RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,709
Members: 24,833
Currently online: 504
Newest member: kamkaran

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old November 8 2011, 08:01 PM   #61
BigFoot
Admiral

Re: Hawaii 5-0: The Second Season Begins!

Are we on a Star Trek board or what? I can't believe no one has mentioned the DS9 reference.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9 2011, 12:32 AM   #62
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I missed that one. What was it?

Broccoli wrote: View Post
I'm surprised they haven't done a Lost gag (as far as I know), considering Lost was much more popular (overall) that Heroes.
They did use the exact same boat Lost used for Penny's boat, The Searcher, seen in Lost's 4th season finale. But you'd think with Terry O'Quinn guesting and Daniel Dae Kim as a series regular they would've done something bigger than that.
Old November 9 2011, 06:40 AM   #63
BigFoot
Admiral

^ Max said he had to sell his fossil collection and his DS9 action figures to buy the Camaro.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9 2011, 04:52 PM   #64
Top41

I love that Max got a car just like Danny's. Love, love, love. That was hilarious!
Old November 9 2011, 08:15 PM   #65
Alrik
Rear Admiral

^
Better yet, I loved the licence plates. "WARP 9"
Alrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9 2011, 08:18 PM   #66
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Which made me think of the poster by the same name. And in turn means I spend too much time on the site.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9 2011, 08:22 PM   #67
Alrik
Rear Admiral

You and me both.
Alrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2011, 05:57 AM   #68
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

After this show ends O'Laughlin and Caan should do a sitcom together. They're very funny together.
Old November 10 2011, 06:06 AM   #69
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

They are. They're the reason I keep tuning into this show week after week. For however long they can keep doing their odd couple schtick, I'll keep watching.

Did anyone else pick up on the subtext that Greg Grunberg's character and the dead agent might have been a bit more than just co-workers?
"For those of you playing the home game, this is what is known as a 'Prince Albert'. And I'm sure that was his last wish. 'Victoria, I'm dying. I want you to name a museum, a performance hall, and a bolt through the cock after me.'"
—Robin Williams, Live on Broadway
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2011, 07:22 AM   #70
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

cardinal biggles wrote: View Post

Did anyone else pick up on the subtext that Greg Grunberg's character and the dead agent might have been a bit more than just co-workers?
I waited the whole episode for that bomb to drop. I really thought that was coming.
Old November 10 2011, 07:59 AM   #71
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Yeah, I kinda thought that too. I guess he is just that concerned about his employees.
Old November 10 2011, 04:56 PM   #72
Top41

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
After this show ends O'Laughlin and Caan should do a sitcom together. They're very funny together.
cardinal biggles wrote: View Post
They are. They're the reason I keep tuning into this show week after week. For however long they can keep doing their odd couple schtick, I'll keep watching.
Yes!! This is really why I watch, too. During that whole scene in Danny's ratty apartment while they were watching the movie together, I kept thinking, you know, this could be the whole episode and I'd be thoroughly entertained.

I kind of wondered if that was going to be an element, or a twist in the story. I think if it had been the case, he wouldn't have given her medal to 5-0, but I definitely thought the subtext was there.
Old November 10 2011, 06:05 PM   #73
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Grunberg's character seemed kinda wasted in the episode. He contributed nothing to it other than give them some initial information. In other episodes, characters like that would disappear after they served their purpose in the first 15 minutes.

Besides the apparent subtext that something more personal was between him and the victim amounting to nothing, there was the connection between him and Lori, which could have provided some good backstory for her character. Again, nothing was done other than "Yeah, we know each other." There was also the whole thing at the end with the bad guy trying to taunt him into shooting. And that was resolved extremely anticlimactically with Steve mumbling "You're not getting off that easy" during a dissolve to the next scene. The use of that character was very puzzling.

Has anyone else notice a trend of Danny taking stuff from the victims of the crimes they are investigating? Two weeks in a row, Danny took something happily that belonged to a victim.
Old November 10 2011, 06:25 PM   #74
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Thems the perks.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2011, 08:34 PM   #75
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

Broccoli wrote: View Post
Has anyone else notice a trend of Danny taking stuff from the victims of the crimes they are investigating? Two weeks in a row, Danny took something happily that belonged to a victim.
Guess that's how things work in Jersey.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote