Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old January 12 2012, 07:29 AM   #166
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles
Re: Hawaii 5-0: The Second Season Begins!

I really haven't been able to get into NCIS: LA, but I'll give it another shot in advance of the crossover. Not a big fan of L.L. Cool J, and I haven't been able to take Chris O'Donnell seriously since, like, ever.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12 2012, 07:38 AM   #167
Top41

Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
They better have a Danno and Steve bickering in the car scene!!!!!
Agreed!!!! Those really are my favorite scenes, period.

cardinal biggles wrote: View Post
I really haven't been able to get into NCIS: LA, but I'll give it another shot in advance of the crossover. Not a big fan of L.L. Cool J, and I haven't been able to take Chris O'Donnell seriously since, like, ever.
The military procedurals have never really interested me--I think I've seen one ep of NCIS LA. I'll watch it for the H5-0 crossover, though!
Old January 12 2012, 07:39 AM   #168
BigFoot
Admiral

^ NCIS: LA is more of a cop show than a military procedural.
BigFoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12 2012, 07:45 AM   #169
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

BigFoot wrote: View Post
Like all cop shows they have more firefights then your average Marine infantryman in Afghanistan. But then LA makes even less of a hand wave at "Navy" involvement in their cases then their parent show.
Old January 14 2012, 08:57 AM   #170
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/01/haw...s-caan-to.html

James Caan is guest starring on the show in February.

Will he play Danno's father?
Old January 14 2012, 01:45 PM   #171
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Oh, he has to. That would be an obvious, but awesome bit of casting.
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14 2012, 05:58 PM   #172
Top41

That's so great! I remember reading in an interview somewhere that Scott was skeptical about his dad ever appearing on H5-0, so it's sweet to see that his dad decided to do an episode. I hope he plays Danno's father, and not some random suspect.

Imagining the scene in which McGarrett meets Danno's dad is already cracking me up.
Old January 17 2012, 04:42 PM   #173
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

"Okay, in this scene, we are going to stop the episode dead, so we can discuss Subway sandwiches for three minutes."

As much as I love Subway and have no problems with product placement, even I have to say that that was a bit gratuitous.
Old January 17 2012, 05:27 PM   #174
Top41

The Subway convo was totally gratuitous. They split up Steve and Danno for a lot of the episode, and usually the random bantering comes between those two, and really, it works best when it does.

That being said, I loved that Sang Min came back--that guy always cracks me up! And he and Kamekona being paired up to go undercover was pretty funny. Kamekona is awesome, and the five footlongs were funny, too.

Danny is seriously pretty much the nicest guy on the planet. I felt SO bad for him during those scenes with Rachel--that must have seriously been killing him. That was supposed to be his baby... poor guy. I guess Rachel and Stan are still having problems. I still think Danny and Rachel are the show's endgame.

I love that Steve showed up at the hospital at the end of the episode. You could tell from the way he looked at Danny that he knew exactly what Danny was going through. I love that he showed up to take care of Danny and make sure he was okay--great way to end the episode.

So Joe is Shelburne? That seems kind of convoluted, but I guess at least we know now who Shelburne is. And now Steve does, too.
Old January 18 2012, 09:23 AM   #175
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

I found the Subway sandwich scene to be hilarious. Didn't really bug me. I prefer product placement to using phony products.

The Danno/ex wife gives birth thing fell kind of flat to me. I wish it was either more serious or played for more comic relief. At least one of those would've been more interesting than what we got.

The Shellbourne reveal was also flat. It's just an alias for Joe and MacGarrett senior's secret investigation? I was hoping for more than that. Hopefully more on it will come later. Perhaps there's more to it. I feel that Joe is holding more back.
Old January 18 2012, 03:46 PM   #176
Star Wolf
Rear Admiral

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
I found the Subway sandwich scene to be hilarious. Didn't really bug me. I prefer product placement to using phony products.

The Danno/ex wife gives birth thing fell kind of flat to me. I wish it was either more serious or played for more comic relief. At least one of those would've been more interesting than what we got.

The Shellbourne reveal was also flat. It's just an alias for Joe and MacGarrett senior's secret investigation? I was hoping for more than that. Hopefully more on it will come later. Perhaps there's more to it. I feel that Joe is holding more back.
So I guess we are to assume that Joe has some kind of unconventional career, a cop who went back to the Navy to resume a SEAL career. He is a bit to young to be a Vietnam vet with Pappy McGarrett.
Old January 31 2012, 05:07 PM   #177
Top41

New episode coming next week, and it's a Danno episode!!

Old January 31 2012, 06:36 PM   #178
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

James Caan not playing Danno's father

Just got off the phone with my mini-interview with Peter Lenkov, via Mike Buck and his Mike Buck show:

James Caan approached Peter about Scott Caan,’s character, wanting to know if Rachel and Danny get back together, and even pitched a character idea to Peter and Paul Z. Peter and Paul loved the character and that’s how James’ character came into being. But the big shocker is that James will not be playing Scott’s father! Shocking and intriguing!
Old February 1 2012, 12:17 AM   #179
nightwind1
Commodore

Star Wolf wrote: View Post
BigFoot wrote: View Post
Like all cop shows they have more firefights then your average Marine infantryman in Afghanistan. But then LA makes even less of a hand wave at "Navy" involvement in their cases then their parent show.
Yeah, I've thought they should be a branch of Naval Intelligence, not NCIS. They seem to deal mostly with intel-type cases.
nightwind1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1 2012, 04:13 PM   #180
Top41

I wonder if James Caan is going to end up playing some sort of baddie? It would be cool to have a recurring villain not connected to Wo Fat.

I think Danny and Rachel will get back together in the end!