have hurt things
Exactly. Plus let's not forget that he received this information at a point where several of his group were seriously considering suicide. It's not exactly going to encourage anyone to keep going if you turn round and say "oh, by the way, we're all infected and going to turn into Zombies when we die whether we're bitten or not. Let's go gang!"
__________________
"Does the cold of deep space make your nipples go pointy Bowie? Do you use your pointy nipples as telescopic antennae to transmit data back to Earth? I bet you do, you freaky old bastard you"
Silent_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 01:22 PM   #1556
Disruptor
Commodore
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Xerxus wrote: View Post
One thing that bothered me this episode (and in a lot of zombie fiction) is that the characters don't just drive over the herd with their cars/trucks. Even if it doesn't brain the zombies, it should at least break some limbs.
In a herd that big, that's a potential way to get bogged down and stuck in a unmoveable vehicle surrounded by walkers.
Disruptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 02:45 PM   #1557
Mr. Adventure
Admiral
 
Mr. Adventure's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Adventure
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Disruptor wrote: View Post
In a herd that big, that's a potential way to get bogged down and stuck in a unmoveable vehicle surrounded by walkers.
That reminds me, did anyone cringe when they did that u-turn with the truck? I wouldn't do that now, let alone in zombie country. I've gotten trucks stuck with two wheels still on the road.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 02:51 PM   #1558
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

FreezeC77 wrote: View Post
9 million for the finale and the season average was around 7mil viewers per episode.

So basically if you took Breaking Bad and Mad Men and added them together their total viewership would still be on average close to 2.5m/3m viewers less per episode than Walking Dead averages... yet somehow the budget gets cut before the season starts.
Hopefully with the record ratings for the season finale, AMC will increase the budget a bit for the next season. I don't think they've started shooting season three yet.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 02:57 PM   #1559
Venardhi
Vice Admiral
 
Venardhi's Avatar
 
Location: Constant transit
Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Disruptor wrote: View Post
Xerxus wrote: View Post
One thing that bothered me this episode (and in a lot of zombie fiction) is that the characters don't just drive over the herd with their cars/trucks. Even if it doesn't brain the zombies, it should at least break some limbs.
In a herd that big, that's a potential way to get bogged down and stuck in a unmoveable vehicle surrounded by walkers.
We did see T-Dawg aim for a few in the truck at one point.
__________________
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20 2012, 03:22 PM   #1560
Beagleman
Captain
 
Beagleman's Avatar
 
Location: European Union
Re: The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Disruptor wrote: View Post
In a herd that big, that's a potential way to get bogged down and stuck in a unmoveable vehicle surrounded by walkers.
That reminds me, did anyone cringe when they did that u-turn with the truck? I wouldn't do that now, let alone in zombie country. I've gotten trucks stuck with two wheels still on the road.
Yes! Why on earth would you want to do that? It's not even like the shot looked cool because of it.
Beagleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
frank darabont, horror, robert kirkman, the walking dead, twd, zombies

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.