Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old May 3 2012, 03:17 PM   #286
cardinal biggles
Danny Donkey hates you

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles
Re: Hawaii 5-0: The Second Season Begins!

I thought the crossover was a lot of fun, for a lot of the reasons you stated above.

While I'll occasionally watch NCIS, I've never been able to get into LA, in part because I'm not a huge fan of either of the leads. They work well together, though, and I might give it another shot. Also loved seeing Linda Hunt as their boss. I've been a fan of hers ever since she played the principal in Kindergarten Cop.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3 2012, 07:47 PM   #287
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Loved the crossover. I hope they do another one so Alex O'Laughlin can participate. The Steve/Danno relationship would make it even better
Old May 8 2012, 07:55 AM   #288
Top41

Great episode tonight! It was great to have McGarrett back, and to have him and Danno going right back to their bantering. I love the two of them bickering and teasing each other.

Loved Danny being lippy with the CIA guys even after they kidnapped him and tied him to a chair. Danny just doesn't know when to back down! I love how stubborn he is.

The reunion at the end was really sweet--loved seeing all of the team back together. Steve was definitely missed. I'm worried that Wo Fat isn't out of cards to play yet... he seemed to be really studying the team when Steve reunited with them... I think he realized Steve has another family of sorts he could use against him.

Also, did the preview actually give away
Old May 8 2012, 03:08 PM   #289
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

when we saw the promo I noticed Max getting shot then my wife thought it was Kono being thrown overboard. So they are in full deception mode.
Old May 9 2012, 06:59 AM   #290
Top41

They are! But I don't think Kono--or any one of the main four--dies. My guess would be it's Max, since he clearly got shot. Story-wise, I really would have thought it was Joe.

Also, random possible continuity error: in the first scene with Danny and the CIA (after they kidnapped him), it looked like his hands were handcuffed (separately) to the arms of the chair, but then in the scene where the guy freed him, it looked like they were tied. Did anyone else notice that or did I just mis-see something in one of the scenes? It seems like a pretty big thing for them to get wrong...
Old May 9 2012, 03:40 PM   #291
cardinal biggles
Danny Donkey hates you

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

I'd have to watch it again, I honestly didn't notice how he was strapped to the chair in the first scene. When the bonds were cut, though, it looked like they'd used zip-ties rather than cuffs or tape or anything else.

They never show the promos On Demand, so I'll be very interested to see who dies. I hope it's not Max, I really enjoy how they've used him this season. My money was on Joe, too.
Old May 9 2012, 03:48 PM   #292
Sheep
Vice Admiral

I'm inclined to think both Max and Kono won't die because they decided to show them in harm's way in the teaser for the finale. That leaves Joe White (my pick) and Charlie Fong as the most likely to bite a bullet.

Of course, McGarrett's sister could always show up and be in peril like every other time she's appeared on the show.
Old May 9 2012, 04:55 PM   #293
cardinal biggles
Danny Donkey hates you

My money's still on Joe White, only because if either Grace Park or Masi Oka were leaving the show, you'd think there'd be a rumor out by now.
Old May 9 2012, 07:04 PM   #294
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

yeah, in the internet age a series regular leaving a show is hard to keep secret...almost impossible.
Old May 10 2012, 03:59 AM   #295
Top41

My money is still on Joe, but the preview sure makes it look like it's Max, since he obviously gets shot.

I'm also wondering why we don't see Danny in the preview. Not that I think he'd be the one who dies--no way--but I wonder if he's in some other kind of jeopardy.

cardinal biggles wrote: View Post
I'd have to watch it again, I honestly didn't notice how he was strapped to the chair in the first scene. When the bonds were cut, though, it looked like they'd used zip-ties rather than cuffs or tape or anything else.
Definitely zip ties in the second scene. But I swear during the first one they were handcuffs. I'm probably wrong, but I'll probably watch the ep again at some point, so I'll pay better attention the second time around.
Old May 11 2012, 05:31 PM   #296
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

What the frak was Kono thinking? Hooking up with the son of the head of the Yakuza in Hawaii? Not smart...even if they guy was trying to go straight (and it looked like it that he was minus the going after Wo Fat thing) because there's always going to be someone from the old guard who won't want to go legit. Not a good year for female cops on CBS...first on Unforgettable the female cop dates the son of a mob boss and now Kono..and both go sideways.

The episodes without Steve were good but it feels like 5-0 again with him back. More great Steve/Danno banter and I kind of teared up a little when the team was getting all warm and fuzzy with each other at the end of the episode.

Next week looks like another insane 5-0 season finale.
Old May 11 2012, 11:31 PM   #297
Aragorn
Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
yeah, in the internet age a series regular leaving a show is hard to keep secret...almost impossible.
The death will be Tom Sizemore's character.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12 2012, 09:46 AM   #298
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Was that one of the Baldwin brothers in the preview for the season finale?
Old May 12 2012, 09:34 PM   #299
Sheep
Vice Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
Was that one of the Baldwin brothers in the preview for the season finale?
Yes. It was William who appeared earlier this season as part of Kono's gone evil storyline.
Old May 13 2012, 01:33 AM   #300
Top41

^Yeah, she took him down. Looks like maybe he's back and seeking revenge?