RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,704
Members: 24,834
Currently online: 430
Newest member: kamkaran

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old January 4 2012, 02:16 AM   #151
ArcherFanForever
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Hawaii 5-0: The Second Season Begins!

[QUOTE=Enterprise is Great;5527996]Every time I see Terry O'Quinn and Daniel Dae Kim in a scene I keep expecting some kind of Lost joke.

Me too! I get LOST Dejavu!
ArcherFanForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4 2012, 04:58 AM   #152
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

While the evil jury consultant was a bit farfetched, it did make for an interesting twist in that the whole plotline with the sex tape was totally unrelated to the murder.

There needs to be a payoff to Shelburne by the end of the season. I'm starting to get tired of these little epilogues at the end of every episode where Steve tries to badger information out of Joe, Joe stonewalls and/or walks away, and we fade to black with no more information than we had before. I'm pretty certain it's Steve's mom, but I'm sure there'll be some sort of unexpected twist.

No new episode next week, but I'm really looking forward to the upcoming episode on 1/16:

"For those of you playing the home game, this is what is known as a 'Prince Albert'. And I'm sure that was his last wish. 'Victoria, I'm dying. I want you to name a museum, a performance hall, and a bolt through the cock after me.'"
—Robin Williams, Live on Broadway
cardinal biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4 2012, 02:31 PM   #153
shivkala
Rear Admiral

I can't tell if it's Terry O'Quinn's mannerisms or the script or what, but there is very little to distinguish Joe White from John Locke for me. Everytime he's on screen, all I can think is "Locke."

I knew Sam Anderson looked familiar, but I couldn't place him. I even commented to my daughter who was watching with me that he looked familiar. Oddly enough, when I went to IMDb and looked up Hawaii Five-0, the page it brought me to for Sam Anderson showed Hawaii Five-0 as his only credit. Can't believe I missed that he was Bernard!
"When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do it knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery, there are times when, at least for now, one must be content to love the questions themselves." --Neil deGrasse Tyson
shivkala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4 2012, 04:48 PM   #154
Top41

Angel AND Lost reunions in this one! Except that DDK and Sam Anderson didn't have any scenes together. I love Sam Anderson though--great to see him show up.

I totally thought it was the dad and not the headmaster who had the affair with the friend! Still gross but much less so, at least in terms of sympathizing with the dad.

214 looks good, though

215 is the one I'm really excited about! Does anyone know when 215 will air? That's the one where
Old January 5 2012, 12:47 AM   #155
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

Send a message via ICQ to cardinal biggles Send a message via AIM to cardinal biggles Send a message via Yahoo to cardinal biggles

Top41 wrote: View Post
214 looks good, though
We'll see.

Top41 wrote:
215 is the one I'm really excited about! Does anyone know when 215 will air?
The Futon Critic is giving a projected date of Feb. 6th, but that could always change.
"For those of you playing the home game, this is what is known as a 'Prince Albert'. And I'm sure that was his last wish. 'Victoria, I'm dying. I want you to name a museum, a performance hall, and a bolt through the cock after me.'"
Old January 5 2012, 05:52 AM   #156
Top41

February 6th?? Dammit, I knew it would be a sweeps episode. Oh well.

Old January 5 2012, 05:58 AM   #157
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

Old January 5 2012, 06:02 AM   #158
cardinal biggles
THE ZEPPO

^That was ages ago (in terms of the episodes in question), and if you hadn't brought her up, I would have totally forgotten her.

Going back to this week's episode, it was nice to see Charlie Fong again. Loved his slightly creepy banter with Kono.
Old January 5 2012, 06:14 AM   #159
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

santa biggles wrote: View Post
^That was ages ago (in terms of the episodes in question), and if you hadn't brought her up, I would have totally forgotten her.
But the last mention of the wife was even longer.

However, the fact that he started to see another person shows that the character is growing and developing. Pairing Danny with his wife (again) would undo that growth I feel and make him look kinda pathetic (wife bails on marriage, later they renew their relationship, she bails on renewed relationship, then they renew again?).
Old January 5 2012, 06:29 AM   #160
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

They really need to move on to the reveal of the Joe White/Shellbourne thing real soon. It's been a little tedious and dragged out the last few episodes. I guess that they're waiting for the Feb. sweeps.
Old January 5 2012, 04:45 PM   #161
Top41

Broccoli wrote: View Post
santa biggles wrote: View Post
But the last mention of the wife was even longer.

However, the fact that he started to see another person shows that the character is growing and developing. Pairing Danny with his wife (again) would undo that growth I feel and make him look kinda pathetic (wife bails on marriage, later they renew their relationship, she bails on renewed relationship, then they renew again?).
I definitely feel like they need to give it some time. I still think Danny and Rachel getting back together will be the endgame for his character romance-wise, but I think they certainly need to have her trying to win him back when that happens or else, yeah, it will make him look pathetic. Though I think for all of his flirtations, the only thing Danny really wants is his family back together.
Old January 6 2012, 01:38 AM   #162
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

^ See, I think that was part of his arc from last year, where everything from his point of view was temporary. This season, we have seen Danny more-or-less accept and embrace his life in Hawaii (somewhat reflected with his complete lack of tie). I kind of hope that part of the acceptance is that he realizes that his marriage is over, and that he needs to move on from that and/or start anew.
Old January 12 2012, 05:37 AM   #163
Enterprise is Great
Rear Admiral

Another Hawaii 5-0/NCIS: LA crossover (this time a two parter)

TV Guide

Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J are about to get NCIS L-lei'd. The stars of NCIS: Los Angeles will say 'aloha' to the sexy actors of fellow CBS series Hawaii Five-0 as part of an exciting May sweeps two-night crossover event. The ambitious case involves the outbreak of a deadly virus that is quite possibly being used as a murder weapon. Yikes!

The sweeps stunt will begin on a Monday episode of Hawaii Five-0, with special appearances by O'Donnell's Callen and LL Cool J's Sam Hanna, and then picks up the following Tuesday evening on NCIS: LA, with Alex O'Loughlin's Steve McGarrett and Scott Caan's Danny Williams paying a visit to the west coast.
Old January 12 2012, 07:16 AM   #164
Top41

Interesting... usually crossovers are eh, but two days in a row of Steve and Danno doesn't sound like such a bad thing. I wonder how the NCIS LA writers will do with their voices--one of my biggest complaints with crossovers is that the guest characters from the other show always feel a little off. But the tones of the two shows are similar, so maybe it will be good. I guess we'll see.
Old January 12 2012, 07:21 AM   #165
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

They better have a Danno and Steve bickering in the car scene!!!!!
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote