Star Trek Uniform Laptop Bag And Fanny Pack
By: T'Bonz on May 26

Star Trek: The Fifty Year Mission
By: T'Bonz on May 26

Where No Garden Gnome Has Gone Before
By: T'Bonz on May 22

Scotland Yard Trekkie Fear
By: T'Bonz on May 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy All your nerd stuff goes here.

Old September 5 2014, 03:27 AM   #1
yenny
Captain

Supergirl TV Series is being work on.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...s-works-730356

A few months ago, the guys that are working on Man Of Steel 2 were on Twitter. I tweeted them saying, I wonder what Superman reaction will be if he meet Supergirl in Man Of Steel 3.

Supergirl is coming to a cable or broadcast Television network in the near future; Probably a year or two, maybe least?
There had never been a Supergirl television series, only a movie. Which didn't do well at the box office.
yenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2014, 03:43 AM   #2
TayLaLaLa
Commodore

Re: Supergirl TV Series is being work on.

Yay!
TayLaLaLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2014, 04:58 AM   #3
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Vice Admiral

Saw what you will about the old Supergirl movie.. it might not be a great film or even a really good one, but it is very underrated. It has a few things that stand out, like the score, some awesome wirework (I think the shot where she lands in the city at night is really quite good) and, most of all, an actress who fit the title role perfectly. Her costume might be inherently silly, but she wore it like it mattered.
Old September 5 2014, 05:22 AM   #4
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ What we got was much better than this...

The headband Supergirl started wearing in 1984 and was wearing when she died in Crisis on Infinite Earths was added at the request of the movie producers, who wanted DC's Supergirl to look like the movie version. DC agreed to the change... and then the producers changed their minds.
Source

As for a series, I'm in.

I heard that there were contingency plans to make Smallville a Supergirl show with the focus on Laura Vandervoort's Kara Kent if Tom Welling ever left. Don't know if that's true or not.

Last edited by Agent Richard07; September 5 2014 at 05:40 AM.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2014, 05:44 AM   #5
TayLaLaLa
Commodore

^ I would have loved a LV Supergirl series! I would have loved a Britt Irvin Stargirl series!!!
Old September 5 2014, 06:33 AM   #6
CorporalClegg
Admiral

The article I read stated Berlanti already pitched the series to CW and they turned him down strait away. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. They've already had success with him. I would think they'd at least want to hold on to the rights for the time being to see what happens with Flash. If it does as well as Arrow, then you'd think the network would want to stick with the guy who's hitting well for them. Plus, she's a fairly popular property, not currently beholden to the embargo, and any tie-in potential would more than likely help the show. Certainly there are no guarantees in television, but it doesn't hurt to stack the deck on your favor. I understand why Gotham or even Constantine are better off on other networks, but this seems like a no-brainer to me.

Plus, it would be a nice way to introduce Kryptonion/Kandorian mythos into the Arrowverse without having to use that other fella. In fact, I can't help but wonder if this is why Berlanti wanted to do a Kara show in the first place, and he assumed CW would green-light it.
Old September 5 2014, 06:38 AM   #7
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ Yeah, I was thinking that a Supergirl series would have been a good addition to the Arrow/Flash universe. Then I figured that it might be odd to introduce her without there being a Superman around. That could be why they passed.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5 2014, 11:59 AM   #8
martok2112
Fleet Captain

Supergirl in the Bruce Timm styled JLU outfit....FTW!
Old September 5 2014, 05:58 PM   #9
davejames
Vice Admiral

Really hope this happens, and I agree it seems like a show that would be perfect for the CW demographic. Although perhaps on another network there's a chance we could get something much less angsty and melodramatic than the usual CW fare, which would be good.

And once again I'd love for this to tie into the new MOS universe (and for her to be wearing a variation of the same supersuit), but I know that's probably not going to happen.

Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote: View Post
Saw what you will about the old Supergirl movie.. it might not be a great film or even a really good one, but it is very underrated. It has a few things that stand out, like the score, some awesome wirework (I think the shot where she lands in the city at night is really quite good) and, most of all, an actress who fit the title role perfectly. Her costume might be inherently silly, but she wore it like it mattered.
I don't know if I'd call it underrated exactly, but it definitely does have some very cool moments. Like the street battle against the construction equipment, the scene of Kara learning how to fly over the lake, and her encounter with some street thugs. And the Phantom Zone sequence seems much cooler now than it did at the time as well.

Just those things alone make it a helluva lot better than Superman III and IV.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2014, 01:07 AM   #10
Gaith
Rear Admiral

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
Plus, it would be a nice way to introduce Kryptonion/Kandorian mythos into the Arrowverse without having to use that other fella. In fact, I can't help but wonder if this is why Berlanti wanted to do a Kara show in the first place, and he assumed CW would green-light it.
Ugh, no thank you. I admit that Arrow has been doing an excellent job at gradually introducing fantastical elements, my skepticism nothwithstanding, but there are limits, and full-power Kryptonians crosses the line for that world. IMHO.

Also, as much as I'd like to see a full-on Supergirl series, I think the budget matter would be prohibitive. Photoreal flying and action ain't cheap.
Gaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2014, 01:09 AM   #11
CorporalClegg
Admiral

It's a lot cheaper than it was even four years ago.
Old September 6 2014, 01:11 AM   #12
TayLaLaLa
Commodore

John Diggle joked about aliens. What's next, aliens?
Old September 6 2014, 01:21 AM   #13
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

If they really want to cut down on cost but have the Superman Conection, what about Krypto?

A flying Dog in a Superman cape?

Thing about a Supermut is that I can see him spinning wound the earth backwards, turning back time, so that he can eat some vomit he made last night again.

Seriously?

How do they stop Krypto from ####ing up the space time continuum?

Krypto thinks that he's going to chase a car, and then he's accidentally crashed into Abraham Lincoln and chewing his arm off.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 6 2014, 01:25 AM   #14
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral

Three tidbits here:

1. If WB and DC don't tie the Green Arrow and Flash TV series (and this Supergirl series if it happens) in with the (Green Lantern---->?) MOS ---> Justice League movies, they're complete morons. But, having seen the New 52, and so many other failures to properly reboot or capitalize on synergistic marketing (yes, I actually did just say that phrase in all seriousness) in the past from them, they ARE complete morons, so I have very little hope.

2. I wore blue and green (separately, not together) headbands throughout jr. high because Kryptonians were depicted as doing so in the comics.

3. If this series is handled as well as Green Arrow, I'm for it. If it is handled as badly as Smallville, forget about it.
Old September 6 2014, 01:52 AM   #15
CorporalClegg
Admiral

As much I'd like to see a unified DCU, Christopher makes some good points as to why it's a bad idea ... at least for now.