The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service

Yelchin In New Indie Thriller

Saldana In The Book of Life

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old November 10 2011, 10:11 PM   #76
Alrik
Rear Admiral

Re: Hawaii 5-0: The Second Season Begins!

Broccoli wrote: View Post

Has anyone else notice a trend of Danny taking stuff from the victims of the crimes they are investigating? Two weeks in a row, Danny took something happily that belonged to a victim.
Its not like their going to miss them.
Alrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11 2011, 05:17 AM   #77
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
cardinal biggles wrote: View Post

Did anyone else pick up on the subtext that Greg Grunberg's character and the dead agent might have been a bit more than just co-workers?
I waited the whole episode for that bomb to drop. I really thought that was coming.
It was heavily implied.

So they 'shout out' to the Heroes crossing but not the LOST crossing? There've been at least 4 people from LOST on 5-0 (including one this week) and two of the main characters have been in the same scene without any in-joke or anything.
Old November 12 2011, 08:14 AM   #78
Morpheus 02
Commodore

Any BSG actors planned to guest star on Hawaii 5-0? That would be interesting as well...
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12 2011, 09:08 AM   #79
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Corran Horn wrote: View Post

So they 'shout out' to the Heroes crossing but not the LOST crossing? There've been at least 4 people from LOST on 5-0 (including one this week) and two of the main characters have been in the same scene without any in-joke or anything.
It's odd since Paul Zbyszewski who was a writer/producer on Lost for it's final 2 seasons is a co-executive producer on 5-0. With O'Quinn and Kim on the show they gotta do it!
Old November 14 2011, 02:46 AM   #80
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Corran Horn wrote: View Post

It's odd since Paul Zbyszewski who was a writer/producer on Lost for it's final 2 seasons is a co-executive producer on 5-0. With O'Quinn and Kim on the show they gotta do it!

Kurtzman and Orci are involved in 5-0 too.
Old November 14 2011, 04:45 PM   #81
Top41

Broccoli wrote: View Post
Besides the apparent subtext that something more personal was between him and the victim amounting to nothing, there was the connection between him and Lori, which could have provided some good backstory for her character. Again, nothing was done other than "Yeah, we know each other." There was also the whole thing at the end with the bad guy trying to taunt him into shooting. And that was resolved extremely anticlimactically with Steve mumbling "You're not getting off that easy" during a dissolve to the next scene. The use of that character was very puzzling.
Yeah, that really was anti-climactic. I totally thought Grunberg was going to shoot that guy. I'm glad he didn't because it would have been a downer to see Lori's friend go away for murder after all of that, but the scene did end kind of abruptly and awkwardly.

Has anyone else notice a trend of Danny taking stuff from the victims of the crimes they are investigating? Two weeks in a row, Danny took something happily that belonged to a victim.
I'm blanking on what Danny took in the previous episode, unless you mean the apartment? I think Danny is kind of lost/unmoored right now because of his living situation, so he's looking for something, anything that could anchor him. Poor Danno!
Old November 15 2011, 12:02 AM   #82
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Yeah, I was referring to taking the victim's apartment in the Halloween episode.
Old November 15 2011, 06:25 PM   #83
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Well, Top41 called it — Danno is now crashing at McGarrett's house!

I loved the ending with Lori and Max dressed up in their Grease costumes, and the slack-jawed stares of disappointment from Steve and Danny. Amusing use of Kamekona, too... loved the bit with the Spam-scented air freshener.

And it took me a while to register that Chris Bauer — Andy Bellefleur on True Blood — was the captain of the cable ship. I knew the face was familiar, but the voice wasn't as gravelly.
"For those of you playing the home game, this is what is known as a 'Prince Albert'. And I'm sure that was his last wish. 'Victoria, I'm dying. I want you to name a museum, a performance hall, and a bolt through the cock after me.'"
—Robin Williams, Live on Broadway
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16 2011, 04:46 PM   #84
Top41

Haha--I loved seeing Danno staying at McGarrett's! Their fights are so funny. I'm with Steve though--I can't sleep with the TV on either. I thought it was pretty sweet that he bought Danny headphones--and gave them to him in a box with a bow on it! --and I thought Steve seemed a little disappointed when Danno said he was moving out. I bet Steve liked having the company, even though some of Danny's habits clearly annoyed him. Steve seems a little lonely, and he's always trying to hang out with Danno anyway. It must have been nice having him there.

The Max stuff cracked me up--at first, after the Camaro last week, I thought maybe he was jealous Danny asked to crash with Steve rather than him? But the movie night thing was pretty good, too.

I recognized Chris Bauer and was wondering if he'd turn out to be the killer just based on being the highest profile guest star in the episode. Glad that wasn't the case. Though I totally called the victim being in the witness protection program, I didn't see the twist of who the actual murderer was (and that it was an accident) coming. Good episode, and next week's looks intense!
Old November 16 2011, 09:14 PM   #85
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Top41 wrote: View Post
Though I totally called the victim being in the witness protection program, I didn't see the twist of who the actual murderer was (and that it was an accident) coming. Good episode, and next week's looks intense!
Yeah, that was a really great twist. The victim might have made it if he hadn't been so paranoid about letting the doctor work with the rest of his surgical team.
"For those of you playing the home game, this is what is known as a 'Prince Albert'. And I'm sure that was his last wish. 'Victoria, I'm dying. I want you to name a museum, a performance hall, and a bolt through the cock after me.'"
Old November 17 2011, 01:23 AM   #86
sojourner
Admiral

The writing is definitely coming together this season. Wonder if Boomer is upset with her reduced role? She could take the extra time to eat something.
Old November 17 2011, 06:43 AM   #87
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Yeah, Grace Park does seem to be the odd person out this season. It kind of makes me wonder if the introduction of Lori was an intentional way to start phasing Kono out of the show. The original Five-O was always a four-person team, and that was back in the days of zero character development, zero story arcs, wrap it all up in 50 minutes. With most hour-long shows only having 40-42 minutes of actual show time these days, factor in mandatory Steve & Danno banter time, plus Lori is the new kid on the block, and now we've got to visit Max every week, someone's going to get short shrift here.
Old November 18 2011, 04:23 PM   #88
Top41

The Steve and Danno banter is totally mandatory. It's what distinguishes the show from all the other procedurals out there.

I hope Kono doesn't fall off the radar though. That really is disappointing.
Old November 18 2011, 11:32 PM   #89
Sheep
Vice Admiral

We all know the only reason modern shows introduce new characters like Lori Weston is to kill them off during sweeps periods or season finales.
Old November 19 2011, 05:13 PM   #90
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Not true; they introduced Jenna Kaye's character last season so they could