Trek Ice Cube Maker and Shot Glasses
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

City on the Edge of Forever #3 Preview

TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old November 19 2011, 08:08 PM   #91
Top41

Re: Hawaii 5-0: The Second Season Begins!

Yeah, I think Lori is totally here to stay. As for Jenna, she's back next week... I'm curious to see what her deal really is. That reveal at the end of the season premiere was pretty cool and unexpected.
Old November 20 2011, 04:41 PM   #92
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

Top41 wrote: View Post
Yeah, I think Lori is totally here to stay. As for Jenna, she's back next week... I'm curious to see what her deal really is. That reveal at the end of the season premiere was pretty cool and unexpected.
Well the end of Lori is the designated special moment ratings stunt if TPTB feel they need one. It would have the impact that blowing up Kelly Hu seconds after teasing her as a love interest for Chin Ho lacked.
Old November 21 2011, 05:08 AM   #93
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Tomorrow's episode looks mega badass.
Old November 21 2011, 05:23 AM   #94
sojourner
Admiral

It looks like an episode of Magnum P.I. So yes, Mega badass.
Old November 21 2011, 05:30 AM   #95
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

sojourner wrote: View Post
It looks like an episode of Magnum P.I. So yes, Mega badass.
Well there was the "Mission MIA" episode when Magnum Ric, TC and Sergeant Major Higgins went to Vietnam to try to free the secret prisoners back before relations thawed. By the finale the Vietnamese did release secret prisoners.
Old November 21 2011, 07:38 AM   #96
sojourner
Admiral

^Yep, that's the one. It was mega badass when it aired. Still not as good as the Ivan episode though.
Old November 21 2011, 04:51 PM   #97
Top41

Tonight's episode does look really good! I wonder if this is the last new one before the holidays? I'm excited Jenna Kaye is going to be back--looking forward to finding out what her deal is!
Old November 22 2011, 01:57 PM   #98
Technobuilder
Commodore

Well I have to say, I kinda saw the outlines of Jenna's arc coming a mile away.

But I wasn't expecting what happened next.

I still like the show, but I kinda feel like this season is missing something that was there in season 1.
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 02:47 PM   #99
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

Wait a minute a secret "rebel" army on the Korean DMZ. A Plain Jane 1975 Huey just flies over the border and orbits in North Korea long enough for some ancient SEALs and cops to hump 6 kilometers to a bunker and then pull off an ambush without Kim's People's Army noticing. This was one of those scenarios which called for a fictional nation, or even Vietnam again.
Old November 22 2011, 04:58 PM   #100
Top41

Yeah, it was more than a bit far-fetched, but I loved this episode! I kind of figured Jenna was betraying Steve in the hopes of getting her fiance back, but wow, did she get hers. I was really surprised when Wo Fat just shot her. I kinda figured she'd die, but didn't really think it would be so sudden and shocking.

I really felt bad for Steve--obviously because he got tortured, but you could also tell he was so crushed that Jenna had betrayed him. I thought the scene with them after it was clear they were both screwed played really well.

The rescue team coming together was fun--unrealistic that they'd encounter no real problems but fun nonetheless.

And Chin got engaged! Let's hope he and Malia have it better than Tony and Michelle did. Lots of cute bromance stuff between Steve and Danny, too... Danny's concern before Steve left, and Steve's response to it, was totally sweet. And Danny finding Steve at the end... these two and their relationship really are the show for me. I love the banter and bickering, but I think it's really sweet that there's a genuine friendship there, too.
Old November 22 2011, 09:16 PM   #101
Alrik
Rear Admiral

^

Loved the look on Steve's face when Danny found him in the back of the truck.

So the plot was a little far fetched...it was fun. So what do we think this "Sheldon" or what ever Wo Fat called it is? If Wo Fat doesn't know, and Steve doesn't know, I have to wonder if it was some sort of trap that Jack was trying to put together to catch Wo Fat.
Alrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 11:36 PM   #102
Technobuilder
Commodore

"Shellburne"
"You fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this - "Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!"
Technobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22 2011, 11:58 PM   #103
Alrik
Rear Admiral

^

Why thanky. I knew it was 'shell' something, but just couldn't remember. But 'shell' is the part that got me to thinking. Shellburne-shell game-scam to lure out Wo Fat? Who knows, just putting it out there.
Alrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2011, 02:33 AM   #104
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

The main action of the story was incredibly farfetched, but this episode ended up being good by virtue of the sum of its parts: Jenna's surprising exit (which was really well-played, by the way), some good Steve/Danny moments, and Kono got to do something! Jimmy Buffet was really fun in the bar scene, and I especially loved Danno's nod to "Margaritaville."

There was a special treat for fans of the original Five-O last night: the manager of the apartment complex where Jenna was living on Maui was played by Doug Mossman, who appeared on the original series 27 times, including 13 Season 7 episodes as fill-in detective Frank Kamana (during the period after they fired Al Harrington, but before Herman Wedemeyer's Duke Lukela got promoted from HPD up to Five-O). It's nice that they're able to work these guys in from time to time, especially considering how few of them are left.
"For those of you playing the home game, this is what is known as a 'Prince Albert'. And I'm sure that was his last wish. 'Victoria, I'm dying. I want you to name a museum, a performance hall, and a bolt through the cock after me.'"
—Robin Williams, Live on Broadway
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23 2011, 04:03 AM   #105
Sheep
Vice Admiral

Alrik wrote: View Post
So what do we think this "Sheldon" or what ever Wo Fat called it is?
Big Bang Theory crossover, confirmed.

That was a fun, turn your brain off kind of episode. I say that in the nicest way possible as it did have my undivided attention. Alex O'Laughlin does a pretty good Jack Bauer getting tortured and then later stalking his torturers with no ill effects.